Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-pixie- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago

I am the weird North Indian who asked for a spoon at the first Tam wedding she attended….You cannot believe the looks I got,…I am sure the mami next to me wanted to throttle me and the server just said illai and moved on…I was left wondering for 10 minutes as to what illai meant…my exposure to south Indian food was limited to dosa, idli etc…..and here you had all kinds of coconutty stuff (still tastes divine to me when I compare to Kerela cuisine) being piled onto my leaf…LOL! Hasini I am going to be writing my memoirs in your thread at this rate…

Loved the update…and waiting to see Maan make Geet pay for taking panga with him…this battle of the spouses is on now…

-Veritaserum- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Superb part... loved it
MystiqueDew thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
wonderful update...............lovely!!!!
JayaR thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
🤣 ..... she gave him back....with interest.....lolz....

that was awesome hasini..... and ou have used the perfect Tamil words....
well done...
Limerance thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Wonderful update. War and peace is the perfect name for this! The food war within Maan is hilarious I don't know what they will do in the future.
Can't wait for more...
Naimisa thumbnail

I had been reading the fictions by you for quite a long time. I must say you write really well...All the stories are worth appreciation...But what I like the most than the stories is the intricate details you take care of while explaining yet without loosing the flow and keeping the interest of the reader intact. rather I would say you keep us hooked to the story.

I must say this is one of those which many of us can relate to easily .It is bringing back the various memories we would have got when we had first tyrst with south Indian food.

Some of my memories I would like to share…. 

* The first thought I had when people would say south indian food was a pile of rice which I would never ever in my life time be able to finish completely in a single meal with a variety of small bowls on the pate to confuse the person eating it….  But now as I have been staying in south for over 14 yrs I now relish a few dishes but still I fear the pile of rice  .NOM

There are many more but some other day.... Thanks again for waking us back the memory lane...

Antares thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Lolz.....great update that was! Maan is such a prankster.....loved it how Geet requited. War it is.....would love to watch their next move and how they make amends later. Do continue soon.
Part 9: War and Peace Update 2

He didn't know who she was fighting, her or him as he watched her lower her hand beneath the tap and washed off the food mush stuck to her fingers. Her ever present smile was now beginning to amaze him. What had happened to the girl, who bit off the head of any guy who dared to come close to her?...he wondered as he opened the tap next to her. She was now calm and bearing his pranks with uncalled for patience which bothered him. He grew curious to find out more of her...and more importantly about her mysterious eyes that were often playing hide and seek with him.

Before she could walk off into the annoying crowd of her relatives, he stopped her by tugging her wrist, but held his position by the sink without facing her.

"And they say...it's all fair in love and war..."He asked as he caught her nod a yes in time. Yet again, the smile graced her beautiful face. He was losing himself in her momentarily as his gaze dropped to other features of her face, but his mind fought back with a coherent thought.

This means war...you do know that right?" He wanted to clarify that it was more of one than the other.

She said yes now, more so in a whisper. He let go of her hand and walked close to stand behind her. His breath grazed her nape, pooling gentle warmth into her belly. She shuddered slightly, impossible for him to infer the effect he had on her. As he inched in closer, she closed her eyes in prayer for a moment of self control.

"So I shall seek vengeance in all means unfair is what you comprehend then?" he questioned, to which her answer was once again her shy smile; it only propelled him to give a comeback all the more unjust than what was called for.

Either of them did not move from their spots as they came to realize that their little conversation of love and war had long come to an end. It only seemed easier to come up with battle plans than to find reasons to go away from each other now. He chuckled at all that was drawing them towards each other. Well a name would be nice, he thought. But it was a game he would have to play with her another day and so looking straight ahead, he moved aside and quickly walked away from the washroom.

Right when he rounded the corner of the hallway towards the main marriage hall, Adhi met up with him in a hurry.

"Machax...sorry...I had to...fianc pressures...You know all about it..." Adhi said, tapping his arm gently.

"No...I don't...mard ban sale...I'm being singled out against her army" He said. His male ego sounding every bit hurt.

"Dude...You have just been married for 2 hours...wait it out, it will all come to you in good time" Adhi said.

"Anyways I know how to make up...They are asking the pandit for a date and time"

"Ok...you will just have to do better than that..." Maan said confused, trying to guess why anyone would ask mauhurat to go on a date. Adhi was quite the chap at moving information from one person to another, but all very useless nonetheless, he thought. The only date he was interested in finding out was the one, he would be alone with her and the time, was the hour when her own family would push her inside the room and lock the doors behind her. Any other factual were mere waste of his precious RAM, unless...Adhi...was...

His face brightened at the possibility and his eyes widened with eagerness. Adhi didn't have to answer his question now, for he knew that Maan knew what he was talking about and they both screamed in excitement the next moment.

"First night"

The guests had all left and the empty hall echoed even with shrill whispers. And so it made it all the more easier as they eavesdropped from behind one of the pillars. Maan heavily relied on Adhi for the translation as Premi aunty prodded the Vathiyar when they thought they were alone by themselves.

"But why on earth do you need mahurat for your first night?" He asked Adhi in a whisper, unable to comprehend the unique obsession of his new in-laws; they literally had been feeding, sleeping and bathing him per these "kaalam's", he concluded.

"Don't know dude...it's just a timeworn way of doing things...Will you stop your interrogation?..I'm not able to listen" With that Maan switched to silent mode.

"Dude...not good news...Given your nakshatras the pandit thinks that only 20th of this month is auspicious, that's like another..." As Adhi mentally calculated the number of days in his mind, Maan spat the answer in an agonizing hurry.

"14 days...No...you gotta do something" he said.

"Do you want me to bribe him?..." Adhi asked with a loud guffaw, passing off the statement more as a joke.

"Sssh!..." He silenced him first. "Well if the man will take it...why not?" he said as Adhi turned to face him in surprise. His mind raced a mile a minute to come up with ways to bring down the large gap of 14 days the pandit had come up with. He was leaving in another 4 days and she wouldn't show up at his apartment for lord knows how many more months...And so he knew he needed to act now and fast.

"Ok...let me try…I know this vathiyar personally…it might just be your lucky day after all" Adhi said as Maan looked at him with disbelieving ears, that his friend was taking it all personal that what it was.

Adhi moved out of their hiding spot and into the space between the two pillars, doing every stupid gesture known to mankind to attract the Pandit's attention. Adhi faced her mom's backside and so for now he was safe to enact his silly notions. The dance went on for another few more seconds as Adhi waved high and low to distract the frail man who had been drilling his head inside a small book.

Luck was with them that day and just as he was about to give up their petty endeavor the vathiyar had looked in their direction. He had instantly stopped the swaying of hands in mid-air and took out the wallet from his pocket in a jiffy. Taking the notes out one by one as he spread them into a fan, he took one note out of the arrangement and handed it to Maan, who now peeped from behind the pillar.

The pandit was initially puzzled at all the beckoning he had caught sight of but now the two men were indeed speaking his language. Given the secrecy in their positions, he had sharply deduced that the case of the date had indeed deeply bothered the groom. But Adhi was persistent and now took another note and added to the one that Maan was already holding. The old man swallowed his nervousness at the sight of the small and easy fortune that was coming his way.

"Premi...innoru thadavai...parkaren...satha poru (Premi..let me take a look at it again…Wait)" He said as he kept looking back and forth between the corner Adhi was and his book.

"Pannandu vechikalame…Sittha yogam nanna irruku (12th seems auspicious)" Hearing which Athi slapped his forehead and pushed another couple of notes into Maan's hand.  Just as the days lowered and the number of pink notes increased on the other side of the hall, a greedy smile was creeping up the pandit's face.

When a good amount had collected in Maan's hands, he decided he was ready to announce the mahurat for the same day. Although, when he spotted another female in a green sari, signalling to him from the opposite corner, he held back his announcement to Maan's dismay. She threw an angry look at Adhi first and then returned to her previous act of waving at him. She had a smile pile of notes in her hand too. The vathiyar was about to faint that same bemusing moment. He thought he had to check his stars first. It was either his luckiest day or the worst for he could merely be hallucinating the two images that fanned the lump sum of money at him.

Being far away from the duo, he didn't know which pile was heavier. It also did not take long for him to know that the women desired just the opposite of what the men had wanted. He sat there dumbstruck, silently and intently peering into his book and attempted to ignore the battle of the sexes that was on full display on either sides of the hall.

Maan leaned further out and saw that Geet had just done the same looking for him. Having seen Maan catch her behind the other pillar, she pulled back instantly and closed her eyes to give out a content smile. She had underestimated her husband to a large extent, she thought. He was now making this abrupt milestone of her life, even more thrilling and interesting than what she would have experienced had she fell in love and had decided to elope with the man of her choice.

Maan could not help smile at their silly war they were now openly waging against each other. His chest swelled proud as he thought of his competing wife. But now his chest swelled up some more as he felt victory close.

The pandit being a man known to practice fair dishonesty, he had ruled the date in Maan's favor since the male gang had approached him first. Breathing out a heavy sigh and as piercing disgust came upon Meera's face, Adhi grinned cautiously and slid back into their hiding. He hoisted thumbs up at Maan, who peered out the other side to find Geet walk back to her room; her defeat lacing her steps all the way.

He had missed the look on her face and so he sped to her room, through the hallway behind the dias. The score was Maan 1 and Geet 0 and his insensitive male ego, just had to rub it in. Meera had already joined her in the room and when he entered he found them discussing harshly in Tamil unable to make sense of all words they were hurling at each other.

"Erhm..." he tried to clear his voice to announce his presence. The two girls raised their face towards him and Meera gave out a smile and left.

She stood up from the chair and walked backwards as he advanced towards her; her hands shaking tremulously from the moment she saw him in her room. Seemingly, he had noted her nervousness and so took her left hand into his as he tipped her chin to face him once again. He knew she made him do things he felt was out of character even for him, but then it was too late to make the statement, for his hand that had held the chin was now around her back. He was taking it far, before they could at least have a talk about the sudden changes that had come into their life…But then "What the hell?" She was upping her game too either ways, he thought.

"Geet…you will just have to let go of that shyness now…given that it's not such good company at night" He said, implying all that he wanted to indirectly. His words left a tingle inside her. She didn't know how, but now every time he touched her, a myriad of changes were coming to be in her being. Her feet shook, her knees grew weaker and the head rush that made her want to slip and fall into his arms…the worst being her quivering lips, that gave away how much he affected her. It strangely made her angry that she was the only one under the effect and that was quite enough of the negativity needed to launch her into coherency. She wanted to answer him.

"I think it's here to stay…" She looked at him more willingly now "Somehow it knows no one is surrendering to anyone tonight…not even if the other begged for it to leave, you see" she said, with that same coy smile, which was now getting to him for her words didn't match her eyes.

"It's quite sad that we disagree there…for I'm more leaning towards you abandoning your intervening partner and for you to seek me out instead"

She gave out a challenging laugh "Isn't that bordering on over-confidence?" She asked; the fizz that he stirred in her now fading away from his open arrogance and added "Given that you only have 9 hours to make me pine for you…That's being a tad bit delusional Maan" She gestured to show him "small" by straightening out her thumb, index and middle fingers horizontally and raised her hand into his line of sight, more closer to her eyes. She had tilted her head as she had done that playfully and it only drove him crazy to close the distance between them and knock her into a senseless kiss. But he didn't and held back his verve to act upon his impulse. Instead he drew her body closer to his, holding her by both her elbows; his thumb tracing patterns continuously on her smooth skin by the side of her arm. She was turning him into an animal, he thought.

"We will just have to wait and watch don't we?" he said as he let out a villainous smile.

But before he could carry out all that his slick mind was dictating, her troupe of cousins had walked in on them. He had flushed and she had turned a deep scarlet; he had excused himself the next passing second.

They were only husband and wife and the thought perhaps was going to take time sinking into them, for he had every bit regretted the move right after he had exited the room. The feeling of teenagers sneaking upon each other seemed more like what they had experienced that unsuspecting moment and that brought a shy smile upon both their faces, even as they were rooms apart. Well, at least something was common between the two; of course only besides their other commonplace passion to bull doze each other with words and ploys.

Antares thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Me first! 😆

LOL....am having great fun.....fighting their urges to be together and doing every possible thing to emerge victorious in this battle. Adhi is hilarious.....lolz. Pandit ruled in Maan's favor.....so Maan won this round.....can't wait to know what would Geet do next to level the score. Do continue soon.
Edited by Starry_night - 13 years ago
johnangad thumbnail

maan won!!!! cant wait for the next round!