Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
Vindu and Diana are married to each other and what they decide to follow for their child, family it is entirely up to them. Who are we to question them why they are following a certain thing. Everyone follows what is known to them and what they are comfortable in it.

When the family is nuclear most the time what the lady of the house knows or follows, she will try and do those things only as she is running the house which is no surprise. Even when both the parents are of Indian origin but from different states, it happens that the state to which the mom belongs would be followed mostly especially in food patterns cos she knows that the best. When both the parents are of different culture it is the responsibility of the father to teach the child his culture because he knows that the best.

Whichever custom is being followed and the partner whose custom is not being followed have no problems then who are we to take objection. It is their family and let them decide what is best for them. At least they are living happily that was ultimately matters and nobody have a right to comment that one should divorce the other. It is their life and from the looks of it they seems very happy together and so much in love. So why should they break their marriage and put the child through pain. So kindly lets not comment on those lines.. Let each one live their life their own way.

A couple may teach whichever custom or habits to the child what ultimately matters is that the child turns out to be a nice human being.

ankit_nyc thumbnail
Originally posted by: sweta01

Vindu and Diana are married to each other and what they decide to follow for their child, family it is entirely up to them. Who are we to question them why they are following a certain thing. Everyone follows what is known to them and what they are comfortable in it.

When the family is nuclear most the time what the lady of the house knows or follows, she will try and do those things only as she is running the house which is no surprise. Even when both the parents are of Indian origin but from different states, it happens that the state to which the mom belongs would be followed mostly especially in food patterns cos she knows that the best. When both the parents are of different culture it is the responsibility of the father to teach the child his culture because he knows that the best.

Whichever custom is being followed and the partner whose custom is not being followed have no problems then who are we to take objection. It is their family and let them decide what is best for them. At least they are living happily that was ultimately matters and nobody have a right to comment that one should divorce the other. It is their life and from the looks of it they seems very happy together and so much in love. So why should they break their marriage and put the child through pain. So kindly lets not comment on those lines.. Let each one live their life their own way.

A couple may teach whichever custom or habits to the child what ultimately matters is that the child turns out to be a nice human being.

😕 ummm aren't Tanaz and Bakhtiyar married as well? People are questioning their parenting skills and their marriage...........why aren't they be lectured by you?😕 
ankit_nyc thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sahana_125

ohh so children that are naughty are completely because of their parents huh.... otherwise by nature all children are calm, i could fill this post with all kinds of info to back up the fact that children can be naughty and they have a lot of pent up energy that can come out aggressively regardless of parenting, but i dont have the time or the patience.

I dont expect any culture from a three yr old, its a child for god sakes, but i do expect to see the parent teaching the child culture, the fact that dinah is teaching her daughter her side of the culture was evident enough and good for her! but i didnt see vindu teaching their daughter his side of the culture, well not in the first four days atleast.

😃 Sahana don't you know, Vindu and Dinah are raising the next Mother Theresa.........It's amazing how people can pick on a little kid by saying he is not well behaved etc.......Dinah should be locked up for making a little kid wake her up every morning........that's borderline child abuse to ask a 3 year old to wake you up every morning.....😛
Edited by ankit_nyc - 13 years ago
Originally posted by: ankit_nyc

😛 One thing was clearly visible from this week's Maa exchange, and that was how miserable Dina is being in India.......

Clearly visible  ? How is the conclusion drawn ?

.She clearly doesn't like Indian food, Indian culture, Indian language, Indian mannerisms, and above all Indian people.........

How do you know she doesnt like indian food ? Just coz she cooks Russian at home most of the time  ? She does speak good enough  hindi so there is no question of her not liking indian language. Also if she didn't like Indian people , then why would she marry Vindu ?  😳

Your post clearly puts her into wrong light. She may love russian culture more which is obvious but she doesn't really discriminate against indians as such. 

To those who say that's not true, riddle me this.....why is Dina teaching her daughter only Russian? Why is Dina only feeding her family Russian food? Why is Dina only showing her daugther Russian movies?

Not true. Her daughter knew soem hindi words including names of indian gods and indian poem. She clearly doesn't have Russian cooks at home. What is Russian food anyways ? Tanaz overhyperd whole situation about food. Why believe Tanaaz ? She herself had biker tattoos and was conversing in english. Is that Indian culture ? She didn't even wake up early accusing poor child for that reason.

She is in essence trying to convert her daugther in to a Russian, she has already succeeded in coverting Vindu in to Viplov (a common Russian name 😛).......I think Vindu is torturing Dina by keeping her in India.......Dina should be allowed to move back to Russia with her daughter and Viplov.........Vindu, I mean Viplov should be more humane and relocate to Russia at once..............

Clearly you don't like non-indians. If Dina and Vindu are happy in their own world, why should we have problems ?  Vindu's child is well mannered  and Zeuss was not .....so who failed at parenting ? Does that have to anything with culture ? If you think Bhakti is right, then do you approve him abusing/fighting in front of kid 😳

preetie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

ohh so children that are naughty are completely because of their parents huh.... otherwise by nature all children are calm, i could fill this post with all kinds of info to back up the fact that children can be naughty and they have a lot of pent up energy that can come out aggressively regardless of parenting, but i dont have the time or the patience.

I dont expect any culture from a three yr old, its a child for god sakes, but i do expect to see the parent teaching the child culture, the fact that dinah is teaching her daughter her side of the culture was evident enough and good for her! but i didnt see vindu teaching their daughter his side of the culture, well not in the first four days atleast.

okay let me rephrase my question what type of cultural lesson you expect 3 yr old should get.
Sahana_125 thumbnail

ankit, commenting on an older child is still nightmare, but 2 and half yr old? LOLLL thats a new one.... but i guess the people that want to find fault will find fault in anything

preetie, the culture a child should get is a serious topic, it will need a long essay which i dont have time for 😛 
Sahana_125 thumbnail
@sweta01, you said who are we to question how they live?

Answer: we are the viewers, and we are allowed to have our opinion on them and comment on here. we cant enforce our opinion on them but we can express them, thats what the forum is here for isnt it, to comment, and discuss. These people knew before coming on the show that they will be watched and judged by many people....
Autumnn thumbnail

@sweta01, you said who are we to question how they live?

Answer: we are the viewers, and we are allowed to have our opinion on them and comment on here. we cant enforce our opinion on them but we can express them, thats what the forum is here for isnt it, to comment, and discuss. These people knew before coming on the show that they will be watched and judged by many people....

LOL.. comment on what is shown in the show is absolutely fine.. 😳 but when someone writes they should divorce.. it is taking things to far? I meant who are we to tell a person what he or she should do with their marriage, life etc.
Autumnn thumbnail

ðŸ˜• ummm aren't Tanaz and Bakhtiyar married as well? People are questioning their parenting skills and their marriage...........why aren't they be lectured by you?😕 

Below is your opening post..... In there I do not see anything written on Bhaktiyar and Tanaaz.. I commented on the topic opening post.

LOL @ lecture.. hope you like it.... 😆 😳 jk...

Well it was not a lecture just my views as you posted yours. 😳

😛 One thing was clearly visible from this week's Maa exchange, and that was how miserable Dina is being in India........She clearly doesn't like Indian food, Indian culture, Indian language, Indian mannerisms, and above all Indian people.........To those who say that's not true, riddle me this.....why is Dina teaching her daughter only Russian? Why is Dina only feeding her family Russian food? Why is Dina only showing her daugther Russian movies? She is in essence trying to convert her daugther in to a Russian, she has already succeeded in coverting Vindu in to Viplov (a common Russian name 😛).......I think Vindu is torturing Dina by keeping her in India.......Dina should be allowed to move back to Russia with her daughter and Viplov.........Vindu, I mean Viplov should be more humane and relocate to Russia at once..............😛

Shizaru thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sweta01

Sweta my like button doesn't work when posting from my phone, if it did I would hit it a million times! At last another voice of reason along with Arjun. I felt as though I was losing the battle against blatant prejudice shown towards a non indian living happily in India...a choice she has made! Living abroad we know how hard it is to keep a balance of the culture we are born into and the country we are born in. I hope its a minority who feel she needs to go back to Russia or worse still stay in India and forget all things Russian! Her daughter is delightful a real credit to her Russian Ma and Desi Pa!!
Zeus is cute too both kids too young for ppl to be judging their behaviours so harshly!