Vindu Should be more Humane.....

ankit_nyc thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

😛 One thing was clearly visible from this week's Maa exchange, and that was how miserable Dina is being in India........She clearly doesn't like Indian food, Indian culture, Indian language, Indian mannerisms, and above all Indian people.........To those who say that's not true, riddle me this.....why is Dina teaching her daughter only Russian? Why is Dina only feeding her family Russian food? Why is Dina only showing her daugther Russian movies? She is in essence trying to convert her daugther in to a Russian, she has already succeeded in coverting Vindu in to Viplov (a common Russian name 😛).......I think Vindu is torturing Dina by keeping her in India.......Dina should be allowed to move back to Russia with her daughter and Viplov.........Vindu, I mean Viplov should be more humane and relocate to Russia at once..............😛

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hppppp thumbnail
I have seen many NRI parents, really focus  on teaching their kids Indian language, Indian values, Indian food.....infact the amount of pain Indian people abroad, take to teach their culture to their kids is much more than people in India do............the reason is, being in another country--the kid will anyways pick up the language, culture, food habits from his environment and his friends.....but will not be able to learn his original language, food habits too...

Dina is also a parent to the kid.....who is trying to teach the child something about where she comes from......so what's wrong in it?..The way Indians abroad teach their lifestyles to their children, same way foreigners, who are living in India...teach something about their culture to their kids...after all she is the mother of the child....she might be wanting that the child is not completely cut off from Dina's own roots and parents and relatives....

should the Indians who are living abroad....but following their own culture be turned away from the respective countries they are living in...just because they are still connected to their roots?? Same way foreigners who are living in India...should be allowed to practice their own culture too.......

I appreciate Vindu, for being so accommodating towards his wife's needs and respecting her roots.........shows what an awesome guy he is!....And the wife too, is reciprocating by living with him and his family......trying to communicate in the local language....that is adjustment-which is the root of real marriage..!!...Awesome couple!!

Sahana_125 thumbnail
Hima, big difference between the two. The NRI families living abroad usually have BOTH parents from the same indian origin, so essentially they have common values and it is an indian family that is trying to hold onto their values, not one person. In a family where both parents belong to different cultures, both cultures should be adopted, instead of one dominating as we are seeing here. if Dinah is so adamant about following her culture, her values then maybe she should have thought twice before marrying an indian guy. I live in canada and frankly i get downright angry if someone that lives here starts insulting or looking down upon the cultures and values over here.

Secondly, i dont think dinah is such a good role model for her daughter as far as values and culture go, she swears, is manipulative and lazy! her daughter wakes up first and then comes and wakes her up.... and they have a full time nanny, so i do wonder how much of the actual taking care of her child she does.

P.S. ankit you really love opening up a can of worms dont you hehe.... 😛
preetie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: hima_123

I have seen many NRI parents, really focus  on teaching their kids Indian language, Indian values, Indian food.....infact the amount of pain Indian people abroad, take to teach their culture to their kids is much more than people in India do............the reason is, being in another country--the kid will anyways pick up the language, culture, food habits from his environment and his friends.....but will not be able to learn his original language, food habits too...

Dina is also a parent to the kid.....who is trying to teach the child something about where she comes from......so what's wrong in it?..The way Indians abroad teach their lifestyles to their children, same way foreigners, who are living in India...teach something about their culture to their kids...after all she is the mother of the child....she might be wanting that the child is not completely cut off from Dina's own roots and parents and relatives....

should the Indians who are living abroad....but following their own culture be turned away from the respective countries they are living in...just because they are still connected to their roots?? Same way foreigners who are living in India...should be allowed to practice their own culture too.......

I appreciate Vindu, for being so accommodating towards his wife's needs and respecting her roots.........shows what an awesome guy he is!....And the wife too, is reciprocating by living with him and his family......trying to communicate in the local language....that is adjustment-which is the root of real marriage..!!...Awesome couple!!

thanks for sensible post. Not all indian couples are both indians. My cousin is born and raised in canada and got married to canadian. Guess what it was pure indian wedding. Her husband had no problem with it because he is accepting and respectful. It is pathetic make reference to russian or indian. If kid is living in India then she is going pick up on Indian culture on her own.
preetie thumbnail
sorry meant not all couples are both indians. just a correction
Sahana_125 thumbnail
I believe when hima was referring to NRI families keeping their culture alive, she meants families that moved there, not families that started abroad like your cousin's who started her family in canada after moving there. Having a wedding of one culture and living your entire life in one culture are two vastly different things, a wedding is one event.

Second, not all kids living in india pick up on indian culture, a lot of children belonging to elite families dont, so saying obviously the children will learn indian culture doesnt make it so, culture needs to be taught by parents regardless of where you live.
preetie thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sahana_125

I believe when hima was referring to NRI families keeping their culture alive, she meants families that moved there, not families that started abroad like your cousin's who started her family in canada after moving there. Having a wedding of one culture and living your entire life in one culture are two vastly different things, a wedding is one event.

Second, not all kids living in india pick up on indian culture, a lot of children belonging to elite families dont, so saying obviously the children will learn indian culture doesnt make it so, culture needs to be taught by parents regardless of where you live.

Okay so not all kids living in india pick on indian culture. so why be so hard on Dina. Bottomline is it doesn't matter. russian or indian shouldn't matter. Problem should be if kid spoiled, misbehaves that you should criticize the mother. Look at tanaz's kid. I am sure he has been getting some culture doses on regular basis. I am sure that was very mature behavior on bhakityar to dance like a joker when dina left along with this son. Kid is nightmare in comparison to amelia. So please stop bashing a mother who wants her kid to know half of her heritage.
Sahana_125 thumbnail
Originally posted by: preetie

Okay so not all kids living in india pick on indian culture. so why be so hard on Dina. Bottomline is it doesn't matter. russian or indian shouldn't matter. Problem should be if kid spoiled, misbehaves that you should criticize the mother. Look at tanaz's kid. I am sure he has been getting some culture doses on regular basis. I am sure that was very mature behavior on bhakityar to dance like a joker when dina left along with this son. Kid is nightmare in comparison to amelia. So please stop bashing a mother who wants her kid to know half of her heritage.

am not picking on dinah exclusively, i think ALL kids in india and abroad should know their culture. now by culture i dont mean they should believe and follow outdated and unfair practices, but they should have knowledge of all of it. She should by all means make an effort to teach her child russian, but her and her husband should both make a joint effort to show their child both sides of the coin.

As for bakhtiyaar dancing, i think we all know that it was for the camera, because his son is 2 and a half so he hardly knows wat his dad is saying or why he is dancing... kid is a nightmare? he is a boy and she is a girl, i dont mean all boys but many boys do have a lot more energy than girls and they are more naughty and aggressive by nature. dont tell me all 2 and half yr old boys you have seen are calm, angelic and perfect on manners.

preetie thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sahana_125

am not picking on dinah exclusively, i think ALL kids in india and abroad should know their culture. now by culture i dont mean they should believe and follow outdated and unfair practices, but they should have knowledge of all of it. She should by all means make an effort to teach her child russian, but her and her husband should both make a joint effort to show their child both sides of the coin.

As for bakhtiyaar dancing, i think we all know that it was for the camera, because his son is 2 and a half so he hardly knows wat his dad is saying or why he is dancing... kid is a nightmare? he is a boy and she is a girl, i dont mean all boys but many boys do have a lot more energy than girls and they are more naughty and aggressive by nature. dont tell me all 2 and half yr old boys you have seen are calm, angelic and perfect on manners.

kid and aggressive???? ok that is news to me. That depends on parenting.

Explain this culture you are refering to. What would do expect from three year old in terms of culture? 
Sahana_125 thumbnail
Originally posted by: preetie

kid and aggressive???? ok that is news to me. That depends on parenting.

Explain this culture you are refering to. What would do expect from three year old in terms of culture? 

ohh so children that are naughty are completely because of their parents huh.... otherwise by nature all children are calm, i could fill this post with all kinds of info to back up the fact that children can be naughty and they have a lot of pent up energy that can come out aggressively regardless of parenting, but i dont have the time or the patience.

I dont expect any culture from a three yr old, its a child for god sakes, but i do expect to see the parent teaching the child culture, the fact that dinah is teaching her daughter her side of the culture was evident enough and good for her! but i didnt see vindu teaching their daughter his side of the culture, well not in the first four days atleast.