•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago
 Hi friends,

Geet has been the first serial i have watched with craze....I started watching Geet from Kurbaan hua episode. The chemistry between the leads were too good which got hooked to it.I generally was never afan of star one serials...serials with doctors romancing and doing nothing in their profession did not work for me....But Geet had very good balance. The story revolved around two characters Maan and Geet and their personalities and characters were well etched in all sides: professional, personal, their policies, beliefs.....I started watching regularly after kurbaan hua, and thanks to you tube saw all the previous episodes and fell in total love with the serial...the serial had a strong point and the transformation of geet a simple naive innocent girl in Punjab too a mature stronger girl in Delhi was gorgeous.....maan's character was equally intriguing...he was the perfect dream man...handsome, rich, powerful, good natured, short tempered quite man. ...

The initial stages when Maan develops feelings for Geet and fights against it, hurting Geet was so well acted..........The helplessness and the misery Geet feels when she realises she is in love with maan was also Good. Both of them have expressed their love in every way except in words.......Maan wanted Geet to confess and Geet wanted to run away becoz of her own state...........to add to this the man who fake married her and made her pregnant was Maan's own brother and both were unaware of the truth.....What else do you need for a perfect drama.......

Then we had the first revelation...Geet's pregnancy...The story sailed through.

Second revelation........Dev is the culprit..........though the initial episodes of  Geet's strugglemakes us want Dev to recieve stronger reactions from Maan even then the story sailed through....

Dev and NT were in jail....so all the truth was in open. My worry began...with the main trump card played what will they do???

Then came the first misunderstanding where Geet blamed Maan. Though many fans disliked the turn I liked it....The track bought the devil out in Maan and made him realise at the end how insane he has behaved. It made the leads bring out some extreme personalities.

Then we had the patch up and courtship scenes with NT hatching evil plans. Thanks to SBS any suspense the CVs tried to create was lost...like one of the fans mentioned the whole episode was more or less given away in each SBS segment.....the leads had rock solid chemistry...so chalo fans still liked it.

the unexplained, unaccounted entry of anvesha.....fans hated her and her silly tantrums. she was bearable for sometime becoz of the family aspect it gave to Maan and she became atorture after Arjun's entry.....nothing other than her hormones can be accounted for her falling in love with Arjun. fans had a lot of expectation from arjun. he was mysterious and interesting....but then we realised that he had no tricks under his sleeve....till today he talks about revenge but has been successful in nothing other than sleeping with annie.

then our dear Brij made entry and tried to kill Geet. she reached hospital. maan had to choose geet or baby...it wasvery ridiculous...no one knew how long geet was pregnant. she had arock solid pregnancy, with all the tripping, falling flat with stomach hitting the floor the baby was pretty safe. 5 minutes more in a hot sauna made her situation bad. well we forgave it becoz of the amazing acting by the leads.

then the marriage started/ it was dreamy and nice in the beginning with all rasama...but slowly their were many twists brought in. Naintara's attack, arjun turning evil, brij's attack, darji's entrance.....the track was so stretched that i was waiting for the wedding to get over.

how much ever i love the serial.....it should have ended here with arjun realising his mistake and marrying annie with a smiling family photo...

after the wedding nothing in the show makes sense.

you cannot improve rotten food....fans already hated annie-arjun track. just bringing a lot of cameos will not make them bearable.

geet can jump and run...but CON will affect her pregnancy....Maan and Geet meet with an accident. Maan is injured dangerously but geet the one driving and going through risky pregnancy is safe....how ridiculous can they show pregnancy as.

how is dev outside...how did he end up in shimla.....and Maan who was supposed to fight for justice did not care.

now the baby track.....we don't know how many months the baby is. geet has the flattest tummy...runs around with risky pregnancy....Maan talks, breathes, walks baby......

cVs could bring amazing twist by bringing in a Dev- Geet- Maan baby triangle......dev should develop feeling for baby and Maan should feel insecure......but i don'tthink they will do anything of that.................

even sugary romantic stories needs to make sense.

i can see the story i loved being killed slowly every day in front of my eyes...good looks, acting, chemistry alone cannot carry a story...you need a plot that make atleast a litlle sense.

i think the death of GHSP has began....today I watch it out of habit than passion. I still hope it will get back the lost glory...but I am scared that i will cheat myself.............................