Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Rashmi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: ranjnanarang

@  bangalores lovely post indeed I remember the time I had my baby my pregnancy was slightly difficult with some health issue due to an unexpected change in the town of my stay. 

However the labour I had was very smooth and easy the delivery was very smooth and had no trouble what so ever and I was shit scared of a normal one but managed beautifully thanks to my doc she is awesome. 

Now coming to cravings part I troubles my husband a lot during those days I remeber waking him up in the middle of the night asking for wierd stuff and the worse was that I couldnt sleep thanks to the cravings I would keep dreaming of those things. yesterday during the episode too my husband started laughing he asked me if I remembered the way I harassed cos I wanted to have bhel puri at 2 in the morning and I practically started howling since there was no way I would get it poor thing went out in the middle of the night to arrange for it but alas couldnt manage then next day he bought atleast 5 packs of the instant mix and I eventually threw them out after they got spoiled cos I hever felt like having it again after that night. 

There are so many such times when we went around driving around the town just to have some thele wala icecream or some paanu puri I wanted to eat at odd hours however being in a new place didnt help at all infact I use to expecially ask for the paani puri I use to have regularly in Delhi and he use to get irritated telling me "ab us golgappe wale ko kahan se pakad ke laaoon yahan" now when I look back and think about those times I laugh but those moments use to be serious that time with me breaking down if I didnt get the stuff I wanted to eat at that time. 
and my preplexed husband use to be amazed at the fact that I am crying for food where I could otherwise adjust to any cuisine and food very well.

But I disagree with one thing as I dont remember any pain and the time I spent staying awake cos I always enjoyed it even if I had to get up for midnight feeding I use to forget about not aleeping whenever I saw my boys satiated face.

About my hubby being there and getting up with me he use to at times but at times he use to be too tired to be involved had no complaints however 

luved ur story !😛
---nishu--- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: maan-and-geet

by the way whoever said that labor during the second child is easier.... i would like to have few words with them 😡

me too
tell me who said that
---nishu--- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: bangalores

i did remember the pain especially when my second one was due!  thankfully my pain didn't take too many hours!!
and i used to have bread butter jam at night...that happened while i was at my mayka..my pappa used to keep it ready for me before he went to sleep!! 😃

by the way i have two sons10 yrs nd 5 resp...can't bring myself to attempt for a girl though many have pointed out the merits of having a daughter!!

i m lucky
as i have a daughter 7 yrs and son 5yrs resp...
delhigirl thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: 9n9i9s9h9u9

yesssssssssssss

all pain (specially labour pain) are gone with having your child in your hands

but one thing more during my two pregnancy i neverwake up in night to eat  AALO KI TIKKI🤣

Me too,never to eat. always woke up due to wrist pain (because of carpel tunnel problem during pregnancy) and back pain.

I forgot all my pains after my older daughter was born. She would sleep 12 hours every night. it was fun. My younger one would wake up at night but she is the cutest thing on earth despite that.

She is now 5 and when I say what will I do when I am old, she says she will take care of me.
serendipity2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I didn't even know i was pregnant until the 5 month😆. Too busy enjoying married life. The best part was i felt i had been pregnant for only 4 months...was lucky had a short labour and my son was born.

I never went off any foods or had morning sickness for any of my pregnancies. but had cravings for...sand!...yes you read right sand. My mum got me some sandy soil that i could eat...i carried it everywhere with me...hubby thought i was crazy but he use to keep some with him that i didn't know about just in case i wanted it....he knew how cranky i could get if i didn't get any.😆 We laugh about it now and he says to my son...you know your mum ate sand when she was expecting you.

Daughter's turn i turned in to a baby elephant...all i ate was gajar halwa and paratas😆.

Yes when i had my baby in my arms, i started planning when am i going to have my next one.....that feeling wears off after a few weeks😆
Edited by HIPHOP50 - 13 years ago
ranjnanarang thumbnail
@lovelygeet24x7 thanks a lot but i enjoyed my time throughly and still enjoying with my little fella 
maneet2me thumbnail
I have 2 kids.  When i was expecting my first one, i did everything carefully...attended lamaze classes with my husband..was very careful with what i are so that i did  not put on too much weight.   But when you are going thru those labour pains u forget all that u learned in the lamaze classes on breathing etc.....your first reaction is...never again am i having a baby....but when u feel the baby coming out and when u hold it in your arms u forget all the pain.

With the second one, i hardly had time to think about myself..coz u have a child in the house who needs your attention.  But labour pain with second child is definitely more but the duration is shorter.

But the feeling u go thru when giving birth to the first one is truly unforgettable...my POV
Duttamann80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I love every min apart from the labour xxx
serendipity2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Something i would advice for expecting and new mums is breastfeed your baby. I only breastfed my children and then at 1 year they moved to fresh milk in cups...never had formula milk...Breastfeeding helped get my figure back and it was so convenient. 
meravigiliso thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
enjoyed reading  all your experiences .luved it . my pregnancy was not smooth one . my first pregnancy was distarorous . i  had missed abortion in sixth month of my pregnancy . its god grace i was saved at right time . so, second pregnancy was much in fear added to my hubby transfer and i was in bed rest .i spent my first and second trimester with my mom .only one month i spent with my hubby . most of my time was gone in bed reading lot of books ,sleep deprivation .my delivery was also in C section with low weight baby son . post pregnancy  was also  tough with recurrent health problem of my son . i spent whole six yrs apart from  pregnancy time sleepless .but today when i see my healthy hale child smiling at  me.and my hubby forget all pain ,sleeplesstime ,tough time we had spent with him. my husband was pillar of support in crucial period and believe in saying"this time also shall pass".so, my preggy  time was not smooth ride ,not enjoyed any foodcravings ,husband attention yes but today i am more content wheni go to past & remember all those incidents.however,my parents were supportive and took lot of care . Edited by acjanfeb1 - 13 years ago