Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
STAR MEMBER SYNOPSIS: ISMAIL aka Sanroy

ISMAIL was our ninth star week member on the hot seat from
February 25th 2011 (I.S.T) to 4th March, 2011 (U.S. Time)

ISMAIL on hot seat.. was not really grilled properly... 😛 because of many reasons one being he himself was not active in later part of his HS because of his exams which is understandable. Ismail has yet not completed some of his HS questions but now it is high time that I write this synopsis so please take Ismail HS completed. He is let off with remaining questions... 😛

Though ISMAIL did gave answers to many questions and his answers were witty, fun to read and honest. His captions to the pictures were The Best!!! Still cannot stop laughing on it whenever think or read them. 😛 😆😆😆

ISMAIL had thought he will be boring in his answers but ISMAIL you were NOT boring at all.. You were terrific... 👍🏼

ISMAIL you have a terrific sense of humour... ⭐️⭐️⭐️ .. treasure it!!! 😳

Thanks for all the laughs ISMAIL in this hot seat and beyond. 👍🏼 😆😆

ISMAIL.. it was super duper fun and enjoyable to have you on the hot seat. ISMAIL, I hope you enjoyed the hot seat as much as we all did. 😃

ISMAIL.. ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR FUTURE ENDEAVORS 😊

@ all.. please give your views too on Ismail hot seat.. every star week member deserves it. Thanks.

Ismail HS answers.. [though not all are there I think but most of them are definately there.. :)]

CC 52

Pages

26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 41, 43, 46, 47, 49, 50,
55, 56, 61, 63,

Cheers!!!
Sweta
Autumnn thumbnail
Dunno why but while sending out PM for synopsis.. clicking members names in the pm box.. I suddenly feel so sad...  Last HS Synopsis and more so cos What was once this CC and now what has it become.. Sigh!
Ishan. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Sweta just for this page !! 😛 And dont worry I am always here to chat in this CC and I am sure everyone will be back here to join us in the CC ! 😳
RagMasta thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: sweta01

Dunno why but while sending out PM for synopsis.. clicking members names in the pm box.. I suddenly feel so sad...  Last HS Synopsis and more so cos What was once this CC and now what has it become.. Sigh!

Aww theres no one left?😲
Autumnn thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ishan.

Sweta just for this page !! 😛 And dont worry I am always here to chat in this CC and I am sure everyone will be back here to join us in the CC ! 😳

lol yeah you never come to this CC... *shakes head* well if you say so... 😛 I believe you.. hope you and others too come back to this CC very soon!!! 😛
Autumnn thumbnail
Originally posted by: raju786

Aww theres no one left?😲

No one left where Raju in CC or for HS?  😛 I guess you are asking for HS.. 😉 yeah.. nobody left.. atleast who all wanted to do HS.. did it.. except Bugsy.. when she will come and when she will be on HS.. only god knows...!!! MB said she do not want to take part on HS. Arjun is gayab.. so yeah.. nobody left for HS... 😳

We need to complete this CC today!!! 😃

Ishan make new one... CC 54 🥳

Edited by sweta01 - 12 years ago
Autumnn thumbnail

Being Kicked Out of Your Comfort Zone

The birth of a baby giraffe is quite an earth-shaking event. The baby falls from its mother's womb, some eight feet above the ground. It shrivels up and lies still, too weak to move.

The mother giraffe lovingly lowers her neck to kiss the baby giraffe. And then something incredible happens. She lifts her long leg and kicks the baby giraffe, sending it flying up in the air and tumbling down on the ground.

As the baby lies curled up, the mother kicks the baby again and again, until the baby giraffe, still trembling and tired, pushes its limbs and for the first time learns to stand on its feet. Happy to see the baby standing on its own feet, the mother giraffe comes over and gives it yet another kick. The baby giraffe falls one more time, but now quickly recovers and stands up. Mama Giraffe is delighted. She knows that her baby has learnt an important lesson:

Never mind how hard you fall, always remember to pick yourself up and get back on your feet.

Why does the mother giraffe do this?

She knows that lions and leopards love giraffe meat.

So unless the baby giraffe quickly learns to stand and run with the pack, it will have no chance of survival.

Most of us though are not quite as lucky as baby giraffes. No one teaches us to stand up every time we fall. When we fail, when we are down, we just give up.

No one kicks us out of our comfort zone to remind us that to survive and succeed, we need to learn to get back on our feet.

If you study the lives of successful people though, you will see a recurring pattern.

Were they always successful in all they did?
No.

Did success come to them quick and easy?
No, You will find that the common streak running through their lives is their ability to stand up every time they fall. The ability of the baby giraffe!

*The road to success is never an easy one.
*There are obstacles, and you are bound to fall sooner or later.
*You will hit a road block, you will taste failure.
*But success lies in being able to get up every time you fall.
*That is a critical life skill.
*And it is the habit of all successful people.

RagMasta thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: sweta01

No one left where Raju in CC or for HS?  😛 I guess you are asking for HS.. 😉 yeah.. nobody left.. atleast who all wanted to do HS.. did it.. except Bugsy.. when she will come and when she will be on HS.. only god knows...!!! MB said she do not want to take part on HS. Arjun is gayab.. so yeah.. nobody left for HS... 😳

We need to complete this CC today!!! 😃

Ishan make new one... CC 54 🥳

Oh okay😆, i was asking abt the HS, yeah i was waiting for Arjuns HS, maybe if he comes back😆

Ooo @the article, seems interesting..will read soon
Autumnn thumbnail
Originally posted by: raju786

Oh okay😆, i was asking abt the HS, yeah i was waiting for Arjuns HS, maybe if he comes back😆

Ooo @the article, seems interesting..will read soon

Yeah.. as and when Arjun will be back he will defo sit on the HS... 😛 😆 Guess thats why he ran away as he dont want to sit on HS... 😉 Nahhh just kidding... 😆 😳

Yeah.. it is interesting.. when time do read it... 😃

Posting another one in next post.. 😊 will surely complete this CC today... 😉

Autumnn thumbnail

Read this in DM...

A Cab Ride:

A cab ride:

I arrived at the address and honked the horn. After waiting a few minutes I walked to the door and knocked. 'Just a minute', answered a frail, elderly voice. I could hear something being dragged across the floor. After a long pause, the door opened. A small woman in her 90's stood before me. She was wearing a print dress and a pillbox hat with a veil pinned on it, like somebody out of a 1940's movie.

By her side was a small nylon suitcase. The apartment looked as if no one had lived in it for years. All the furniture was covered with sheets. There were no clocks on the walls, no knickknacks or utensils on the counters. In the corner was a cardboard box filled with photos and glassware.
'Would you carry my bag out to the car?' she said. I took the suitcase to the cab, and then returned to assist the woman.
She took my arm and we walked slowly toward the curb...She kept thanking me for my kindness. 'It's nothing', I told her. 'I just try to treat my passengers the way I would want my mother treated'.
'Oh, you're such a good boy', she said. When we got in the cab, she gave me an address and then asked, 'Could you drive through downtown?'
'It's not the shortest way,' I answered quickly.
'Oh, I don't mind,' she said. 'I'm in no hurry. I'm on my way to a hospice'.
I looked in the rear-view mirror. Her eyes were glistening 'I don't have any family left,' she continued in soft voice. 'The doctor says I don't have very long.' I quietly reached over and shut off the meter.
'What route would you like me to take?' I asked.
For the next two hours, we drove through the city. She showed me the building where she had once worked as an elevator operator.
We drove through the neighbourhood where she and her husband had lived when they were newlyweds. She had me pull up in front of a furniture warehouse that had once been a ballroom where she had gone dancing as a girl.
Sometimes she'd ask me to slow in front of a particular building or corner and would sit staring into the darkness, saying nothing.

As the first hint of sun was creasing the horizon, she suddenly said, 'I'm tired. Let's go now'.
We drove in silence to the address she had given me. It was a low building, like a small convalescent home, with a driveway that passed under a portico.
Two orderlies came out to the cab as soon as we pulled up. They were solicitous and intent, watching her every move. They must have been expecting her.
I opened the trunk and took the small suitcase to the door. The woman was already seated in a wheelchair.
'How much do I owe you?' She asked, reaching into her purse.
'Nothing,' I said. 'You have to make a living,' she answered. 'There are other passengers,' I responded.

Almost without thinking, I bent and gave her a hug. She held onto me tightly. 'You gave an old woman a little moment of joy,' she said. 'Thank you.' I squeezed her hand, and they walked into the dim morning light. Behind me, a door shut. It was the sound of the closing of a life.

I didn't pick up any more passengers that shift. I drove aimlessly lost in thought. For the rest of that day, I could hardly talk. What if that woman had gotten an angry driver, or one who was impatient to end his shift? What if I had refused to take the run, or had honked once, then driven away?

On a quick review, I don't think that I have done anything more important in my life.
We're conditioned to think that our lives revolve around great moments. But great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.

PEOPLE MAY NOT REMEMBER EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID OR WHAT YOU SAID ~BUT~THEY ALWAYS REMEMBER HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL.