"PurZor Virodh Karthe Hain"

walquest2000 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Colors Channel, claims at the opening of the Serial, with a statement that they show this serial, to show crimes against women, and that they strongly oppose these.

Then comes episode after episode, showing in glowing terms, how the Great Woman of the show, puts them down unopposed, helped by the women, within the show, helped by the men within the show, by the police force, by the politician, and by the society as a whole.

The TRP shows them that people are viewing the show, and that incites them to show more atrocities, after atrocities.   Is this a pointer that the Indian Viewer is a woman hater.?    Is Colors channel a woman hater ?  Do they make a profit out of this phenomenon.  Among the commentators in this Forum, who is raising their voice in defense of women?    Many of the members are young women.  Are they not getting offended?

In Egypt, a Facebook entry galvanized people to topple their President.   Can the women of India topple this attitude within our society? Edited by walquest2000 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Good post Walquest. But since the shows gives the Channel the much-needed TRPs to go ahead, I guess the Channel will go on about their business, women be damned. And that disclaimer is just an eyewash.

PemaKarpo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Sir,

Since something similar has happened in the past, I don't think it will be repeated. I don't think the CVs are so stupid. Or are they?

As far as the 'young women' raising their voice is concerned, I 'm not sure why we should find something in reel life offensive when we have been tolerating all this in real life and have turned a blind eye to it.

There are so many day-to-day instances which would or should make a woman a fume, but who does what about it?

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who turns a blind eye to such things. All we people want to do is find someone to blame it on. The may show something positive, but will that turn the society positive? We only want to sit in front of the television and curse the CVs, the PH, the CH and not to mention the government. But WE will not do anything about it. Atrocities happen everyday under our noses, but we don't do anything about it because that is not our job. We don't want to invest time or money on such things. When I write this, I'm thinking of a woman in Delhi who died on the foot paths during child birth. All that was needed was for someone to admit her into a hospital. But no one did that and Delhi just passed by the woman as if nothing has happened. We will not take any action but we will curse the CVs for showing tripe and call ourselves very positive people and wait for a Sia or an Anandi to change our society.

PS- I have used the term 'we' just to represent the society. Not a personal target on anyone.

walquest2000 thumbnail

Originally posted by: laado_007

Sir,

Since something similar has happened in the past, I don't think it will be repeated. I don't think the CVs are so stupid. Or are they?

As far as the 'young women' raising their voice is concerned, I 'm not sure why we should find something in reel life offensive when we have been tolerating all this in real life and have turned a blind eye to it.

There are so many day-to-day instances which would or should make a woman a fume, but who does what about it?

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who turns a blind eye to such things. All we people want to do is find someone to blame it on. The may show something positive, but will that turn the society positive? We only want to sit in front of the television and curse the CVs, the PH, the CH and not to mention the government. But WE will not do anything about it. Atrocities happen everyday under our noses, but we don't do anything about it because that is not our job. We don't want to invest time or money on such things. When I write this, I'm thinking of a woman in Delhi who died on the foot paths during child birth. All that was needed was for someone to admit her into a hospital. But no one did that and Delhi just passed by the woman as if nothing has happened. We will not take any action but we will curse the CVs for showing tripe and call ourselves very positive people and wait for a Sia or an Anandi to change our society.

PS- I have used the term 'we' just to represent the society. Not a personal target on anyone.

I had a similar situation in 1987 when I saw a hospital nurse lying unconscious on the foot path, possibly a victim of a rape, and I tried to go the the closest hospital with my little child, who was then 5 years old, and told the outpatient ward, and they told the Chief officer was not present, and to go to the police in the hospital, and when I went to the police, he told me to dial 100 and it was just ringing, and no one took  action.  It is really a pity.   People are afraid to interfere, as the police pounce on the person who has reported the situation,  but they say now the person informing will not be held responsible, but we do not know the lower down police are aware of it.

But I still believe, a debate in the Forum voicing the opinions  and ways of solving it might be helpful.     Without casting a stone on any one part of the society, if we could galvanize the people, it would be a great thing.   All we have to do, is voice our concern on every available Forum, and this will shake up the lethargy, and slowly the lurkers will come out.
Edited by walquest2000 - 13 years ago
walquest2000 thumbnail
The feeling of helplessness

Every thing in society is a tug of war, between the haves and have nots.  Between the rich trying to keep their assets and the poor resisting deprivation.   Na Aana is a good show which projects this disparity.    The intention is that the public react and oppose the status quo.   But the public is already a deprived class, as was shown in Egypt.  A sudden impulse, and a long tolerant nation, lost its patience and acted.   This perhaps is God sent, and we hope and pray that He will have pity on the downtrodden women of our Country, and will give voice to the voiceless.
PemaKarpo thumbnail
I agree with you, Sir,
As I said, some people do do it, but not all. I have seen such atrocities right under my nose when no one did anything. That is what made me speak up. By and large, I'm really not aware of any body whom I know, who does anything big for the society. Most of them are sadly but back seat drivers. There are healthy people who don't even want to donate blood and if asked for the reason, they come up with something as lame as- I'm scared of injections. 90% don't do anything and the 10% who do are discouraged. Sad!
walquest2000 thumbnail

I agree with you, Sir,

As I said, some people do do it, but not all. I have seen such atrocities right under my nose when no one did anything. That is what made me speak up. By and large, I'm really not aware of any body whom I know, who does anything big for the society. Most of them are sadly but back seat drivers. There are healthy people who don't even want to donate blood and if asked for the reason, they come up with something as lame as- I'm scared of injections. 90% don't do anything and the 10% who do are discouraged. Sad!

Harsha, you may call me Walter, and this is just the beginning.  We do not know where this thread will lead, but if it sets the ball rolling, you and I would be happy.  I have not seen things with my own eyes, as I grew in a peaceful era, and now I hear it in news. But I do not like what I hear, and would not like it to happen to my children.  But those victims too are some one else's children and their parents must be grieving. 

In order for the Serial to be a force for good, and give a chance for the Channel to prove their point, we could help them with suggestions.   Perhaps the Creative Teams will take notice.

Some one said, Amba will be going soon.   I would suggest, till then, let Amba come in as a force for change, get Jaanvi her rightful place in the house, keep her mother under the leash.   Let Jaanvi, the bubbly character that she is keep humor in the house, where now there is only gloom.   Bring out Aftar and Karan as forces for change, and give them more voice and be able to be voices of reason.    Let Ammagji gradually change in her attitude while keeping her house together, which is her main goal.  Now she is trying to do by fear, let her learn to do it by love.

Allow Dia to blossom, and let Ammaji see the sense in allowing a person like Shaurya into their house.  Is it not better to have a decent person that vagabonds which have been hovering there so far?    Is it difficult for a bright woman like Ammaji to understand i?    Then there will be force and counter force, balancing the act and there will be movement forward to the better.  Adi is educated, and he can chip in for positive change, once his depression has been treated.  Let his wife Ragini get a boost from Jaanvi, and her light hearted view of life.   Let her brighten up Ammaji too, who is always under tension to hold the pieces together.  Her grand daughters won a price for team work, why not she use their talents to set her house in order.

Let Joginder start to smile, as he sees change, and accept Karan as his responsibility.  Let Santhosh get a new life.   Where is Sheila?   I miss her.

Hopefully, other members of our Forum can come out with other script ideas, and hopefully, some of the Creative Team may have a look at this thread and get an idea, and all of us will be winners.  We will not have to gripe, and they can have their TRPs.   When Amba was there long ago, it was the best time in the life of this Serial.
PemaKarpo thumbnail
I agree with you, I would be more than happy to see Ammaji changing for the good and for good! And I also agree with you that when Amba was a part of NAIDL for the firts time, it was the best soap ever! I started watching only for her and continued to watch it even after her exit with a hope that they would bring her back.

This is not the first time a thread like this has been started. I love your suggestions and wish the CVs read them and incorporate them in the soap. The whole point is, Amba is too strong a character who will never give up and with her around, not even Ammaji can open her mouth. So it's kind of difficult to have such strong characters around permenantly. But I do wish they make good use of the character when the actor is around!
walquest2000 thumbnail

I agree with you, I would be more than happy to see Ammaji changing for the good and for good! And I also agree with you that when Amba was a part of NAIDL for the firts time, it was the best soap ever! I started watching only for her and continued to watch it even after her exit with a hope that they would bring her back.

This is not the first time a thread like this has been started. I love your suggestions and wish the CVs read them and incorporate them in the soap. The whole point is, Amba is too strong a character who will never give up and with her around, not even Ammaji can open her mouth. So it's kind of difficult to have such strong characters around permenantly. But I do wish they make good use of the character when the actor is around!

The point is Amba's character has not seen a new day, but only in glimpses. It is not fair for the actress, to wait indefinitely, for a good role.  If they can't give it, they can use the character as a "remote control" through the character of Jaanvi, and thus keep the threat alive on Ammaji's character.   The poor actresses will have to bear the  brunt of these changes, and hopefully the Creatives can do the tight rope walk, keeping all happy, i.e. the actors, and the viewers.
PemaKarpo thumbnail
You should be a part of the CVs, you know😛 Love your ideas😃 I'll be the last person to complain if they show more of Amba😆 Apparently, the actress had made it quite clear that she'll be avaiable only for a short while. The CVs wanted some strong characters to be there post leap and so she agreed to oblige😊 Edited by laado_007 - 13 years ago