Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-purnima- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: waniya_fatima

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Dr. Aamir busy playing dandiya in Ahemdabad πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†... hope this time his dandiya doesn't break πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

πŸ˜†

ROFL... dont remind me that incident again...🀣
[/QUOTE]

πŸ˜† πŸ˜†... poor boy πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†... we are ready to play garba with without dandiya 😍

πŸ˜†
waniya_fatima thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -purnima-

ROFL... dont remind me that incident again...🀣

πŸ˜† πŸ˜†... poor boy πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†... we are ready to play garba with without dandiya 😍

πŸ˜†

with our fingers hoping around πŸ˜†

RT i need to go now... see ya tomorrow muahhh and hugs jana
Edited by waniya_fatima - 12 years ago
Illumination thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Mumbai, Oct 4 (IBNS) Trust directors who make sure that actors get into their respective characters. And debutante director Neerav Ghosh is not to be left behind. 

Neerav who's directorial debut film Soundtrack which releases on 7th October made sure that his lead star Rajeev Khandelwal visited several nightclubs in Bangkok to get his act right as he plays a popular DJ and musician in the film.

Although Rajeev did undergo a four week DJ training workshop in Mumbai, Neerav feels that DJ's in Bangkok are showmen and entertainers in their own right. 

The core idea was to get an understanding of how to engage audience with just the music when there are more avenues of entertainment.

"When I visited Bangkok for recce I was quit blown away by the distinct and happening nightlife in Bangkok. I wanted Rajeev's character to be completely wacky and insisted that he must visit these clubs in order to get the act right." said director Neerav Ghosh.

"We do have lot of clubs in Mumbai and renowned DJ's in India too but Bangkok which is known for its nightlife was the best reference we could get," said Ghosh.

Rajeev said, "Bangkok's nightlife has a reputation of being wild and rowdy so I was initially extremely skeptical when Neerav asked me to visit these night clubs to get a feeler. When we finally got to visiting one, I was taken aback by Bangkok's lust-driven dens of sin. 

"It was only on Neerav's insistence that I finally agreed to recce night clubs to meet the DJ's there and learn about their mannerisms. I experienced the loud levels of music DJs are exposed to all the time. The learning was phenomenal I realized there is so much more to learn than just put on earplugs to be a DJ. " 

Soundtrack is an edgy, modern day portrayal of India's most prolific musician and DJ played by Rajeev Khandelwal. 

It traces his alcohol, drug and sex fuelled meteoric rise, as he battles his internal demons and a damaging handicap. the film also stars Soha Ali Khan and Mrinalini Sharma.

Rajeev Khandelwal visits Bangkok nightclubs

Edited by OliveySOftheart - 12 years ago
Surya.Ravi thumbnail

Force has a forceful start. Other releases dull

TNN | Oct 4, 2011, 01.16PM IST

From the five releases of this week, John Abraham's 'Force' was the only film to get a decent start. Others releases were dull.

Its festive season and multiple releases will continue to bombard the box-office for the next few weeks, at least till Diwali. Of course its survival of the fittest! From the five releases of this week, hardly two managed to sustain (though the 'hit' tag still evades them) while the others just fizzled away.

John Abraham's Force had the best face value amongst all other releases and opened to a decent response with the weekend collections coming to around Rs 16 crores. It is the biggest opening collection for a film where John Abraham has played the solo lead. The makers decided to keep the publicity low and even it had a limited release as compared to the overblown releases that films have these days. The business in the following days will determine its fate.

Tigmanshu Dhulia's Saheb Biwi aur Gangster , despite garnering very good reviews and a positive word of mouth, couldn't really translate the appreciation into good business. The opening weekend collection is around Rs 4 crores. Perhaps it would work more when released on DVD for the critical admiration it has enjoyed.

Hum Tum Shabana didn't have a cast with much star-value neither was it a comedy film with any funny scenes. Even the Sagar Ballary ( Bheja Fry ) brand deteriorated with films like ' Kachcha Limboo ' and ' Bheja Fry 2 ' earlier this year. The maximum that the film managed is around Rs 1 crore over the weekend which is certainly bad.

Deepa Sahi's Tere Mere Phere was too loud and Dev Anand's Chargesheet had flop written all over it even before its release.

The coming week has David Dhawan coming back to his trademark one-upmanship comedy in Rascals starring Sanjay Dutt, Ajay Devgn and Kangna Ranaut. The film which releases on Dushera should enjoy an additional holiday opening on Thursday.

Other releases include Dia Mirza-Zayed Khan's production venture Love Breakups Zindagi and Rajeev Khandelwal starrer Soundtrack .

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/box-office/Force-has-a-forceful-start-Other-releases-dull/articleshow/10230146.cms
Surya.Ravi thumbnail

Rajeev Khandelwal visits Bangkok nightclubs

Mumbai, Oct 4 (IBNS) Trust directors who make sure that actors get into their respective characters. And debutante director Neerav Ghosh is not to be left behind. 

Neerav who's directorial debut film Soundtrack which releases on 7th October made sure that his lead star Rajeev Khandelwal visited several nightclubs in Bangkok to get his act right as he plays a popular DJ and musician in the film.

Although Rajeev did undergo a four week DJ training workshop in Mumbai, Neerav feels that DJ's in Bangkok are showmen and entertainers in their own right. 

The core idea was to get an understanding of how to engage audience with just the music when there are more avenues of entertainment.

"When I visited Bangkok for recce I was quit blown away by the distinct and happening nightlife in Bangkok. I wanted Rajeev's character to be completely wacky and insisted that he must visit these clubs in order to get the act right." said director Neerav Ghosh.

"We do have lot of clubs in Mumbai and renowned DJ's in India too but Bangkok which is known for its nightlife was the best reference we could get," said Ghosh.

Rajeev said, "Bangkok's nightlife has a reputation of being wild and rowdy so I was initially extremely skeptical when Neerav asked me to visit these night clubs to get a feeler. When we finally got to visiting one, I was taken aback by Bangkok's lust-driven dens of sin. 

"It was only on Neerav's insistence that I finally agreed to recce night clubs to meet the DJ's there and learn about their mannerisms. I experienced the loud levels of music DJs are exposed to all the time. The learning was phenomenal I realized there is so much more to learn than just put on earplugs to be a DJ. " 

Soundtrack is an edgy, modern day portrayal of India's most prolific musician and DJ played by Rajeev Khandelwal. 

It traces his alcohol, drug and sex fuelled meteoric rise, as he battles his internal demons and a damaging handicap. the film also stars Soha Ali Khan and Mrinalini Sharma.

http://www.washingtonbanglaradio.com/content/103427111-rajeev-khandelwal-visits-bangkok-nightclubs

-purnima- thumbnail

Source :: Soundtrack FB page πŸ˜ƒ

-purnima- thumbnail

My character of Shonali in Soundtrack is aggressive & confident" - Mrinalini Sharma

There's something about her that makes you say those clich lines - 'I think I've seen you before' or 'I think we've met somewhere'. But say those lines on her face and you'll see those dark brown eyes looking at you in frenzy. Honestly, I don't like to look into Mrinalini's eyes directly. She's too overwhelming. But she isn't what you think she is. Instead, try this: Call her and invite her to your house warming and she'll land up with a can of Red bull and charm you within the first five minutes you spend with her chatting about movies, men, mythology and more. I met the sexy Sharma at my favourite coffee house - Costa, and yes, she does like it frothy, and a mix of hot and cold. She insists I should try the Latte Caramellato with three sachets of premixed brown sugar, cream and a dollop of vanilla ice-cream. Actresses were always considered as some of the most influential sources of inspiration when it comes to hair styles and fashion, but coffee? Interesting! She has a warm laugh, nearly a guffaw. And she eats: declaring she is 'so hungry', she orders a toasted mushroom and cheese sandwich. As she grabs a bite, I quickly look at her. Looking lean, luscious and a combination of giggly and erotic, Sharma opens up to her most audacious roles on celluloid so far, courtesy her new movie Soundtrack. Mrinalini doesn't believe in waiting, and even though she's been patient for quite some time for her sandwich to arrive and Soundtrack to fall in her lap, she really does bring 'sexy' back on the big screen. Now that's been quite a wait for the viewers! Honestly, her body can tell a million stories. "I choose things that are so overly ambitious, and if I can't do stuff like that, I don't want to be doing this," she says. Scratch the surface, however, and the attitude seems more about the passion and perfectionism she feels about her work than the opposite. "A compulsion absolutely fills you," she says of finding a good part, and admits that she sometimes has difficulty letting go. Kinetic, she jiggles, feints, and darts as she talks, hanging back, looking off to the side, signalling resistance, a combative intelligence. In other words, Sharma projects the kind of wary, rebellious edge that is so much more typical of her age group. Then I dared to look at her again, right in those eyes because I don't care a f*** about what her age is. All I know is that she's a sexy beast ready to unleash come Soundtrack this Friday.

"I wouldn't know how I would deal with a hearing disorder"
The fact that Soundtrack is a true story, I give credit to the man who fought back, but if this was really happening to me in life (rapidly going deaf), I know for the fact that I would be crushed for a long time. I don't know how I would deal with such a situation. I pray that I never come to that situation. Sometimes I think about what if I can't see or what if I can't hear. There are people who fight back, who live life with normalcy, they are inspirational but I wouldn't know how I would deal with a hearing disorder.

"I used to listen to a lot of Beethoven, Rod Stewart, Bee Gees in my dad's car"
The first time I got zapped by listening to anyone's music, it had to be Michael Jackson's. I used to listen to a lot of music in my dad's car - the Bee Gees, Rod Stewart, Beethoven etc. My parents liked music. There was classical as well. My childhood introduction to popular pop music would have to be Michael Jackson. I was his biggest fan. My favourite track of MJ is 'Smooth Criminal' and 'Billy Jean'.

"For me, music is also literal. It defines the time I am in"
Music, for me, is a reflection of my moods. There is a certain genre of music that I listen to when I am sad, happy, excited, etc. For me, music is also literal. It defines the time I am in. There are songs that speak to me and I'd listen to it again and again till I feel better or calmer.

"The three conditions I accepted were - wear a bikini, smoke on screen and a lot of intimate scenes"
I got a call from HMV and Neerav is someone whom I had met a few years back while he was planning another project. At that point, Rajeev Khandelwal was also zeroed in for the film but it didn't pan out. I walked in, and there was Neerav. Now this is really funny because he refused to tell me what the character was. He put three conditions in front of me and told me to pick them. I had to say yes to them and I had guess the character, according to Neerav. Considering the nature of the movie, the conditions were: I had to wear a bikini, I had to smoke in the film and I had some intimate scenes with my co-star. I was listening to these conditions he put forth and all he said was to trust him. I got my role of Shonali.

"My role of Shonali is aggressive, confident and you don't want to mess with her"

I've played demure characters before but nothing like Shonali. Shonali isn't Mrinalini Sharma. Shonali is too glamorous, aggressive, confident, in your face, and you don't want to mess with her. You don't want to have a fight with her in the dark alley because she will get a bottle smashed on your head. My long hair went, all these film references thrown my way, and I'm in purple, green wigs. There was a lot of searching within to find me in the character.

"In the original - All Gone Pete Tong, you couldn't hate the DJ if you wanted to"

I've seen the original film called All Gone Pete Tong. What I liked about that movie was the fact that how real the DJ was, how believable he was, he was so fallen and yet he was so there, real. You couldn't hate him even if you wanted to, you could identify with his ups and downs, you identify with his power high, his drop in life and you wanted to identify with his resurrection.

"I've pushed the barrier of my own comfort levels in this movie that a lot of people choose not to do"

I've pushed the barrier of my own comfort levels in this movie that a lot of people choose not to do. Yes, this movie was offered to a lot of actresses but none of them wanted to be a part of it. This isn't your run of the mill movie. It's edgy, very edgy. There are so many aspects to the character of Shonali that I wish I would love to have. Beyond all the madness of this character, she is strong. Does this film define me in the years to come, well, I don't know.

"There is a range of music that goes from electronic, club, sufi to soft rock"

This is a whole different film with a whole different sound. The Medival Punditz have done a fabulous job as far as the soundtrack of Soundtrack is concerned. They've gone beyond what they've been doing for all these years. There is a range of music that goes from electronic, club, sufi to soft rock.

"The soundtrack defined Soundtrack"

I'll describe all songs in one word: 'What the F' - Crazy', 'Main Chala' - Kailash Kher, 'Ek Manzil' - Inspirational, 'Ruk Jaana Nahi' - Memories, 'Jannat' - My favourite, 'Banao' - Banao aur Banao (laughs). 'Naina Laage' - Soft, trippy, 'Yeh Jeevan Hai' - Soothing, 'Fakira' - Club, 'Atomiser' - We all know (laughs). The soundtrack defined Soundtrack

"Rajeev is a brave actor and I appreciate his cinema a lot"

😳 😳
😳

I completely appreciate Rajeev Khandelwal's cinema.😳😳  I think he is a brave actor.😳😳  To walk away from what can be defined as commercial cinema and take on characters and situations that he believes in. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ He has had his share of waiting and he has proved his worth as an actor and that's the most one can ask for as an actor. What Friday brings no one knows. But if Soundtrack can be described, it's young; it's a quirky and an emotional ride. It's a crisp film.πŸ˜ƒ

"It's ridiculous how quiet Neerav Ghosh is on the sets. His silence is golden"

Neerav Ghosh was a part of the band called 'Gravy Train' a long time back and hence the ear for music. He is bringing his experience to Soundtrack. He is a fearless director. It's his voice all through even though it's a remake of All Gone Pete Tong. He is silent and he will never comment on your 'take'. Most actors will take a directors silence as bad but not Neerav's. Nothing shakes him and he knows how to deal with stress. It's ridiculous how quiet he is.

"I have to give Rajeev two thumbs up in keeping me comfortable during those 'hot' scenes"

You are not being honest to your film if you don't show intimacy in a movie like this. I have to give Rajeev two thumbs up in keeping me comfortable during those 'hot' scenes😳 . Every actor is edgy before he jumps in such scenes. But having said that, I have to say this that Soundtrack has a lot of suggestive intimacy. I can't reveal that or I'll ruin it for you. You are in for a shock. πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

waniya_fatima thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -purnima-

Source :: Soundtrack FB page πŸ˜ƒ

RT... Hero is asking for a HUG... are we readyπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

-purnima- thumbnail

ofcourse πŸ˜†πŸ˜† ... Aa Gale Lag Ja πŸ€—
πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
waniya_fatima thumbnail