RajeevKhandelwal Soundtrack-page 54 - Page 19

Posted: 12 years ago
Mrinalini slaps Rajeev Khandelwal

Bollywood's sultry actress Mrinalni Sharma is all geared up for the releases of her movie "Soundtrack" where she plays Rajeev Khandelwal's girlfriend.πŸ˜›

Sources reveal that during the shooting of the film there was a scene where Mrinalini had to slap Rajeev. She was quite reluctant at first to even mock slap Rajeev,😳😳  but Rajeev in the pretext of improvisation voluntarily asked Mrinalini to rehearse without a mock😳 . But that improvisation went a little overboard with the actress actually slapping RajeevπŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜†. Mrinalni said "I literally slapped Rajeev hard and we got the shot right." She was extremely apologetic about it thoughπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ  and Rajeev being the professional that he was laughed the matter off.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

RAJIV KHANDELWAL CHAT WITH TV9 ON "SOUNDTRACK"

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvEHiSqNkpM[/YOUTUBE]
Make what you wear look special
Actor Rajeev Khandelwal lists out his style mantras
http://www.3dsyndication.com/dna/article/DNBAN47624

P.S: Check The Link For The Article...Ek Dum Mast Article...
'Ek Manzil' – Soundtrack
By BollySpice Editors
Posted on September 20th, 2011 in Movies, Music, News, Videos
The end of September is full of films and one of the more off beat ones but very intriguing is Soundtrack. Based on a true story, Soundtrack is the official remake of It's All Gone Pete Tong. Starring Rajeev Khandelwal, Soha Ali Khan, and Mrinalini Sharma it tells the story of the rise of a young man to be a famous DJ. He has fame and fortune, but what happens when he can no longer hear the music?

Of course it being about DJs and music, the soundtrack is very important to the film. We loved the OST and 'Ek Manzil' according to our reviewer is one of the best on the album, "From the opening strums on the cello, 'Ek Manzil' definitely becomes a favourite on this album. The composition mixes the classical instruments with the thumping drums and gritty garage guitar to create such a perfect and harmonious sound. Whenever Vishal Vaid enters the foray, the music and his gorgeous voice work together so well to create a very interesting mix of pathos and anger. The lyrics are very evocative and Vaid's vocals are so passionate without approaching a snarl."

Check out 'Ek Manzil'!
http://bollyspice.com/28768/ek-manzil-soundtrack

Actor Rajeev Khandelwal lists out his style mantras.

1. At any given time, a comfortable pair of jeans is my best bet.

2. And to team with that, coloured cotton tees are my ideal wear.

3. For formal wear, I prefer sticking to a jacket or a formal suit, along with a great pair of stylish leather shoes and a scarf or tie.

4. Earlier, I would stick to blacks and greys but lately, I have started wearing metrosexual colours like pink, green, red.

5. I have a fabulous watch collection β€” almost 25 high-end watches, most of which have been gifts.

6. I have nearly 25 pairs of shades β€” I love alternating between them.

7. Though I could be seen in anything but strangely, I end up being in branded stuff most of the time.

8. Of course, Indian wear is something I am seen in sparingly β€” a sherwani or jodhpurs being my favourites.

9. I need to look and feel comfortable in anything I am wearing.

10. Finally, I feel it's important to make what you wear look special and it shouldn't be the other way round.

β€” As told to
Dipannita Ghosh Biswas

Yet to become a household name, Mrinalini Sharma has all her hopes pinned on her upcoming release Soundtrack, in which she stars alongside television's favourite lover-boy Rajeev Khandelwal. And while her excitement regarding the film is literally palpable, her blooper-moments from the shoot still leave her red in the face.

One such instance is a scene in the film, which required her to slap Rajeev's character. She was quite uncomfortable with the idea, and unsure if she would be able to convincingly fake a slap.So Rajeev asked her to ditch her apprehension and actually slap him.

" I literally slapped Rajeev hard and (luckily) we got the shot right," an embarrassed Mrinalini said. The true professional that he is, even Rajeev took it in his stride.😳😳😳

thanku for the article purii...Rajeev is a true professional...😳
Soundtrack in News

P.S: Credit Goes To Soundtrack FB Page...

The new-age listener wants change in music'

Musicians Karsh Kale, Tapan and Gaurav of Midival Punditz get talking about collaborating for Shekhar Kapur's new musical and composing for the upcoming Soha Ali Khan starrer " Soundtrack".

How did Karsh Kale and Midival Punditz get together in the first place?

Gaurav Raina: We actually found each other in 1999, through Talvin Singh, who was hosting his Anokha gig in London. After that, we started working with each other on our respective albums and then the tours started.

Do the three musicians in Midival Punditz/Karsh Kale (MPKK) see eye to eye on all decisions? Or are there big compromises?

Karsh Kale: The reason we are able to collaborate is because we delegate responsibility... We recognise that having three minds with varying skill sets allows the vision to invariably go beyond the scope of what one of us would present. We delegate the roles and pretty much stick to them. The roles we take depend on what the project demands. Film is a collaborative art form and many visions clash in the process.

Luckily for Gaurav, Tapan and I, we have enough experience to be democratic as we all have learned to choose our battles carefully.

How was the experience working for acclaimed director Shekhar Kapur's musical "Circus Of Life"?

Karsh Kale: "Circus Of Life" was very exciting as it brought together a mix of sensibilities in fashion, theatre and music. Shekhar had mentioned during the sessions that he was interested in making an album. The tracks began taking shape by going through Shekhar's book of poetry and discovering music that would fit the mood with each poem. Shekhar listened to the pieces and wrote spontaneously in the studio. He's a joy to work with because he brings all his passion and seriousness with a bit of humour.

"Karthik Calling Karthik" and "Dum Maro Dum" were very successful. Are you feeling nervous in terms of people's expectations from "Soundtrack"?

Gaurav Raina: One is always a little nervous before the launch of a film, which has taken over six months of hard work by many, many people.

But in the end there's always a feeling of satisfaction to see it all come together and see it on screen.

From giving background score to composing for "Soundtrack", how tough was this new challenge for you guys?

Gaurav Raina: Making songs for the movie "Soundtrack" came with its own challenges. The movie is about a DJ, so it has a lot of music, which ties the whole movie together. For this, we had to address many different moods and moments. Neerav Ghosh, the director, had pre-selected a bunch of tracks, and it was our job to fill in the missing pieces of the puzzle.

Karsh Kale: I think the main difference tends to be time. When a music director is composing the songs and doing the background score, he tends to be involved from pre-production to the end of production. However, the work itself entails doing what we have been doing for years, both individually and together, and that is writing and composing songs. The background score usually remains challenging as each project forces us into new and unexplored musical territories.

Do you feel independent musicians have a leg up when it comes to giving music for young, edgy new-age movies that are happening in Bollywood right now than Bollywood composers who deal with mainstream music?

Gaurav Raina: This may not be true for all mainstream Bollywood musicians, but definitely for the majority of them. The independent producers and bands have a stronger inclination to experiment and take 'unconventional' approaches to music.

I think this is all that the new-age listener needs. They want change and something new to listen to.

Karsh Kale: There is always interplay between independent music and mainstream music. All the big mainstream Bollywood composers still listen to underground music and independent artistes, but unfortunately they are mainly hired to repeat the same 'hit' material that propelled them to the top in the first place. Any independent artiste that gets a big hit will most likely get asked for lots of money to repeat the same winning formula again and so, the cycle continues. Often what happens is that big mainstream composers hire young, fresh talent to bring the new ideas while maintaining the mainstream integrity. It's not very different in Hollywood either where both independent film and music constantly inform the changing trends of the mainstream music.

"Soundtrack" deals with a man's journey into the world of success, sex, drugs. So, what kind of sounds and compositions are we going to hear from you?

Tapan Raj: Since the story of the film is about a DJ's life, the music predominantly falls under the dance and club genre. But in order to highlight different moments that showcase the central character going through a bad or low phase in his life, we have used a softer soundscape. For these moments we have used songs such as "Naina Laagey" and a re-produced version of the Kishore Kumar classic, "Yeh Jeevan Hai".

These are tracks that the listener will be able to relate to. Also, artistes like Kailash Kher feature as the vocalist and lyricist on a track called, "Mein Chala", and then there's Ankur Tewari and Papon, who have produced and arranged their own songs.

Besides Bollywood, what is next on the cards for MPKK?

Gaurav Raina: Midival Punditz is working on a new album that will be released early next year, and MPKK's finishing their combined album.

Karsh Kale: We'll be continuing our collaboration with Shekhar Kapur, and apart from that I've just released my new album, "Cinema", worldwide, which I'll be releasing in India this winter.

I pay more attention to quality of film: Rajeev Khandelwal

--by Prashant Jain

Q. From Aamir to Shaitaan how has the journey been .How do u feel about your Career graph?

Rajeev : It gives peace to me, feel contended. Whatever I have done till now have lived it fully. I am happy that I have taken all the decisions myself. It gives me inspiration to move forward.

Q. Don't u feel You got less films in this period?

Rajeev : I don't feel so. In between I had done Sach ka saamna, also some of my films were in pipeline. I feel a person should give more attention to quality rather than quantity.  Dats why I don't count my number of films, I concentrate on its success.

Q .Shaitaan was appreciated by critics, but not equally successful on BO?

Rajeev: As I said I concentrate on quality, My main reason of working in shaitaan was that I was getting opportunity to work with wonderful producer like Anuraag Kashyap. Also Kalki had been wonderful co actor she is very dedicated actor.

Q.  How has been the experience working with Anuraag as a producer?

Rajeev: Working with Anuraag will surely be wonderful experience for any actor. I love spending time with Anuraag. Have rarely seen people like him He is wonderful.

Q.  Whats the progress report of Chenab Gandhi?

Rajeev: I am not working in this film. So for progress report on film u should ask Sanjay leela bhansali.

Q. What are Your Forthcoming films?

Rajeev: My film Soundtrack is releasing soon i.e. next Friday it has soha ali khan in lead, Also have few films in pipeline, but its too early to talk about them.

Q. How has been experience of working with Soha ?

Rajeev: Soha is very intelligent very sincere although her past films have not been too successful but she has great potential as an actor which is yet to be utilized in films.

Q. When your popular show SKS 2 is coming on TV?

Rajeev: Very soon

Q.  Will it be controversial like last season?

Rajeev: In sach ka samna we just show the truth nothing else. Now if truth is considered to be controversial  I cant do anything about it.

Q. Would You like to work in a TV show in future ?

Rajeev: No, I have done too much of TV, U must have seen that I had left TV on its peak. So No, I would not like to work on TV.

Q.  How is Married life going?

Rajeev: Very Beautiful. Obviously Marriage brings certain changes in life.

Q. Since u have worked in both TV & films any dream role u want to do ?

Rajeev: Definitely, My dream role would be the one which I wouldn't have even dreamt of. Whatever I have done till now I have done it myself, so dream role also I would like to do it myself