Posted: 12 years ago
-purnima- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
sanghamitra_27 thumbnail
v: 'I was given a gun salute in the Maldives!' 
By MovieTalkies.com, 23 August 2011 

He's gearing up to strike a successful note. With Soundtrack, that is. Rajeev Khandelwal garnered rounds of cinematic success with Aamir and Shaitan and revved up controversy with the incendiary telly show Sacch Ka Saamna.

Apart from Soundtrack helmed by debutant director Neerav Ghosh… on the anvil are also Tanuja Chandra's Raakh and Fever, in addition to Sacch Ka Saamna 2.

Although he did gain fame enacting Sujal Garewal in the serial Balaji Telefilms serial Kahin Toh Hoga, Rajeev is clear that it's not him, but the characters he essayed that struck a chord in collective hearts.

Regarding his telly popularity, Rajeev is quoted to have said in a media chat, "It was overwhelming adoration after I clicked as Sujal in the serial. Suddenly, women all over seemed to be going crazy over me, they were knitting sweaters for me. Some ladies in their sixties would come and put tikkaon my forehead believing me to be their son. In the Maldives, I was given a state welcome."

What's next? A gun salute in Fiji Islands, perhaps…

-purnima- thumbnail
What The F! song
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXDR5malIjI[/YOUTUBE]
-purnima- thumbnail

Soundtrack film live gig at Manchester United Cafe

Edited by -purnima- - 12 years ago
-purnima- thumbnail
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzlweQcTF6Y[/YOUTUBE]
spvd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
OMG he is looking too good...
-purnima- thumbnail

Rajeev Khandelwal gears up for his next release 'Soundtrack', he talks about the experience of working with the films leading lady

Rajeev Khandelwal made an amazing entry in Bollywood with 'Aamir'getting a lot of praise from the classes and masses alike. After that he was not much seen on the silver screen, and his latest release was 'Shaitan'. However, the actor is now excited about his next release 'Soundtrack'opposite Soha Ali Khan.

'At the moment I am gearing up for the release of my much awaited film 'Soundtrack'. I play the character of a singer in this film. It is a different avatar altogether because this character came at a point when I was desperately looking forward to doing something different. Working with Soha is also fun. She is a very dedicated actor with ample of calibre,'says Rajeev. 'Soundtrack'is being directed by debutant Neerav Ghosh.

Initially Rajeev belonged to the small screen where he was much loved by everyone for his role of Sujal Garewal in the serial 'Kahiin to Hoga'. He says, 'Love was everywhere as my character of Sujal became a huge hit. Women turned head over heels for my character, they would knit pullovers for me and send it across. They loved and respected me as their own son.'

Rajeev also became famous as the host of the TV show 'Sach Ka Saamna'. After 'Soundtrack', Rajeev will be seen in Tanuja Chandras 'Raakh'.

-purnima- thumbnail

Music Review: Soundtrack (The Movie)

---by Pulkit Datta

Midival Punditz and Karsh Kale's first Hindi film album is also one of the year's best. 😳😳

With a film titled Soundtrack and a story so focused on music, the expectations from its own soundtrack multiply by leaps and bounds. Director Neeraj Ghosh's upcoming film about a DJ πŸ˜³πŸ˜³β€“ MORE ABOUT FILM. Starring Rajeev Khandelwal and Soha Ali Khan, the film definitely has a curiosity factor working in its favor. This is bolstered further by the fact that the film also boasts the first full-fledged Hindi film soundtrack by the electronica-folk-rock fusion of the Midival Punditz in partnership with Karsh Kale, or MPKK as they call themselves.πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

The album starts with an electronica bang. Atomizer is an already well known energizing track by Gaurav RainaπŸ˜ƒ (one half of Midival Punditz) and Karsh Kale from the last Midivial Punditz album, Hello Hello.

2 Banao – Papon

The third track, Ek Manzil, opens with an exquisite cello solo which then builds dramatically with a drum accompaniment. Sung by Vishal Vaid, this song has a passionate feel and the periodic cello interlude adds a unique stamp to it😳😳 . The cello and drums combination proves to be a real winner here and joined by Vaid's heartfelt vocals, this is by far one of the best tracks in the album.

Vishal Vaid makes another appearance with Fakira. It's hard to follow a song like 'Ek Manzil' and 'Fakira' is a completely different sound and style. Despite that, however, it doesn't have much impact.

Main Chala has a heavy electronica-trance soundπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ , a very Midival Punditz-type composition. πŸ˜ƒ Thrown into this tune is Kailash Kher who brings his very powerfully sufi vocals to the mix, making for a a strong underground song. It may not catch on immediately with the average listener, but fans of MPKK will cherish it. The song's intensity and style makes it a niche track, and while it is well done, it will probably have limited appeal.

MPKK favorite Papon makes a second appearance with Naina Laagey. It's a mellow ballad crooned beautifully by Papon and put to atmospheric electronica music accompanied fluidly by a flute. It's a contemplative track but the lyrics remain quite limited. However, the sheer pleasure of the song lies in Papon's sufi-inspired singing – he takes his time with it, making for an incredibly laid back listen.😳😳

MPKK pay homage to one of Kishore Kumar's timeless classics with Ruk Jaana Nahin (Remix). While it is usually very difficult to get cover songs right, singer Suraj Jagan puts in his best to a rather standard remix track. Unfortunately, this one doesn't offer much of a refreshing angle on the original, which makes deciding between Kishoreda's original and this remix a bit too easy.

The first of two instrumental tracks in this album is Symphony Of The Streets. Composed by MPKK, it is quite simply one of the finest pieces of music produced in India this year. MPKK take mundane sounds from streets – trains, buses, car horns, etc – and weave it beautifully with their own tune to truly create a symphony.πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ  More than anything, it shows how musical inspiration can arise fromπŸ˜ƒ

That beautiful cello tune makes a comeback in The Soundtrack Theme, another purely instrumental track by MPKK. This time, the entire track is centered around the cello track and becomes a suitable indulgence for those who wanted to hear more of that after 'Ek Manzil.'

10 What The F – Anushka Manchanda

The last song in the album is another tribute to Kishore Kumar. Yeh Jeevan Hai (Remix) is much different take on the original than the earlier rendition in the album. For one, MPKK bring in the sultry voice of Malini Awasthi to feminize Kishoreda's original.

πŸ˜ƒ
πŸ˜ƒ

-purnima- thumbnail
First it was 'DK Bose' that caught the fancy of the urban college-going youths. Now a new song from the upcoming film 'Soundtrack' is carrying on a legacy that Delhi Belly's hit track has established.

The phenomenal success of 'Bhaag DK Bose' has clearly started a race for Bollywood's most foul-mouthed theme number. The racy track 'What the F' by singer Anushka Manchanda was recently released at the music launch of 'Soundtrack'.

Manchanda's track has been written and produced by the Midival Punditz. The singer for 'Golmaal' has also shot a video to promote the steamy track that questions 'What the F is going on?' and features a nightclub.

'Soundtrack', a film by debutante director Neerav Ghosh, stars Soha Ali Khan, Rajeev Khandelwal and even has an appearance by filmmaker Anurag Kashyap. Anushka was also the sultry voice behind Dum Maaro Dum.

'Soundtrack' explores the story of a prolific musician and DJ, his meteoric rise to stardom and his battle with drugs and alcohol. The movie will be released on September 30.