Sharmila: Saif &Kareena are getting married soon

Posted: 13 years ago

Marriage ontheir minds!

Bollywood veteran Sharmila Tagore reveals that son, actor Saif Ali Khan and his lady love Kareena Kapoor are working out their wedding date

Soumyadipta Banerjee

According to Indian censor board chief and veteran actor Sharmila Tagore, son, actor Saif Ali Khan is planning to walk the aisle (again) with beloved Kareena Kapoor.
"They have marriage on their minds. Saif has spoken to us about it, and I'm very happy for them. Now, all I'm waiting is for them to tell me the date. But I know that it's happening soon," reveals the veteran actor.
Sharmila says that there's no pressure on Saif from her side to get married immediately. "My son is independent and doing well in life. He's not my responsibility anymore. In any case, he always takes his own decisions," she says adding, "When and how they want to get married is their personal choice. As a mother, I only wish them the best and would like to see them happy the way they are right now."
Ask her if getting married hampers a successful heroine's chances at the top, and Sharmila is quick to dismiss it. "I don't think marriage makes any difference to a film. For instance, a film like No One Killed Jessica would have been a hit even if Rani or Vidya were married actors. In fact, I had my biggest hits after I got married. The audience never rejects a film because an actor is married. It's a perception that exists among a few people in the industry and not the audience," says the veteran actor.
[email protected]
Edited by desigal90 - 13 years ago
Its getting more official. If my lovebirds make it to the aisle, I will throw a laddoo party for all of IF. And dance on dil haara. Maybe dil dance maare.
OMG Desigal you must be so happy right? Your two fav. are getting married soon and i hope they invite you cuz you are the most loyal fan of them😳
bebo said she'll get married when the world is about to end...she's scared that its ending soon with earthquak and lots of things happening in the world. I think that's why the wedding being plan

best of luck to them

awww sharmila...she's so right about her biggest hit movies being made after marriage
uh oh. i bet she wasn't supposed to reveal that. 😆
I think I'll dance on Shukran Allah. But how in the world do you dance ot Shukran Allah? Damn it Saifeena, dont you even have a funky dance number together?
Dear Babita, pleaseee keep your foot outta this now. Let Bebo live her life the way she wants. Look what happpened to Lolo.

Separating these two chipku lovebirds is just wrong!
They just cant keep their hands off 😆

My fav moments of the two together!

Congrats to the both of them
They both took their time with this relationship and I honestly feel like they will last a very long time together happily

Sharmila might also be happy because this time around she can actually help out with wedding preparations😆
Hoping they live 'happily ever after'..
Awww lovebirds...dhoom dhaam shaadi ho gi! EVERYONE will be there...okay I am officially excited!!😆