Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DMKJ_VB thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
fantastic thread. even i have the Ramayan DVDs at home.and now am watching the reruns on imagine.😛
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
I think this thread is really needed now, because we can use it to compare all the editing that Imagine has done to the original airing.

Is it just me or is anyone else highly disappointed with this new rerun of Ramayan?
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Some edits were a big improvement, especially during the post-Pushp Vatika, Pre-wedding phase... but some good songs are gone :/
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: lola610

Some edits were a big improvement, especially during the post-Pushp Vatika, Pre-wedding phase... but some good songs are gone :/

Some of the edits were an improvement, but they took out a lot more meaningful scenes than just the songs, especially post-Vivah.😔 And the new songs ain't that special that they should rerun the whole show for them...the old, RJ ones were so much better.
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
All this time and I haven't even heard any new songs 😳 They said there'd be 20? I was gonna make a thread asking people to post them if they've added any yet.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: lola610

All this time and I haven't even heard any new songs 😳 They said there'd be 20? I was gonna make a thread asking people to post them if they've added any yet.

I noticed two of them, but beyond that none either...they didn't sound like Ravindra Jain's creations, and more similar to the new title song for Baal Kand. Like you mentioned before, I think the same director who did JSK's songs did these new ones.

I haven't seen the whole thing this time around though, just a bunch of pre-wedding stuff and a few of the Ayodhya Kand ones. What I am very happy with is that they've cut down on a lot of the unnecessary Manthara scenes.
radt thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Got the DVD set... What a relief...!!! They're ruining the re-runs by cropping some scenes and bg scores...😔
...Mina... thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
hi folks !! just bringing this thread back to life !😃

plsss share ur views on the rerun episodes! did anyone like them more than original run?
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
I didn't really like the rerun episodes all that much. Though they did delete much of the annoying, unnecessary scenes, they also took out a lot of good, interesting stuff so it kind of seemed like a hurried kichdi of a serial for anyone seeing it for the first time.😆
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: radt

Got the DVD set... What a relief...!!! They're ruining the re-runs by cropping some scenes and bg scores...😔

Where did you get the DVD set? I just love collecting mytho shows and so far I have the DVDs of RSR, RSK, BRC's MB, BRC's Vishnu Puraan, and RS's Vikram aur Betaal. I would love to add ASR to my collection but it doesn't seem as if I'll be getting it anytime soon.🤔