A Romantic Rendezvous/OS corner/new OS p118

.SA. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hi friends,this is my first attempt at writing a ss/os, i don't know what to call it.
we have so many talented writers on our forum,that i am terrified to post my work here.
i want to thank two of the most amazing writers that we have,they are Mehak & Amy. thank you guys for your support & faith in me.
Here is my work guys. As Arjun said-"Be Kind"πŸ˜‰

CONNECTION

The car stopped with a jerk,he got out started walking towards the beach.He was brooding unaware of the glances people returning from the beach threw towards him.
8.30pm indeed was hardly the time to visit the beach,therefore the glances.Some girls returning from the beach recognized him as their heart -throb,squealing in delight& nudging each other.None of them dared to ask him for a picture or autograph though, he had  please don't bother me kind of air about him.
He reached a secluded spot away from all the hustle-bustle sat down on the sand with a weary sigh, he was so darned tired.He had just returned from the shoot of his latest show & had the next day off.But it failed to cheer him.He did not want to go home either,his Mom was out of town,his brother&his friends no doubt would have gathered at his place watching the ongoing worldcup matches,having fun.He did not want to join them.

He came to this spot on this beach whenever he was unhappy.That was the spot where he had shot his first song sequence for his previous show along with his co-star,who was now love of his life. This was the spot where the flutter of his heart had told him that his co-star meant more to him.They had been practicing a twirl,which later became their signature move, when he looked into her eyes & saw his own emotions reflected in them.This spot calmed him down whenever he was agitated.          He never thought his passion to act would seem like tedious chore to him one day, but that was what happening to him.
The new show had appeared like a good proposal on paper,the PH was good,his role was great too.He had fun shooting scenes with his on-screen family,all of them were great actors,most of them having performed in marathi theatre.
What was missing was the passion to perform a lover boy,which was a huge problem as the show was a love story between a boy & a girl coming from different backgrounds.

Some place else a girl was waiting for a call,his call. But it never came,she had been restless the whole evening,unable to concentrate on anything.She tried reading,watching tv,but it was useless.Finally she gave up & decided to prepare dinner.After some time, her cooking was done & still no call.She was worried now,
all evening she had kind of unease thinking  something was wrong with him.He always called her after reaching his home.She picked up her phone,dialled his number.All she got was the most irritating recorded voice announcing that "this number is switched off".She tried to call him few more times with the same result.Then she decided to take matters in her own hands.

On the beach, he laid down on the sand his arms folded under his head,going over the current scenario, which looked pretty bleak just then.But what could he do? He did not have the luxury of waiting or picking out his co-stars.The passion to perform was missing,but he was a true professional who took pride in his work,he would never ever do a sloppy job.Besides he had a family to take care of,but some times he felt bonetired & unable to go on.
All he wanted was to see her,talk to her take her in his arms & never let her go.But he did not want to see her when he was in such a blue funk.
'You better get your act together dude,"he thought,"you can't lean on her& unburden all your frustrations on her every time,so buck up."
As he laid there thinking deep thoughts,berating himself & longing for her,he smelled her perfume & a scent which was uniquely hers,he was startled.
But he kept his eyes closed & thought "good going dude! you are missing her so much that you have conjured up her perfume along with her image."
*Wait a minute,did he just feel fingers running in his hair*,he opened his eyes & saw his Jaan sitting next to him,caressing,running fingers through his hair.
He could not believe his eyes so he just lay there enjoying it all ,looking at her lovingly.After some time she got up & held out her hand,he got up holding her hand.
They walked together towards his car arms around each other,her head on his shoulder,finally he felt that elusive peace beginning to settle over him.

As they reached his car, she held out her hand again,he sighed & dropped his car keys in it.He settled in the passenger seat,allowing her to take the driver's.
They had not spoken a single word,but they did not need to. Both of them knew what was going through the other's mind most of the time.What they did'nt know their eyes told each other.Both of them were a pair of chatter-boxes, but they chattered only about their work & other random things.The matters of heart were spoken only by their eyes.This ability to speak with their eyes had driven their co-stars mad.He smiled thinking about that.

The car stopped & he opened his eyes, he saw they were in her building's parking lot.He stepped out of his car & walked along with her to the elevator.
They reached her flat, she opened the lock ,gestured towards sofa. He simply sprawled on her sofa & closed his eyes.She locked the front door , disappeared in kitchen,
after some time she emerged carrying food & fruit juice.The fragrance of the food reminded him that he was hungry.He sat up , she handed him a plate.He looked at her & realized that she too had not eaten anything.He fed her a bite from his plate & she did the same.They finished their dinner feeding each other & smiling at each other.
He got up to help her clear the dishes but she pushed him back in the sofa & said that she could manage.
He was grateful & simply closed his eyes,resting his head on the back rest, kicking off his shoes.

After  sometime, he heard her return ,he opened his eyes & looked at her. She sat beside him & pulled him towards her.Now he was lying on the sofa with his head on her lap, her fingers running through his hair again,the way he liked it.Slowly he felt all his fatigue melting away beneath her gentle caress.He found himself pouring out all the frustrations of the day,the things that irked him.Wait a minute , he thought,this was the very thing i wanted to avoid,i am doing it now unburdening, all on her.He opened his eyes & sat up.
She looked at him & asked "whats the matter?"
He said, " i was trying to avoid this, this pouring out my problems on you."
Now her placid eyes flashed,she snapped "why would you want to do that?am i not your partner, don't you have the right to unload your problems on me?,have i not leaned on you in the past whenever i was upset or missing my family? did'nt we promise to be there for each other through thick or thin?She demanded in rapid fire, he was speechless.
He just sat there admiring her, his love,his life. She was on a roll ,scolding him about being a macho so & so,not wanting to share his problems,carrying his load like a martyr,moving around like a miserable ,cranky grizzly bear.

She had worked herself up and was gearing up for more,when he did the only thing that was possible to do under the circumstances.He pulled her in his arms & closed her  lips with his own. She tried to free herself,but he was not going to allow her to do that.Gradually she stopped trying to free herself.They shared the most passionate & heavenly kiss.
They broke apart & looked at each other,burst out laughing till tears started flowing from their eyes.They touched their fore heads,their arms around each other.
 After some time he got up , prepared to leave. She held his arm & stopped him."why don't you stay over today,i know Aunty is out of town & you have a huge gang at your place who will not allow you to sleep."
He was surprised to hear her say that,"how do you know all these things?",he asked.
"its me you are talking to here buddy!" she said mischeivously.But she became serious again & told him this feeling she had all evening that there was something bothering him,some thing was wrong."i tried to call you when you did not call me,got the irritating number switched off msg. so i called up your home & learned from your brother that you had called up,telling him you'd be late & not to wait up.Dada did not sound like himself,thats what your brother told me.
I realized since you had not called me the beach was the only place where you could go.So i took a cab & reached the beach."she said it all in a single breath.
He just sat there amazed,stared at her marveling at his luck.
She got up & pulled him to his feet, pushed him towards her bathroom,"why don't you take a shower? then we will settle in."
"But i don't have any clothes", he said. She just opened her closet & took out a pair of tracks & a t-shirt, handed him.
He looked at the clothes & wagged his eye brows."don't be stupid. i got these for bittu ,my brother. you can use them for now ,i will get him a new set."she said.
So there he was showered,in fresh clothes lying on her bed content & waiting for her.She appeared shortly ,showered, in silk pjs.
He looked at her & opened his arms, smiling. She ran towards him ,sat on the bed & kissed the base of his neck,this one spot on his neck drove her crazy & was her fav.
She laid down next to him,his arms around her,her head on his chest & let out a contented sigh, he echoed the sigh of same contentment.
They settled in each others arms, were drifting away to sleep,when he suddenly asked"miserable cranky grizzly bear huh?"
She raised her head looked in his eyes laughing. "no i have tamed you, now you are a cuddly & lovable teddy bear."she said. She bent her head kissed his lips & asked him"you know whats the best thing about this?"He shaked his head & asked her, "what?"."you are all mine & only mine."
She settled back in his arms, he tightened them around her drawing her closer still& gave her peck on the forehead.
They drifted to sleep lying in each others arms,listening to each others heart beats.A beautiful & similar smile on both their faces.
***********************************************************************************************************
                                                                 -- Index---
Truly ,deeply.madly in love- pg 9

A lazy weekend-pg 14

The First  Kiss-pg  23

Mayank Nupur -pg 33

Mayank Nupur-pg 41
Edited by shubhsArti - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-SupriyaluvsMN- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

aww... Shubie...

such an adorable OS...😍

luvd it...πŸ˜ƒ

& keep writin more!😳

*edit*

yay.. me 1st!
Edited by -SupriyaluvsMN- - 13 years ago
.SA. thumbnail

Originally posted by: -SupriyaluvsMN-

aww... Shubie...

such an adorable OS...😍

luvd it...πŸ˜ƒ

& keep writin more!😳

*edit*

yay.. me 1st!

whew thank you so much Supriya , i was terrified when i saw 20 views & not a single comment or like.πŸ˜ƒ
-SupriyaluvsMN- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

lol... chill... i luvd d OS..πŸ˜ƒ...

nice story.... do write more... u do have the talent n potential to write such beautiful stories........
do pm me next time 😊
.SA. thumbnail

thank youπŸ˜›
.SA. thumbnail

Originally posted by: arjun_dez

nice story.... do write more... u do have the talent n potential to write such beautiful stories........
do pm me next time 😊

thanks Dez.πŸ˜›, will do if i ever write a new one.
myownarea thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
shubhieee...ah this has to be ur best kept secret...u r a writer n u never let me know...hmmm,..!! but truly loved the way u wrote this one ,it was simple and honest and there was deep connect to what u wrote.wonderful :)
.SA. thumbnail

Originally posted by: myownarea

shubhieee...ah this has to be ur best kept secret...u r a writer n u never let me know...hmmm,..!! but truly loved the way u wrote this one ,it was simple and honest and there was deep connect to what u wrote.wonderful :)

thank you DivyaπŸ˜›, i don't think i'm a writer the two most wonderful people in this world, inspired me a lot.πŸ˜‰
AmyArTiMayUr thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
ShubieeeeeeeeeeeeπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW...This was like sooooooooo AWESOME yaarπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

Thanks for mentioning me in your note...i thought you had the potential and i was rightπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

This is a gorgeous OS, lady...and would LOVE to read moreπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

And yeah, one more thing....do indicate in your title that this is an OS...otherwise ppl may feel it is just another topicπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

Thanks for the PM and once again, GREAT piece of writingπŸ˜ƒ