why is vidya dressing like her grandmother? - Page 2

Posted: 13 years ago
I agree, she looks good in a saree. She doesn't have the body to wear dresses and short skirts and what not! She is still gorgeous though!
Originally posted by tomnjerry2

If we r gonna see tht way... Katrina acts the best way she cn do y do we need to criticize her ?? 🤔

Keep------------Smiling !!!! 😊

????
these sarees suit her more.. there was a function where she dressed like kajol @ filmfare or something and she looked horrid...

if she tries western she looks like a wannabe.. so i like her in this style. plus wasnt Rani trying the same look for a while? 
That pic of Vidya is actually one of her better choices when it comes to fashion, but there are others that are just a disaster. She is a beautiful young woman but she is in need of a makeover.
Originally posted by eraser

????

to each their own...y jst outfit .. !!! 😛 

Keep----------Smiling !!! 😊
sarees and all are fine...but the ones she wears age her so much...the full sleeves, the braided/bunched hair with jasmines, the heavy zari/ kanjeevaram ones make her look so big and well, heavy....

she luks soo much better in light chudidaars n stuff, which dunt make her look like a circus tent and where she dosent have a kilo of clothing and accessory weight on her.  

Edited by smartie_pants - 13 years ago
Not everyone is built to dress like a hot-to-get-hit-on teen on a club hopping frenzy.
She's an adult woman and she doesn't look like a grandmother, nor does she look like some joke trying to pass herself off as a 15 year old Disney Channel starlet.
I'm sick of---"Oh look I have skinny gym legs like the girls in Hollywood, let me show them to you every five seconds so guys will want to soil my photo spreads in nameless ways!"

Maybe Vidya has something more to offer than wearing the shortest skirt or always trying to be...yawn...SEXY...yawn. It's nice to see someone in films for reasons beyond that someone wanted to schtup her and she let them to get a job, or her parents had talent back in the day which means she does too (Oh does it?).
She looks great dressed as a normal woman instead of a hooker on the make.

Not everyone is blessed with a body type where you can carry all kinds of styles.... Vidya is one of them...She did try to venture into diff clothes and she got a LOT of flak and criticism... So she is just sticks to what suits her better...

Having said that I dont mind her in sarees.... But I would like her to experiment more in the sarees and in different blouse styles and try out diff hair styles......

Either she is in Sabya sarees or in the South Indian silks.... And the blouse the same 3/4 sleeves...

She can stay in her safe zone  but I want her to experiment more....
This is the problem....if a woman is dressed in a sari and is comfortable in ethnic wear she dresses like a granny! If she tries to change it up and fails then she is trying too hard....if she changes and starts to dress all hip....why doesn't she ever wear ethnic always trying to copy the west what happened to our indian clothes! 😆

I think Vidya has found her space in fashion...and she carries what she wears well. The most important thing is to be comfortable in what you wear.... I think she looks lovely in the saree!

^Agree with you. A little more experiment with the sarees & look will be nice....
Edited by LifeOLicious - 13 years ago
Originally posted by youknowme

Not everyone is built to dress like a hot-to-get-hit-on teen on a club hopping frenzy.
She's an adult woman and she doesn't look like a grandmother, nor does she look like some joke trying to pass herself off as a 15 year old Disney Channel starlet.
I'm sick of---"Oh look I have skinny gym legs like the girls in Hollywood, let me show them to you every five seconds so guys will want to soil my photo spreads in nameless ways!"

Maybe Vidya has something more to offer than wearing the shortest skirt or always trying to be...yawn...SEXY...yawn. It's nice to see someone in films for reasons beyond that someone wanted to schtup her and she let them to get a job, or her parents had talent back in the day which means she does too (Oh does it?).
She looks great dressed as a normal woman instead of a hooker on the make.

I completely agree with what you said but I dont think that revealing your body makes you a "hooker on the make".