sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
It is Salman's 41st birthday on December 27 and though the year gone by has been a very trying one for him, there are his close friends who are determined to stand by him through thick and thin. One of them is producer Saajid Nadiadwala, who has known Salman since 15 years and feels that he is a far cry from the person he is made out to be. Says Saajid; "He's probably the most misunderstood person. His reticence with people who don't understand him is probably mistaken for arrogance but the actual person beneath the surface is one who is very sensitive and good at heart. As a person, he's very honest, one who believes in calling a spade a spade. He's not the kind who'll indulge in back biting, if he wants to say something he'll do so on the face. Apart from that, he's a very private person who likes to stick to his group of friends and stands by them through thick and thin."

Saajid first met Salman on the sets of JEET. "The film was shot extensively in Switzerland and we connected from the first instance. During the shoot of the film we got fairly acquainted with each other. We would go out cycling together in the picturesque lanes there and by the end of the shoot, we had become great friends," he recalls.

Subsequently, he made three more films with Salman, JEET, JUDWAA, HAR DIL JO PYAR KAREGA and MUJSHE SHAADI KAROGI, and all of according to him did roaring business, with JUDWAA and MSK completing a golden jubilee run. Says Saajid, "In these 15 years, it has always been a pleasure working wit him. One of his best qualities is that he never allows his friendship with you to affect his sense of professionalism. He's the kind who never goes back on his commitments. I think Salman will be a permanent feature of my films. Currently, I am shooting JAANEMAN with him and I intend to continue working with him," he says.

There couldn't be a better compliment from a better friend and we hope this one makes his day. Here's wishing Salman all the very best and a promising year ahead on his birthday.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

simrat91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
thankz....this article made sallu a year older!! hez 40 not 41!!
AnGeLeYeZz thumbnail
loll i noticed that too haha
rebelqueen thumbnail
ya-sallu's 40
and we all know what pure gold his heart is made of..
thanks a lot 4 the article