Users

Frequent Posters

Bravehearts thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
wish ur mom sa very happy birthday sweety
Nabby thumbnail
Hey babz...wen u updatin..eagerly waitin 2 read..updte sun..n hey b'day wishes 2 ya mum...Edited by Nabby - 13 years ago
dalilangel24 thumbnail
update soon yaar your too good ;)
yasharan.love thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

~Hello Lovely Ppl~

I am back, after a some what long time with an update! My first update in the second thread!! yay!! anyway, this is part 2 of Chapter 27, plz see the previous thread's page 139 for part1, if u hve forgotten what happned/hve not read it.... the link to the previous thread is on pg 1...

Disclaimer: I am sorry if I hurt any feelings / hve not been sensitive enough to Khanak's mom's condition (bipolar disorder), I hve tried my best to portray it with sensitivity and keep it real, by reading as much as I could befre I wrote chapter 27.

Thanks for reading and do comment and do give me any suggestion u want....

and do check out the siggie I made... on priya's request coco is featured in the siggie and she had something to say too ("I think I need scotch") 😆😉 (credit : vandu )

LOVE to ALL!!

pooja😃

~*::.CHAPTER 27.::*~

~-PART2-~

-the one in which he makes her read the dedication-

Shantanu and Khanak sat there still, as statues as silent tears trickled down Khanak's eyes. Shantanu held her tight, and let her cry; holding his hand, he didn't know how much time had passed, when she finally spoke.

'I remember her very clearly...'

'Of course you do.'

'hmm... she would always do these crazy things,' she said with a weak smile, 'once, when we were in Manali, I was about six. We lived there for about a years, when dad was trying to get a hotel up and running, Um... I had a maths test, and I was scared that I would fail, and I told her so, when she was putting me to bed. And she laughed and said, not to worry, and went out the room, and I fell asleep.' She looked at Shantanu, who had been looking down at her, and smiled, 'she came to my room, and woke me up, it was five in the morning, and she made me wear my shoes and sweater and... and we drove, I kept asking her "mom hum kahan jaa rahe hai", but she just smiled and said, it was a surprise.'

'what about your dad?'

'dad, had gone to some place for a meeting for two-three days, he was about to come back in the evening.'

'so where did she take you?'

'On a hill, we stopped, and it was about 5:45, she got me out, and got out this picnic basket, with breakfast in it. And we sat on the bonnet of the car and saw the sun rise,' she looked at him again, 'she had been up all night making, my favourite things, pan cakes, jelly, and a cake, and well, we had a picnic and then, we spent the whole day together, in the bazaar, just having fun and playing around in the arcade and buying things, she told me, "my daughter doesn't have to do anything she is afraid of," when I asked about the maths test.'

He smiled, 'it must have been a fun day...'

'yup, it was, still is the best memory I have with her, but then...'

'What?'

'We went back home, and dad was furious, I don't think I have ever seen him that angry. The teacher had called his secretary, when no one at home had picked up, to ask about me. She asked why I had missed the test and whether I was ill, he had come home to receive his secretary's phone. He was furious at maa, for taking me out like that, for having me miss my maths test, being irresponsible. I was in my room, crying, while they fought outside. Mom had gotten furious and she took off, she didn't come home for a day. Dad, he came in my room and kissed me good night, and said sorry, he thought I was asleep.'

He held her hand tighter, 'she would do that sometimes, just take off, and not return, you know when she was not well,' she continued speaking, 'And sometimes, she would cry in her room and not get out of bed, or eat anything until dad would come and talk to her, get her out of bed, and clean her up. But when she was writing, then she was the happiest, and calm.'

'it must have been difficult.'

'Yes, it was. You know something?'

'what?'

'I have all my life, tried to be not like her. I have tried so hard at being anything but her. I write, and I am pretty good at it, but I don't write novels, because...'

'She was a novelist.'

She nodded as a tear rolled down her cheek, 'and I have never read a book by her, never, I don't know why, but I just could never... and now thanks to Aditya I realised that- I am afraid of falling in love, because I always thought, felt that if she wouldn't have loved my father so damn much and wouldn't have given me birth, she would have been alive. I know it is stupid...'

'It's not.'

She broke into sobs, 'I have always, always been like this, I never let anyone in, and now I am incapable of falling in love!'

'You are not Kapoor... you- hey! Listen to me,' he took her face in his hands, 'you are one of the most loving people I know.'

'Liar!'

'No, you are, you just haven't found the right person to fall in love with yet.'

Khanak looked into his eyes with a longing he hadn't seen in them ever, like she was torn between choices, but she looked away soon, for him to be sure of what he had seen.

'Well, it is never too soon, to try and improve yourself, is it now?' she said with a smile, 'and she wanted me to be not afraid right?'

'Yes, and I have the perfect way, for you break out and do things you are afraid from, or have just not done yet.'

'what do you mean?'

'wait here,' he stood up and walked out of the apartment.

'Khandelwal!' she called out for him, after a minute passed.

He came in holding the same silver paper wrapped present he had gotten her.

'Khandelwal, I didn't mean I would change my rules.'

'Khanak, you need to open this, trust me and this is more to do with what you said right now, than you stupid rules, trust me, open it.'

He kept the wrapped book in her lap, as he sat next to her.

She looked at him, 'this better be good.'

'It'll be.'

She eyed him for a second, before she started un-wrapping the book.

'Oh my god!'

'Told you.'

'You said it was a classic!'

'Well, I told you I love her, and well, I think she is better than Charles dickens so...'

Khanak smiled as she held the third and last book her mother had written, the cover was a little faded, but her mother's name still shone, 'the mother I am, by Naina. K. Kapoor' she read the title.

'It is beautiful, still makes me want to go and hug my mother, every time I read it.' Shantanu said with a smile, 'when you told me your mother's name in that ball, I figured, perhaps a part the story, was her message to you. And then when I was in London, in a book store I saw the book, and well, checked the first page, for any dedication, and then I knew I was right. Open it, read the dedication.' He urged her.

Khanak opened the book and read it; her eyes swelled with tears as she said it out loud, 'to my daughter, hopefully I- I can explain how much I love you...'

'You know the story?'

'No, I never asked anyone and never opened any book by her to know anything.'

'It is a story of a mother's decision to leave her daughter, because she felt that was the way she can save her daughter, give her happiness... but of course the mother and daughter meet in the end, make amend. The reason she left her daughter was different and she doesn't kill herself.'

Khanak wrapped her arms around Shaan's neck and cried into his chest, he held her tight. He kissed her head, and told her to take deep breaths.

'I have another happy memory of her and me' she said.

'what is that?'

'We used to dance, just you know, dance like we are crazy and without a care in the world... jump around the house, it used to be beautiful...'

'that is really a fantastic idea!'

'for what?'

'for...' he got up and turned on the CD player.

'No, Shaan I am not in a mood, please...'

'Oh come on Kapoor! Don't be a spoil sport! He extended his arm, come on, you know this is your favourite song,' he took a step toward her, 'you know you can't resist it, you love dancing...'

'No, I am too busy sulking, and crying and being miserable, to get off my ass and dance.'

Shantanu ran to her and picked her up in his arms, 'no problem, I will do the honours of getting you off your ass!'

'Shantanu Khandelwal put me down!'

'Khanak Kapoor, I will only if you promise you will dance!'

'Fine!' she said laughing.

Shantanu gently put her down on her feet and they both danced like crazy, jumping around the room.

Khanak hugged him as a slow song began, they swayed together, before Khanak finally spoke.

'Thanks Khandelwal, for being here for me.'

'I am here, and always will be...' he whispered to Khanak, as he buried his face in her hair.

'I know Khandelwal, and I love you for this, for everything...' she whispered to him, as she hugged him tighter.

Shantanu felt her breath on his neck, a tingling sensation went up his spine, as he held her tighter, he smiled, as he answered her in his mind- I love you too Khanak, I love you more than life...

He was lost in his thoughts, when Khanak asked him.

'Khandelwal have I ever told you something?'

'what?' he asked, as he looked down at her.

'that you are best.'

'you might have mentioned it a few times.'

'well I actually do mean it this time.'

'so you didn't before?'

'that is for me to know, and you to figure out,' she said with a wink.

'are you flirting with me Kapoor?'

'I might be.'

He smiled, 'well, you know what goes best with flirting ?'

'what?'

'scotch. Want some?'

Khanak smiled, 'pour away Khandelwal!'

They both hugged again, before Shantanu went to his place to get the scotch.

Khanak sat on the sofa and looked at her mother's letter, she picked it up with a smile, 'love you maa.'

~*~*~*~
priya_cool_123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

PD * hugs*

What an awesome update!!

Loved Khanak and her mom s picnic... very touchy and heartfelt and soothing and different... and loved her dad s reaction to it.. natural.

Omg.. Shaan actually planned to gift Khanak her mother s book... that was so cute and what a way to begin breaking the rules....

The dedication was emotional and awesome.... loved it.. could actually feel the emotions....

The wild dance... i can so relate to it.... Two friends take off and dance like crazy....

The hug and the flirting..What do i have to say abt it... They do that best.. ahem ahem and u write it best ( i did try.. but u r simply the best )

Thanks for putting Coco aka Lucy s pic...She so cute....

So when is the next update coming... cant wait to see how things shape up

Hope u had a nice time on ur mom s b day...

Love u
Priya

Ps.. oh i had to type it the second time.. my first post went missing....
Edited by priya_cool_123 - 13 years ago
Yasharanrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
pooh u rock yaar.seriously.its amazing.short but cute n sweet......
OlicityFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

waitin for shaan-khanak and shaan's partner in crime..............SCOTCH!!

thnx for the PM PD!

Bravehearts thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
pooja ill read it later btw aaj ka bich ka precap dekha ull seriously die it was all the way yashran☺️
destinylove thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanx for the pm pooja!!

and loved the update it is realy getting damn good now !!!happy belated birthday wishes to ur mom!!
Edited by sshriyaa84 - 13 years ago
-YasharanArshi- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
To get full effect of this part ... I re-read the previous part containing the letter ..... And now the post-letter Shanak moments !!!!

Pooooja - You did it .... You made me cry ...  But i love you manifold for giving us all Dostana ..... Thankyoooo for writing this FF !!!!!

I just dont know how to express the pain and the happiness together !!!!!
Will edit and add more when i can get words for this lovely Shanak Story !!!!!!