misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Helooooooooo Chunnu Munnu...πŸ˜ƒ.....excuse me please. πŸ˜› I know the pain in the wrong side of the body is back........😳....but you know me na.......😳😳...but I have some questions.......

1) Does Radhika have a split personality? Does she take her cues regarding her behaviour from her father? Well she is outgoing with elders and with other kids when she is either alone or when her father is smiling. When her father looks down she looks down. The people with whom her father is quiet (the mother) she is quiet too. I read that you all have done loads of research and by that I am expecting you to do research regarding what Radha was in real life and not just the CB forum in IF.......As far as I am aware Radha was not meek, she had the guts to stick her finger at society. Now if she is quiet because her father is quiet ....because she thinks that this family has given her shelter and thats why she has to listen and accept whatever the mother is saying then how is this Radhika different from the one in CB1. Please don't tell me that this one has inner strength.... because the other one also had that. I don't know what you are going to show in future but on the basis of the past two episodes this is what I am getting from you. Yeh yeh I know she goes to school while the other one did not..she wants to be radha that means she has dreams...and until now she has not cried.πŸ€”

2) Radhikas foster father........now here he does stuff to make Radhika happy.......he does go against his wife and take Radhika for morning pooja.........he does gently ridicule his wife..........but since Radhikas reaction in the family depends on his reactions (thats what you are showing me) shouldn't he be playing an important and active role in building her nature? Or is this something you have planned for the future episodes that the mother and his birth daughter does something that wakes up the father and makes him realise that just by gently ridiculing his shrew of a wife everything will not be ok. That he has a much larger role in Radhikas life.

3) Radhikas foster mother...........can you please tone her down a bit? Why is she talking like amma?....she even speaks almost the same dialogues as amma of CB1. Can u please differentiate her from amma of CB1?

4)Radhikas sister- She wants what Radhika has..........and she wants just because of that reason. Am I seeing Tapu of Uttaran here?

5) Now comes to the most interesting character for me in this family who has the potential to be someone quiet interesting....Radhikas brother. He takea emmense pleasure in winding up his mother and birth sister........I think he has affection for Radhika because yesterday the mother did refer to Radhika as your sister which she has not done while talking to the daughter. Also this rascal (in a nice way.......kinds of reminds me of another rascal😳)  was smirking when his mother realised that Radhika has done all the work and so she cannot tell her off on the basis of that reason. Lets see if he is going to be developed as a character who might not show that he is Radhikas friends but who is actually Radhikas ally.......a fact that Radhika will also know.

On another note.......its good that there are lots of characters but the truth is they will only help if all the characters are developed well and have their stories with Radhika and Dev in the centre. So the potential is there.....it now depends on whether the potential will be used by you or not.

I have not talked about Dev because I need to see his interaction with his family and not just Radhika.......because there lies the basis of this characterisation or nature.

Lastly........the eldest son of the Purohits sprouts poetry at the drop of a hat! Interesting and touche.... πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
πŸ˜†Edited by misti73 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: misti73

Helooooooooo Chunnu Munnu...πŸ˜ƒ.....excuse me please. πŸ˜› I know the pain in the wrong side of the body is back........😳....but you know me na.......😳😳...but I have some questions.......

1) Does Radhika have a split personality? Does she take her cues regarding her behaviour from her father? Well she is outgoing with elders and with other kids when she is either alone or when her father is smiling. When her father looks down she looks down. The people with whom her father is quiet (the mother) she is quiet too. I read that you all have done loads of research and by that I am expecting you to do research regarding what Radha was in real life and not just the CB forum in IF.......As far as I am aware Radha was not meek, she had the guts to stick her finger at society. Now if she is quiet because her father is quiet ....because she thinks that this family has given her shelter and thats why she has to listen and accept whatever the mother is saying then how is this Radhika different from the one in CB1. Please don't tell me that this one has inner strength.... because the other one also had that. I don't know what you are going to show in future but on the basis of the past two episodes this is what I am getting from you. Yeh yeh I know she goes to school while the other one did not.....and until now she has not cried.πŸ€”

Misti, thanks for the post.  Didn't want to write my comments unless I get brickbats.  But πŸ‘  Feeling as if I am watching the childhood of Radhika of CB1. 
2) Radhikas foster father........now here he does stuff to make Radhika happy.......he does go against his wife and take Radhika for morning pooja.........he does gently ridicule his wife..........but since Radhikas reaction in the family depends on his reactions (thats what you are showing me) shouldn't he be playing an important and active role in building her nature? Or is this something you have planned for the future episodes that the mother and his birth daughter does something that wakes up the father and makes him realise that just by gently ridiculing his shrew of a wife everything will not be ok. That he has a much larger role in Radhikas life.
What is the weak father in these shows.  Are you copying Shastriji plus Damodar from PR. 
3) Radhikas foster mother...........can you please tone her down a bit? Why is she talking like amma?....she even speaks almost the same dialogues as amma of CB1. Can u please differentiate her from amma of CB1?
Like the look of Radhika's mother in terms of costume and facial expressions.  Kind of suit a sort of trashy poor mother.  But,  have to agree with the dialogues etc.  Can you not show some greyness here and not make totally evil?
4)Radhikas sister- She wants what Radhika has..........and she wants just because of that reason. Am I seeing Tapu of Uttaran here?
Seems both Tapu and Vishaka combo to me.  So, interest at all in this character.  Plus snatching dialogue from the father. 
5) Now comes to the most interesting character for me in this family who has the potential to be someone quiet interesting....Radhikas brother. He takea emmense pleasure in winding up his mother and birth sister........I think he has affection for Radhika because yesterday the mother did refer to Radhika as your sister which she has not done while talking to the daughter. Also this rascal (in a nice way.......kinds of reminds me of another rascal😳)  was smirking when his mother realised that Radhika has done all the work and so she cannot tell her off on the basis of that reason. Lets see if he is going to be developed as a character who might not show that he is Radhikas friends but who is actually Radhikas ally.......a fact that Radhika will also know.
Brother was a breath of fresh air.  Clever but more human.  Looks like a smart Nandu to me.  Would like to see more details for this character.
On another note.......its good that there are lots of characters but the truth is they will only help if all the characters are developed well and have their stories with Radhika and Dev in the centre. So the potential is there.....it now depends on whether the potential will be used by you or not.
The potential is there on both sides as they introduced a lot of characters.  Hope they show that it is different and give them side stories.  I am interested in that devrani and her daughter.  Is she a widow?  Would be nice to see some development there.

Also,  is Virat more like Apoorva's character of Pardes and Rohan more like Abhishek's character of that silly Rajsri movies.  One who is supposed to marry the person but sends his servant cum best friend and the leads fall in love.  Again would like to complexity rather than one dimensional stuff.
I have not talked about Dev because I need to see his interaction with his family and not just Radhika.......because there lies the basis of this characterisation or nature.

Lastly........the eldest son of the Purohits sprouts poetry at the drop of a hat! Interesting and touche.... πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
πŸ˜†

But, the story in terms of everything seems to be same.  RP controls the wealth.  So, am assuming that chota beta would be appointed that?  Question is who is the chota beta?  Rohan or Dev?  Reserving judgment on poetry spouting bada beta.  It seems that he is sarcastic in a good sense or will he turn out to be male Deepika after few episodes?
misti73 thumbnail

But, the story in terms of everything seems to be same.  RP controls the wealth.  So, am assuming that chota beta would be appointed that?  Question is who is the chota beta?  Rohan or Dev?  Reserving judgment on poetry spouting bada beta.  It seems that he is sarcastic in a good sense or will he turn out to be male Deepika after few episodes?

Lets see what the dynamics are there in that family.

Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Misti,  very good analysis so far. 
As far as Radhika going to school is concerned, they are showing it here because father is a weaver and not a priest.  So, in CB1  Shastriji trained Radhika in scriptures and other stuff that she needed to be a Rajpurohitain.  Here, Gurukul is doing that.  That's why the family would consider her for Mrs. RP position. 

So, it did not seem to me that they were giving her special rights.   She seems like old Radhika to me in every sense.  The character of the father is also somewhat similar.  It is good to see a bond and here the bond is not that of an expectation which they showed between Radhika and Shastriji where Shastriji wanted her to be a perfect child and she tried to do that.  I like it that they are showing a father to give equal money to an adopted daughter and wants her to enjoy life.  So, maybe that's where the confidence is coming from.

But,  a weak father who can not speak at home is a tiresome creature for me.  Hope they evolve the father's character more.  I agree he is brilliant.  I saw him in Agle Janam and Lagaan and he is really good.  Hope to see more of that.

I actually also liked the actress who is playing the mother.  Except for the typical dialogues and behavior, overall she is good and looks different from Devki and Amma combo.  Now only don't make her one type of evil where her hatred is concentrated on Radhika.  Show a reason behind her behavior.  Hopefully they will evolve her too once Radhika's background is disclosed properly.

As far as the sister is concerned,  I forgot about Vishaka in the first year.   Actually that was the reason for liking the story that Vishaka just did not automatically go for things that Radhika wanted.  She was nice to Radhika when it suited her needs.  Yeah,  she is all Tappu and that makes her very boring for me because that type of behavior is too extreme.   Seen it too many times and not interested in it at all.

But don't want to see Radhika covering up for the sister and mother's crimes the way she did last time.  Show her with more human reactions rather than making her maahan.
Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
You people have very well analyzed  the characters....As for her mother is concerned, should not necessarily  be so loud...For one thing ,  atleast she is not making weird faces while saying her lines...Radhika is quite  only at home. ...Here i think Dev will be the quite one and Radhika will be going after him as you can guess from the promos....That,s why Radhika will be outspoken in expressing her feelings to Dev just opposite of the CB1....Whatever negativity or loud behaviour they show , there should be reason for that....As for Gopi desai is concerned she is quite good in positive role....I
bee5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

1) Does Radhika have a split personality? Does she take her cues regarding her behaviour from her father? Well she is outgoing with elders and with other kids when she is either alone or when her father is smiling. When her father looks down she looks down. The people with whom her father is quiet (the mother) she is quiet too. I read that you all have done loads of research and by that I am expecting you to do research regarding what Radha was in real life and not just the CB forum in IF.......As far as I am aware Radha was not meek, she had the guts to stick her finger at society. Now if she is quiet because her father is quiet ....because she thinks that this family has given her shelter and thats why she has to listen and accept whatever the mother is saying then how is this Radhika different from the one in CB1. Please don't tell me that this one has inner strength.... because the other one also had that. I don't know what you are going to show in future but on the basis of the past two episodes this is what I am getting from you. Yeh yeh I know she goes to school while the other one did not..she wants to be radha that means she has dreams...and until now she has not cried.πŸ€”

πŸ˜†

Hi Mishti,

Glad found the thread this time with no issues.

And wow!!! Already such deep analysis from just 2 episodes? Great!

Some of the questions you had, I too had from the 0.5 episode of episode 1, I watched. 

The new Radhika looked exactly same of CB1 characterization wise. Nothing new.
The new father was Shastriji + little of Damodar of PR.

As Angie said, the look of the new mother was apt, but for me, she looked like a "pinching" person .. someone who always has thorns on her body.

The new sister was again similar to CB1. I haven't watched Uttaran, but this one similar to Vishaka lazy, selfish and will-not-share anything kind.

There is new brother - the saving grace.

Mishti, why no mention of Daayi ma? For me she was like a karela-ka-juice vomiting honey. (That is how the character was coming across for me).

Oh there is a kavita-narrating character.. will catch him if i watch today's episode. (The 0.5 1st episode was enough for me to put me off.)
Devika. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

1) Does Radhika have a split personality?

Misti, I wish to see the real Radha ( as they from the Cb-1) here in Radhika's charactor. I mean her love for Kanha or may be Dev.  There she was silent, and tolerent and hiding her love even after marriage. But real Radha as you mentioned is outspoken in terms of her love for her Kanha. So if they show Radhika that way, then that will be the big difference in her charactor. her love for Dev. 
 Regarding her silence to her mother's abuse, i hink it is better not to speak out, or keep urself deaf  when  that  empty pot make the soundsπŸ˜‰  because she is not going to  keep her mouth shout till the end of this drama. so go deaf dear , i mean Radhika and her dad...πŸ˜† we know how much our Cv team love those charactors.....

2) Radhikas foster father........now here he does stuff to make Radhika happy.......he does go against his wife and take Radhika for morning pooja.........he does gently ridicule his wife..........but since Radhikas reaction in the family depends on his reactions (thats what you are showing me) shouldn't he be playing an important and active role in building her nature?
Great question . soemthing needs to be answered may eb at the end of this season. ha ha.. because so called wise Sathriji had split personality. sometimes i thought now he is come up with strong personality, the next minute he go dumb in front of amma and look so pathetically at the camera , saying what can i do now???πŸ˜• so her father's charactor is in question??????

amma was old wearing a white shade saree, here she open her mouth more widely showing her all shiny teeth out to bring all the loudness out.  tone her down is a big question, becuase Cv love them so much. I also thought why she needs to shout like that. may eb copying the charactor from aamir's movie. but anyway i also have 0 tolerance, but i prefer to deak in her talk.Tongue

i don't know uttaran, arre yaar, i can't tolerate one, how you are tolerating so many yaar. after seeing today's episode, she looks like more sharper than that foster mother. FM has to say somehting out, and  there she goes, such a tender age, but showed very badly. she is not a gray charactor, she is totally negative from her childhood .. why??? because Cv team love it.

Exactly dear. now they have a very good framework. instead of concentrating those negative dialogues, I wish, i pray,  them to concentrate on positivity with this season, spread that positive energy  among the people. let the negative charactors be there, instead of weaving the main htread on them, they have to bring that when it is needed , only when needed , they don't need to fill all episodes.....  

πŸ˜†

thanks.. nice questions o share....
misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: why3

Misti,  very good analysis so far. 

As far as Radhika going to school is concerned, they are showing it here because father is a weaver and not a priest.  So, in CB1  Shastriji trained Radhika in scriptures and other stuff that she needed to be a Rajpurohitain.  Here, Gurukul is doing that.  That's why the family would consider her for Mrs. RP position. 

So, it did not seem to me that they were giving her special rights.   She seems like old Radhika to me in every sense.  The character of the father is also somewhat similar.  It is good to see a bond and here the bond is not that of an expectation which they showed between Radhika and Shastriji where Shastriji wanted her to be a perfect child and she tried to do that.  I like it that they are showing a father to give equal money to an adopted daughter and wants her to enjoy life.  So, maybe that's where the confidence is coming from.

But,  a weak father who can not speak at home is a tiresome creature for me.  Hope they evolve the father's character more.  I agree he is brilliant.  I saw him in Agle Janam and Lagaan and he is really good.  Hope to see more of that.

I actually also liked the actress who is playing the mother.  Except for the typical dialogues and behavior, overall she is good and looks different from Devki and Amma combo.  Now only don't make her one type of evil where her hatred is concentrated on Radhika.  Show a reason behind her behavior.  Hopefully they will evolve her too once Radhika's background is disclosed properly.

As far as the sister is concerned,  I forgot about Vishaka in the first year.   Actually that was the reason for liking the story that Vishaka just did not automatically go for things that Radhika wanted.  She was nice to Radhika when it suited her needs.  Yeah,  she is all Tappu and that makes her very boring for me because that type of behavior is too extreme.   Seen it too many times and not interested in it at all.

But don't want to see Radhika covering up for the sister and mother's crimes the way she did last time.  Show her with more human reactions rather than making her maahan.

Angie your reasoning regarding Radhika going to school is right and I would like a dialogue from the father explaining that ......something like he wants his adopted daughter to have all the stuff that she would have got if her birth parents were with her.....they are yet to show if the foster sister goes to school......if she does not because the father does not have a enough money then that might explain the mothers bitterness. Similar to you I also want to know whether there is a reason behind the mothers negative nature.....that is why Radhikas birth truth is needed. I mean what were the circumstances under which Radhika was adopted for the mother to have such negative feelings towards her. She does take care of her own children...it is only Radhika on whom she is angry at. What did she loose by bringing in Radhika into this family. If they are showing her like this then they should also give her reasons behind her actions. I have no problems with the actress who is playing this role......I just want to know the reasons behind her actions.

Before you mentioned about Damobaba from PR and I am seeing Tapu from Uttaran....Now I am wondering whether the fact that both of us have spoken about Uttaran being inspired from CB1 but with better writers and PRs once upon a time strong screenplay..........is it possible that the CB2 creative team have taken it as we want to see Uttaran and PR in CB2.......Heck! Then Kanha can also not save us.....I also mentioned Hasratein and Banegi apni baat.........Hasratein was about extramarital affair!!! Creatives those serials were meant as examples and I do not want to see them in CB2..........I want CB2 to be unique. 

The movie that you mentioned is most probably main prem ki deewani hoon or something liked that..........That movie was a remake of an older Rajsri movie called Chitchor with Amol Parlekar enacting the role of Hritik, Zarina Wahab in Kareenas role and Vijayendra Ghatke in Abhisek Bachans role......Chitchor was good and far better than the later version. There too this guy comes in place of the actual person and falls in love with this girl.......Zarina Wahab played a very confident girl......her own birth mother used to shout ather and she had a I don't care attitude......she did exactly what she wanted and she chased after the character enacted by Amol Parlekar.
Edited by misti73 - 13 years ago
misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: neerjashingla

You people have very well analyzed  the characters....As for her mother is concerned, should not necessarily  be so loud...For one thing ,  atleast she is not making weird faces while saying her lines...Radhika is quite  only at home. ...Here i think Dev will be the quite one and Radhika will be going after him as you can guess from the promos....That,s why Radhika will be outspoken in expressing her feelings to Dev just opposite of the CB1....Whatever negativity or loud behaviour they show , there should be reason for that....As for Gopi desai is concerned she is quite good in positive role....I

Extreme negativity usually has a reason behind it and that is why the POV of the negative character needs to be shown. That is if they want to keep the show logical but if they again want to artificially bring in melodrama then that is another matter.As for out spoken......what is the use of being outspoken to Dev when she is quiet and meek in front of others. Whatever I have written regarding Radhika is what I have seen in the first two episodes..........she might become completely outspoken later on....but that is in the future.........Just by them telling me via different media outlets that Radhika is outspoken and now not taking care of her character development is an example of lazy writing. The onus of explaining a character through screenplay is on the writers and not on the audience.As for Gopi Desai she is giving me creeps and all the time I am expecting her to either push young Dev into water or set the stage on fire. 
misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: bee5

Hi Mishti,

Glad found the thread this time with no issues.

And wow!!! Already such deep analysis from just 2 episodes? Great!

Some of the questions you had, I too had from the 0.5 episode of episode 1, I watched. 

The new Radhika looked exactly same of CB1 characterization wise. Nothing new.
The new father was Shastriji + little of Damodar of PR.

As Angie said, the look of the new mother was apt, but for me, she looked like a "pinching" person .. someone who always has thorns on her body.

The new sister was again similar to CB1. I haven't watched Uttaran, but this one similar to Vishaka lazy, selfish and will-not-share anything kind.

There is new brother - the saving grace.

Mishti, why no mention of Daayi ma? For me she was like a karela-ka-juice vomiting honey. (That is how the character was coming across for me).

Oh there is a kavita-narrating character.. will catch him if i watch today's episode. (The 0.5 1st episode was enough for me to put me off.)

Sorry Bee I posted the thread a bit late today. I was completely swamped at work and could not find time to write anything. Yeh I am guilty as charged regarding analysis....well thats how my brain is wired.😳  Thanks for your view and you have also seen Damo baba in Radhikas father. Do read my reply to Angies post......you might something interesting. As for the daima........Bee I am trying to act as if she does not exist......but failing. Whenever she smiles it reminds me of her smiling and taking the diya, setting the house on fire and then smiling when she realizes that Radhika is inside...yesterday I kept on expecting her to push the little boy in the river........and today I thought that she will set the stage on fire.     
Edited by misti73 - 13 years ago
1 2 3
Next