What kind of banner do you want for our forum?

Poll Question :

Please read my post first and then vote!

Poll Choice
Banner with ONLY God paintings
Banner with ONLY mytho show pics
Banner with BOTH mytho show pics and God paintings
Login To Vote
Posted: 13 years ago
Okay guys,

Because of the ideas people have been sharing in this thread regarding a banner for this forum:http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1612529, we have come to a decision that a poll would be the best way to decide what kind of banner the majority of members in this forum would be pleased by.

1. Banner with ONLY God paintings

For this choice, members will merge paintings of all the different Gods into one banner so that no member of any mythological show gets offended/disappointed that their fav show is not being represented enough.

2. Banner with ONLY mytho show pics

For this choice, members participating in the contest will be required to include TWO actors from the following mythos:

Ramayan (old and new)
Krishna (old and new)
Mahabharat (BRC)
Om Namah Shivaye

The list was based on what mythos the members of this forum love the best, but if I have left out a mytho or two which people would like to see represented in the banner, please tell us.

The two actors you include from each mytho are up to you, but we recommend that you show a diversity in the characters so that at least most of the characters of our puranas are presented and not the same main characters are repeated over and over. So, instead of having about 3-4 Rams and Shyams only, choose one Ram from one show, one Sita from another, one Lakshman from another, etc....or Ram and Lakshman from one show, Sita and Hanuman from another, etc...same for Krishna, Mahabharat, ONS, etc. Show a diversity in the characters so that character-wise (leaving the actors out of it), Ram, Lakshman, Sita, Hanuman, Ravan, Devaki, Vasudev, Nand, Yashoda, Kans, Krishna, Shiva, Parvati, Ganesh, etc are all shown instead of the same characters (though different actors) being repeated.

3. Banner with both mytho show pics and God paintings

This is going to be slightly tough, but if this option is chosen, only one actor from each show will be represented on the banner along with an equal amount of God paintings.

So..............what do you guys think?
Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 13 years ago
Ooooh never thought of the combo idea 🤓 That would be challenging but cool, much more flexible in terms of who can be included (choosing one pic means we can have one lead from one show and one lead from its remake) so the entries will be more varied and interesting. And of course, it best represents the mixed nature of discussions we enjoy here.
I support Lola. Our Forum is the place of discussion about both of Mytho shows & Scriptures. So we should not eliminate anyone of them. I can guess that it will not be easy to blend so many pictures, but I think we should try for making it! As we love our Forum, we are ready to do this hard task, isn't it?
Besides, we should keep in mind that people who don't know about our Forum, they should realize the aim of our Forum just looking at the banner. So the banner must contain both of God pictures & pictures of actors from Mytho shows.
Edited by Urmila11 - 13 years ago
I am also for the combo idea.👏 I have voted for the 3rd one. And I would just like to qualify Janaki's post to suggest here also the same thing which I have mentioned in the suggestion thread that repeat of Krishna should be or may be exception. Not because I am devotee of Krishna. I am also equal devotee of Ram and Hanuman. But because Krishna is probably the only form of God whose different stages of life have significance in terms of number of stories and different diversified devotees - with butter, flute and Sudarshan. As per my choice - 1 Ram, 2 or 3 Krishna, 1 Hanuman, 1 Shiv, No Vishnu, No Brahma.Edited by ShivangBuch - 13 years ago
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Okay guys,

Because of the ideas people have been sharing in this thread regarding a banner for this forum:https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1612529, we have come to a decision that a poll would be the best way to decide what kind of banner the majority of members in this forum would be pleased by.

1. Banner with ONLY God paintings

For this choice, members will merge paintings of all the different Gods into one banner so that no member of any mythological show gets offended/disappointed that their fav show is not being represented enough.

2. Banner with ONLY mytho show pics

For this choice, members participating in the contest will be required to include TWO actors from the following mythos:

Ramayan (old and new)
Krishna (old and new)
Mahabharat (BRC)
Om Namah Shivaye

The list was based on what mythos the members of this forum love the best, but if I have left out a mytho or two which people would like to see represented in the banner, please tell us.

The two actors you include from each mytho are up to you, but we recommend that you show a diversity in the characters so that at least most of the characters of our puranas are presented and not the same main characters are repeated over and over. So, instead of having about 3-4 Rams and Shyams only, choose one Ram from one show, one Sita from another, one Lakshman from another, etc....or Ram and Lakshman from one show, Sita and Hanuman from another, etc...same for Krishna, Mahabharat, ONS, etc. Show a diversity in the characters so that character-wise (leaving the actors out of it), Ram, Lakshman, Sita, Hanuman, Ravan, Devaki, Vasudev, Nand, Yashoda, Kans, Krishna, Shiva, Parvati, Ganesh, etc are all shown instead of the same characters (though different actors) being repeated.

3. Banner with both mytho show pics and God paintings

This is going to be slightly tough, but if this option is chosen, only one actor from each show will be represented on the banner along with an equal amount of God paintings.

So..............what do you guys think?

Janu

Seeing your poll gave me another idea, which I spelt here in the original thread in reply to Aishujskfan.  I'd like to see whether that's even an option, and what others think.  Note that  such an animated banner will need to be visible regardless of whether or not one is logged into I-F.

Only thing I'd say here - in your #2 above, why restrict any banner to just 2 pics from any serial?  Instead, what I'd suggest - put together a list of serials that you want to see represented, and put a minimum of 1 character who must appear to represent that serial.  Aside from that, leave it to the discretion  of the creator.  For instance, if we agree that all the trinity members should be represented, then one could take Brahma, Lakshmi-Narayan & Shiva-Parvati all from AS Ramayan, and have them there, while taking Rama-Sita  from RS Ramayan, etc.  As long as the requirement that every serial be represented is  satisfied, we'd all be  happy.

To your above list of serials, I'd add Vishnu-puran & Shiva-puran.

Another suggestion - make a list of characters who absolutely must be there in the banner @ the end.  I suggested the trinity & their consorts as a starting point, others may have other inputs, so by all means, make a list.  Let's come up w/ a list of, say, 10-20 characters who  just have to be there, and then go about defining the banners.

Edited by _Vrish_ - 13 years ago
I love God paintings a lot too, but I think this forum was opened mainly for the discussion of shows so I too would like to use show pics.😳
Just a small request can we have the contest in about 3-4 weeks?? I sound selfish but I dont wanna miss out on partipating or voting.. 😳 sowee to be a pain!
^^ No problem hun, we can wait 😃 Just trying to brainstorm so we can figure out what kind of banner we want since our forum is soooo hatke 😆 If for some reason the contest does get announced sooner, we will surely make the deadline far enough away so that you can both participate and vote.
Thanks alot Lola..
Actually I am flying out Monday to go on holiday for 3 week.. so.. 😳
Thanks again tho! :D
Originally posted by _Sanjana23_

Just a small request can we have the contest in about 3-4 weeks?? I sound selfish but I dont wanna miss out on partipating or voting.. 😳 sowee to be a pain!

Sure hun, we're still only planning and so far the votes all seem too equal to make a decision.😆