IMPORTANT: NEW Note - Please See 6/28/11

-Ami- thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Hey guys. Recently I have been seeing many posts where members are constantly just posting "Thanks for sharing" "Thanks for update" "Thanks" and etc.

Just a reminder that such one liners are NOT allowed onto IF. It will be considered spamming because there are only one liners being posted. If this is all you have to say and post, please try using the   button rather than postings one liners. It'll help cut down the amount of spamming that has been going on.

Also, since most of this happens where there are updates or SBS/SBB updates, instead of posting one liners, use the Like button because it'll then be helpful to see discussions rather than topics flooded with "thanks" and etc.

For now, this is just a warning. Please try to see if you can limit this and use the like button instead of posting one liners.

Thank you.

YRKKH Dev Team.
Edited by -Ami- - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Ami- thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

4/19/11

Hey guys. As of lately I've been seeing around the forum multiple topics on the same discussion/article/video/whatever. Once it has been posted, it should NOT be reposted because all it will do is lead to spamming.

I was gone yesterday and when I come back, I saw multiple topics on the same issue. It makes the forum look messy when there are mostly closed topics due to the fact that there were repeats. All the discussion topics are pushed back because of this.

Please try to make sure and look around the forum to see if there has been something posted on whatever you are posting. It will help muchly to keep our section clean.

Also, another note has to do with the fact on how there are multiple topics on questions. PLEASE use the help desk. YRKKH Query/Help Desk 2 You'll surely find help there. Again, it makes our forum look messy when I have to close all these question topics just because.

I really hope you guys keep track on this please. It will help keep our section clean with open discussions rather than messy with multiple topics closed.

Thank you!!

YRKKH Dev Team.
-Ami- thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
6/29/11

Hey guys! I'm back again to remind you that we want to avoid one liners and posts that just say "thanks for the link", "thanks for the update", "thanks", "thanks 4 update", etc. etc.

If that is all you just want to say, please try to use the like button.  It's there for a reason so that we don't spam over the forum and topics with just small one liners. Yes, such one liners are considered spamming because there is no real discussion going on there; all it is thanking for the update or something else.

Let's please try to refrain from such posts from now on. I know I made this announcement back in February, but I'm noticing again that there are such posts being made once again. It definitely gets annoying that instead of discussions, such posts are noticed. It even tends to push the discussion back a little because those small post sort of dominate a topic and whatnot.

So. Let's all try to make a deal that we'll try to cut back on those one liner posts. If I notice one in a while, I'll try to ignore those, but if I see them repetitively, things will get ugly. Ok. Well not really, but it'll make me upset, and then I'll have to somehow come up with a way to take action against those posts because I've been making this warning for quite a bit of time.

Well, thanks for listening [reading] this guys! I hope you guys all try to follow this from now on.

Thank you!

YRKKH Dev Team.