Saraswati Puja

Posted: 13 years ago

"May Goddess Saraswati,
who is fair like the jasmine-colored moon,
and whose pure white garland is like frosty dew drops;
who is adorned in radiant white attire,
on whose beautiful arm rests the veena,
and whose throne is a white lotus;
who is surrounded and respected by the Gods, protect me.
May you fully remove my lethargy, sluggishness, and ignorance."

Happy Basant Panchami/Saraswati Pooja!

🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗

About the festival:

Vasant Panchami, sometimes referred to as Basant Panchami or Shree Panchami, is a Hindu festival celebrating Saraswati, the goddess of knowledge, music and art. It is celebrated every year of the Indian month Magh (January-February), the first day of spring. Traditionally during this festival children are taught to write their first words; brahmins are fed; ancestor worship (Pitr-tarpan) is performed; the god of love Kamadeva is worshipped; and most educational institutions organise special prayer for Saraswati. The color yellow also plays an important role in this festival, in that people usually wear yellow garments, Saraswati is worshipped dressed in yellow, and yellow sweets are consumed within the families. Children love flying kites. They enjoy the festival with great fun and enthusiasm. Source: Wikipedia.

I wish you and all your family members a very happy Basant Panchami/ Saraswati Pooja. May Goddess Sawaswati shower her blessing upon us all!

🥳        🥳

I am soo excited for this festival as over here it marks the beginning of the Spring celebrations which lasts for about 40 days and ends with Holi. On Basant Panchami day (which is actually tomorrow for us)  the planting of the Holika, a castor oil plant, is done at most mandirs and the festivities begin. We celebrate by singing special songs called 'Chowtaals' at peoples homes, fasting is done etc. etc. The festival culminates when on the night before Holi, the same castor oil tree which was planted on the first night is made the center of a pyre and burnt (thus representing Holika Dahan) and Holi is celebrated. (I hope I explained it clearly to you all) 😳 It's a very auspicious time for everyone! 

How do you all celebrate Basant Panchami?

Edited by Vedo - 13 years ago
I attend a local puja @ my  apartment complex.  A few years ago, did the ceremony of my then 3  year baby doing a ceremonial first writing on a toy writing whiteboard the numbers & letters - just 3 of them.  He's 9 now.

As a kid, attended it regularly in the home of my cousins.  Have lost touch w/ them - don't do it anymore.

But I love the modern day sight of laptops now accompanying books beside the Devi.  Soon enough, we'll see tablets, iPads, iPods-touch, etc all near such  shrines 😆

Prediction: the next gen will be typing the letters A, B, C on laptop keyboards. 😆
Originally posted by _Vrish_

Prediction: the next gen will be typing the letters A, B, C on laptop keyboards. 😆

So true!😆

⭐️May the blessings of Goddess Saraswati be upon all of you!⭐️

Yaa Kunde Dhutu Sharahar Dhavala
Yaa Shubhra Vastra Vruta
Yaa Veena Vara Danda Manditakara
Yaa Shwet Padmasana
Yaa Brahma Chyut Shankara Prakruti Bhir
Devai Sada Vandita
Shyaama Patu Saraswati, Bhagawati, Nishesh Jadyapadha

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF2FDS0yWg8[/YOUTUBE]

Great post 👏 Here's wishing a blessed Saraswati Pooja to all... and there's this blog entry I'd like to share for the occasion on the scriptural origin of Saraswati Maa... enjoy: http://prekshaa.blogspot.com/2010_07_01_archive.html
Would copy-paste it here but there are some mystery fonts my pc won't display in between 😕

Happy Basant Panchami / Saraswati Pooja 

Edited by ...PARiNA... - 13 years ago

Belated Vasant Panchami Wishes to all of you!! 🤗 🤗 

I know I am late in posting here 😳, was busy with Saraswati Puja yesterday, so could not come here. Now, just thought to share the pic with all of you.

(Please bear with me the Quality of this Pic 😳, I clicked and uploaded it myself and don't know how to resize the pictures, so it is like this 😳  😳 )

And Thank you so much Vrish for creating this thread. I am so Happy to post here 😊.

Enjoyed all the posts in this thread! ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Posted: 12 years ago
Unlocked and reglued this thread for the occasion... have a blessed Saraswati Puja all! And tell her to be kind to me like right now-ish... I have a 10pg paper I should be working on and I could really use an intervention from her 😆