Critics' Corner #5-DT Note:Pg36/100

Posted: 13 years ago
For Gaayu:

Odhanians,
We are on to CC # 4! Gosh! Well done you all๐Ÿ‘

This thread has been created with the intention of providing a space for people to air both their appreciation and frustrations with the show, the characters, the actors/acting, writing, direction, etc.... In short, the expectation is that members would go beyond just saying 'today's episode was great' and actually spell out what they liked about the episode. And the same goes for those venting out their disappointment. Explain what disappointed you the most. We want in-depth discussions and detailed analyses.

If you are a budding critic, and have always harboured a desire to become a film/television critic and/or journalist, this space is for you! But before writing, check this article by one of my favorite critics, Baradwaj Rangan of Indian Express:

https://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com/2011/01/08/between-reviews-critical-condition/

It's not easy to be a critic and expect to be taken seriously. So please, kindly use respectful language. Instead of saying 'today's episode was complete crap', phrase it better. Just makes it easier for people to come back again and again and contribute more...No one likes negativity... we have enough of it in life!

p.s - To know more about 'criticism' please check this link on wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism

Links to previous CC threads:

CC # 1

CC #2:

CC # 3:

CC# 4:

CC # 5

Edited by -Veena- - 13 years ago
Will ANYTHING  pass in the pretext of getting to ShaNak scenes?

99% of the story the past week or two has been utterly ridiculous and illogical

Is this what we want in order to get to ShaNak?

Why?

Who asked for this suspension of disbelief and logic?

Us?
When?

I recall us all collectively asking for Dhulwadi, but not THIS

Has there been a more ridiculous, unfocussed, traction less character than Rahul's in any of the soaps youve all watched?

Which guy decimates his friend's marriage and arranges a RV for him to go patch up with her?

What are they trying to prove by giving us a scene where Sam brings Rahul coffee?

They are a couple?

She is delusional and thinks she is also  a K bahu?

They would like to be married but this is the closest they can get to pretending they actually are?

However much his "buddy" is grieving Rahul cannot pass up an opportunity to paw his girlfriend?

They worried so much for their "bud" they didnt return to their homes, but now that they are here might as well pretend to sympathize and utilize that opportunity to make out?

Why is Sam not telling Rahul " I am totally disgusted and feel pukish when I look at you. Not sure why I even thought I loved you. Shaan supported me and gave me a home when I came here. You made an MMS and broke his marriage in exchange"
Edited by aditee - 13 years ago
Good morning/evening

Hope we get to see atleast a precap of the famous "first meeting eye lock" post separation

Originally posted by aditee

Good morning/evening

Hope we get to see atleast a precap of the famous "first meeting eye lock" post separation

bold-yes!That first meeting is what I am waiting for though I have a feeling they will mess it up too!

Will PM u the sig this evening!
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Smitha

No worries yaar
I hear you..... about yet another let down today!๐Ÿ˜ญ

Hi Guys!!

Never have I posted here before coz I rarely watch the epis in full, just some scenes here and there after I read the updates!!:)

But I must entirely agree that this serial is floundering big time!! I guess we have all become so attached to Shanak of the past that we still can watch it..well at least some of us! Hoping against hope that our prayers of a more sensible story line wud be answered!!

I was really angry after the MMS episode that almost nobody had the reaction I had hoped for!! Khanak shud have got really angry and raised hell!!!  But she is back to crying again!! I had some hopes after that scene in the cafe..but looks like to no avail!! Lagta hai ke ajkal jhoote MMS bhejna koi badi baat nahi hai!!! Sab chalta hai!!........

Simi

Edited by simiv - 13 years ago
Hi! Simi
Welcome to CC

Wonderful analysis, fully agree

We hope for sense and sensibility to return also

Just like our Dhulwadi prayers were answered this might be also.............

Thanks Aditee!!:)

Chalo dekhte hain!!......
Feb 5th 2011

SPUNKY Khanak is backkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Such a good episode for a Saturday

Thanks CVs for this manic depressive afflicted show

Highs one day, lows the next! highs again

Wont complain coz, today's show consisted of almost ALL the ingredients we had so desperately been waiting for!

Dhulwadi
The haveli

Mangal Bha
Khanak in a saree

THIS HOLDS SO MUCH PROMISE!

thanks sooooooooooooo much!