Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GodHelpUs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: bDgT

Also, my questions to everyone are follows:

1. Why should we take everything in the context of our own morality?

True. Its human tendency to be limited in our thoughts, especially while sitting judgement on others, our tunnel vision hindering our abilities to look at an issue beyond our own set of perceptions and morality.

2. Is that not a lopsided view and lop-sided argument to judge everything by our own limited knowledge or view or paradigm of morality?

Yes. Indeed 

3. Are we not a product of our environment?

Trusim.

4. So are we not trying to be judge and jury based on our own set of limitations and our own lack of understanding or lack of knowledge?

Yes. It takes a higher consciousness to rescind our own pre- programmed thoughts, keep them aside and cast a subjective look at the world around us.

5. Are we not trying to make everyone live up to our own value system?
Yep. 

6. What if our own value system if flawed or the foundations on which our value system stands are itself flawed?
I wouldn't go to the extent of labeling anyone's value system as flawed, but would put it down to ignorance. One needs to be aware of the basic right to belief, and be able to respect others for their value system or beliefs.

Like in religion. The extremist enforcing laws in say Afghanistan are no more devout than a civilian who is killed in a crossfire. When an arrogant US  deemed it fit that they attack a nation and write itself into history books, a genocide , the world looked on.

So we have Uncle Sam - conceited, believing that they have supreme authority over the RoW and they are convinced they are somehow superior to the rest of the mankind......
We would beg to differ, wouldn't we? So who would bell the cat? Who can hold a handle to them and point just how flawed their belief system is? 
Btw, this is an example merely. No intention of discussing politics in this forum.

-RushTrip- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
reserved will think and write
Soapoperasrfun thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@ Bri, agree with your point.

The biggest limitation and reality is that we all understand things and perceive things within our bounds. There is always an individual understanding of right and wrong depending on our upbringing and environments. Each one of us has an opinion and hence the saying one man's food is another man's poison. Which was really my first point. My opinion is just my perspective. I have nothing against people who have pre-marital sex. I won't shun them from my life, I won't act indifferently towards them. 

Having said that, if I were in Anne's situation, I wouldn't have done it her way. And I don't know anyone who would. So it is hard for me as an individual to accept her actions. 
shadowstreet thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Annie Issue: this track is one track in GHSP I never felt interested but it became so vital so have to talkšŸ˜­

From my POV:

Anie was at fault as she acted iresponsible, played with the trust of her granny & bro, dishonor family reputation. So ya she was at fault. If we give her age as liberty then yes she is 18 but she is from urban society. She spent her life in dormatory. So if her brought up & up bringing was at fault then she wud have made this mistake much earlier, but she didnt. why? bcoz she was not in love. She fall in love with a guy with a very short span of time. This time is not enough to lose virginity. She did the act on the time when she was suppose to be with her bro & would be sis in law. But she spent time with Arjun as she was in love. Love can be displayed manarfully with full romance in crowd too. everyone dont have to get private always in love. She entraped on the time when her family was busy in the biggest ceremony of their life & need her. She very well know how important the day was for her granny & bro. Also she knew it was important for her would be sister in law. but she overlooked everyone & dishonored the trust & freedome her family gave her. So in my opinion she made a serious mistake. every family gave their children some education about moral values, honor of family & respecting family bondage. But she forgot all of them.

Now, another track. what if she gets preggy. I think she should abort. When she will know that Arjun faked with her. She will be shattered at first but her character indicates she will confront Arjun. If Arjun denies or says it was his revange then is there any chance to love him back? I think NO. so why she will keep the baby? unless it is too late to abort she should abort in such case. She is well eduacted urban girl who knows about protection & abortion. So I will go for abortion for her if Arjun finally ditch her.

Here many will compare her with Geet. as both of them were cheated & both are 18. but the case is Geet was cheated but she found it later. She thought she was married & submitted herself to his husband only. Even when she was in love with MSK & about to marry him she never crossed her limit. It happend bcoz she valued her family education which she learnt at early age that human should remain in boundaries in relation. So she maintain it very well. Which Anie failed to maintain.

Geet kept her baby, we know why. After knowing she was preggy she contact Dev, the father of the child. That time she told clearly to her sister that she lost her respect for Dev but she is contacting & meeting him as he is the father of her child. Later when she find out about the whole cheating matter frm NT she was shattered as usual. She was roaming on the road of Amritsar & could not decide what to do. Then she selected what was best she think of. She handover the matter to her God. She asked God to give her solution & God gave her a signal. So she decided to keep the baby. She told her family about her decision. In normal case if her family was polite with her & gave her support to find Dev I think she wud think of the abortion. But what Geet recieve from her family was order after order. At frst they orderd her to marry an NRI & leave country, then when he left her alone her family ordered her to forget him & pretend like an unmarried, they ordered her not to contact law & order & give up the land to MSK. So finally when her family ordered her to abort the child she revolt big time. That was her story. She kept her baby to fight with her family & society & make them understand they were wrong with her. During this period she got emotionally too much attached with her baby as she was alone in her fight. She made the baby as an inspiration of living life & fighting with the society.

So I dont think Geet & Annie's acse is comparable. Geet fought against a system of the society & decided to bring her child in the world. On the other hand Annie made herself entraped to guy whom she was warned too many times & fulfilled her lust in the name of love with him.

So from my POV Annie did wrong. If she gets preggy & Arjun decided to ditch her she should abort. She can also make an example by doing this. once she find out she was trapd she can also show Arjun the door without crying. So the ppl like Arjun will think twice while using a girl as their weapon of revenge.

My last statement is I Love You BrišŸ˜› u always make me proudšŸ‘
Edited by shadowstreet - 13 years ago
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

All walk only on land. Innocence has nothing to do with worldliness or education, but much to do with perspective.  If you perceive world positively then you are may not see the dangers that lurk everywhere.  Even the world weary are not invunerable to a clever criminal.  Love is a fundamental human craving along with hunger and desire.

Childbirth should be a privilige but, nature in its wisdom/unwisdom has made it a right. But, that's ulitmately alright because the weaker the parent, the unlikelier the seed will grow into a tree.  So, society need not worry.  Only the mighty will progress.

Geet was mentally & physically strong though economically weak.  Even with a valient knight at her side it is doubtful her seedling will become a tree.  If it survives then it is indeed mighty. 

Annie's non-existent seedling's survival will likewise depend on its parent(s)' health, economic power, and mental acumen (including choice). Not wholly on her biological capacity to be a carier.   

Education is only relevant as it relates or contributes to economic strength!  As for morality, its written on wateršŸ˜† 

Edited by AnjanaYYZ - 13 years ago
Sujatha.rao thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

On that note Jyo, I don' think even Geet was right in what she did with the baby angle!! Lemme ask you, had she not had a MSK and a job that is secure with MSK where would a 12th educated girl without family and home, give comfort or luxury to a baby? How can she fulfill the baby's basic needs and necessities

On another note, education has nothing to do with being cheated. Let me take the statistics here, there are about 34% of educated women who fall prey to some charlatan or some scheme and combine that with genderless educated - so many people have become victims of financial fraud and so many other frauds in the world if you open any newspaper. In fact more than 50% if you take the housing collapse into consideration.

Totally agree..had made a similar post in the context of Geet sometime ago..in the name of honouring motherhood/womanhood or whatever, aren't we being stripped of our right to choice..why is MTP such a dirty word..doesn't a woman have a right over her own body..why should she have to suffer the outcome of what is best described as a violation..for her consent was obtained on fraudulent grounds..much as I like Geet's positive attitude towards life, I don't think her choice should be hailed nor should she be seen as a role model..this would result in undue pressure on women who may find themselves in similar circumstances..let us not be duped into being emotional fools..let us reassert our right to make an informed choice depending on the circumstances that we may find ourselves in..

Edited by janvis70 - 13 years ago
rickks thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Hey Bri....Loved the Topic...I dont know if what i am gonna state has anything to do with what you have written but this is what i feel

What's the difference between Geet and Ani, except that Geet came from a more conservative family, and her immediate family was present to witness her marriage with Dev, regarding which everything was FAKE and Ani comes from quite a modern upbringing who gets away with what she wants, and did not have any witness at all to the so called marriage with Arjun.

Just compare both the situation the Girls have been inā€¦.You can witness History Repeatā€¦..

The whole Geet-Dev Thing takes place in a matter of 25-27 daysā€¦.

The whole Ani-Arjun matter too takes place in a time frame of 25-27 daysā€¦max 32

Geet was made to believe that Dev truly loves her, he convinces her that he is blessed to get Geet as his partner etc and so She builds up all her FUTURE LIFE based on that only to be shatteredā€¦.

Same happens with Ani; she too is made to believe that she is the center of Arjun's Universeā€¦ that she is the one for him, and so she too dreams of a life with him based on what he saidā€¦will be shattered or not time will show

For Geet she believed that she was married and she was giving herself to her husbandā€¦Was he her husband NO!!!

For Ani she too believed that she was getting married to Arjun and she was giving herself to the one she thought was her life partner her soul mateā€¦.

Both these times the Girls believed that the Guys they were giving their selves to were honest and true to their wordsā€¦..

And so they both have been the Victim of the same, just the motive they were used was different one for self Interest, one for the sake of Revengeā€¦.

What happened with Geet after she finds out Dev cheated her, what she does, how she takes control of her life is what we expect every other woman to do, if they fall prey for the fake marriage and atrocities in the name of family honorā€¦.

What Ani will do when she finds out, she has been used will def be something to watch out forā€¦.

Just because she got intimate with Arjun on the day of her brothers wedding, she is bashed left right and center, I feel that's unfairā€¦.. Its Sad Ki Ani is being treated so rudelyā€¦ā€¦

Both the cases are same, then why was Geet Sympathized and why is Ani scrutinized????

I am not defending Aniā€¦.I really wish she would have boldly said to Arjun ki they can't do thisā€¦..

But at the end of the day she for once just believed and trusted the person she felt was genuinely in love with herā€¦

Love VijišŸ˜Š

MishtyShona thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

On that note Jyo, I don' think even Geet was right in what she did with the baby angle!! Lemme ask you, had she not had a MSK and a job that is secure with MSK where would a 12th educated girl without family and home, give comfort or luxury to a baby? How can she fulfill the baby's basic needs and necessities

This is exactly my point too bri... Geet was lucky to have MSK n a secure job.. Warna, where would she wander bout with a 12th std certificate in delhi... Also wat will she provide to her baby once its born????

Nice topic... detailed write-up coming latter...
MishtyShona thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Viji: Gaffe!!I wanted to say 12th passed!!

Smitha: How many 18 yr. old's the world over who sleep and get pregnant with a one night stand need to go for a pregnancy? I don't think it is necessary for a woman to act all matronly/motherly/mamta etc., to be called a woman or to live her life

I too feel the same... All this is very inspiring from a story/soaps point of view only, not in reality... After the baby is born, ???  She will only get around 4 months of leave... Lets be practical that she will not be given an extended leave coz of her baby...  So wat will she do???? Hire a nany/ leave it at a play school??? I don think she can afford any of it... She cannot sit home n tend the baby coz she has no money... She cannot carry her baby to work too.... So wat will she do... Personally i was not in for the pregnancy part in GHSP... I feel it was not needed atall... The same could be achieved minus the pregnancy factor is wat i felt....
--Nargis-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: rickks

Hey Bri....Loved the Topic...I dont know if what i am gonna state has anything to do with what you have written but this is what i feel

What's the difference between Geet and Ani, except that Geet came from a more conservative family, and her immediate family was present to witness her marriage with Dev, regarding which everything was FAKE and Ani comes from quite a modern upbringing who gets away with what she wants, and did not have any witness at all to the so called marriage with Arjun.

Just compare both the situation the Girls have been in'.You can witness History Repeat'..

The whole Geet-Dev Thing takes place in a matter of 25-27 days'.

The whole Ani-Arjun matter too takes place in a time frame of 25-27 days'max 32

Geet was made to believe that Dev truly loves her, he convinces her that he is blessed to get Geet as his partner etc and so She builds up all her FUTURE LIFE based on that only to be shattered'.

Same happens with Ani; she too is made to believe that she is the center of Arjun's Universe' that she is the one for him, and so she too dreams of a life with him based on what he said'will be shattered or not time will show

For Geet she believed that she was married and she was giving herself to her husband'Was he her husband NO!!!

For Ani she too believed that she was getting married to Arjun and she was giving herself to the one she thought was her life partner her soul mate'.

Both these times the Girls believed that the Guys they were giving their selves to were honest and true to their words'..

And so they both have been the Victim of the same, just the motive they were used was different one for self Interest, one for the sake of Revenge'.

What happened with Geet after she finds out Dev cheated her, what she does, how she takes control of her life is what we expect every other woman to do, if they fall prey for the fake marriage and atrocities in the name of family honor'.

What Ani will do when she finds out, she has been used will def be something to watch out for'.

Just because she got intimate with Arjun on the day of her brothers wedding, she is bashed left right and center, I feel that's unfair'.. Its Sad Ki Ani is being treated so rudely''

Both the cases are same, then why was Geet Sympathized and why is Ani scrutinized????

I am not defending Ani'.I really wish she would have boldly said to Arjun ki they can't do this'..

But at the end of the day she for once just believed and trusted the person she felt was genuinely in love with her'

Love VijišŸ˜Š

Viji....I agree that both girls were WRONGED...there is no doubt about it...but to say that both Geet and Anni behaved the same was is totally untrue.  At the time Geet truly believed (in her eyes and in the eyes of the world, including her family) that she was marrying Dev, and therefore she was his LEGALLY wedded wife.   She slept with him...in full knowledge that she was his wife and that she was doing the duty of a wife.   It was after the fact that she learned that she was deceived and that she was not his LEGAL wife.   In the case of Anne...she knew when she put the varmala on Arjun, that this was a sham of a wedding...it was not done in front of the world or in front of her family.  She knew that this rasam was just a personal ceremony...that after it, she would not be his LEGAL wife.  That is evident, because later on, while decorating Maan's room for suhaag raat...she goes on to say that "ek din mein bhi shaadi karoongi, ek din me aur arjun bhi phere lenge...ek din meri sej be sajegi."  So she is in full knowledge that she slept with Arjun outside the confines of marriage, where as Geet slept with Dev in the full knowledge that she is in the confines of marriage. 

The INTENT for both of the girls was totally different, hence the situation is totally different.  I sympathized and empathized with Geet when she found out that Dev deceived her.....but with  Anne, i sympathize that she has been deceived, but I CANNOT empathize with her, for I would not have done what she did, were i in her situation.

That is the key...we all EMPATHIZE with GEET, but we all cannot EMPATHIZE with Anne.   I hope this made sense.