Woh Rehne Waali Mehlo Ki

Woh Rehne Waali ends tonight

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago
Producer –director Sooraj Barjatya bid farewell to his first TV production, Woh Rehne Wali Mehlon Ki.

Five and a half years have gone by in a wink', he said. "The story changed a couple of times, but Rani(leading lady Reena Kapoor) stuck to her core values. That's what kept the audiences glued to the show."

The director recalls two reasons that led him to start his TV production company, "Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon was a box office disaster. It was an experiment that failed miserably. On other hand, TV was flourishing . My sister Kavita wanted to expand our company's TV production division and so I decided to start off this show because it was a story that had all the core of Rajshri values. Today, Kavita is independently handling the wing and I think she is doing very well."

Speaking on his favourite moments on the show, he says, "Whenever Rani was in dilemma in the show, we showed her opening page of the Ramayana and reading. That page became her solution to any problem. Over the years, many people have written to me saying that page worked for them as well. We introduced it because we practice it very often."

He adds that incorporating things like girl empowerment and saving electricity and power were ways to pass a message to the viewers.

Barjatya now aims to start new show very soon on family values and about this venture he told that, "We owe the Sahara One channel who gave us an opportunity and had never interfered in our scripts so now we are planning to launch a new show on the same channel by end of this year with a new family."

Currently Rajshri's has only one daily soap on Zee TV (Yahaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli)which is doing very well. Don't forget to watch the closing episode of 5 year old Woh Rehne Wali Mehlon Ki...tonight

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Reenatyzed thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
no words to express my feelings😭
saiba007 thumbnail