Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Life comes back full circle for Rani after NOKJ

-Mink- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
January 13, 2011 01:55:31 PM IST
Joginder Tuteja, Glamsham Editorial
It is tough to believe that Rani Mukherjee has now been around for a decade and a half. Even if one remembers hard, the only actresses that come to mind which belong to that era and still remain active are Aishwarya Rai and Kajol. Preity Zinta in the meanwhile has pretty much faded away. One pretty much said the same about Rani as well, especially after THODA PYAAR THODA MAGIC and DIL BOLE HADIPPA. However it is NO ONE KILLED JESSICA which has made one wake up to the powerhouse of a performer that Rani is. Suddenly from 'Rani who?', it is now back to 'Rani wow!'.

view NO ONE KILLED JESSICA stills

One could well have said 'over and out' for Rani but her bravura act in recently released NO ONE KILLED JESSICA proves all over again that she is one woman of substance. Give her a challenging role that doesn't come with the boundaries of hero-heroine naachgaana any more and she would definitely excel. This was pretty much on display in this docudrama which has now become a good success and hence proved beneficial for all associated with it. 

After years, she enjoyed a box office success for herself and hence assured audience that there would be many more movies that she would be seen in. This can pretty much be confirmed from the fact that her next film would be with none other thanAamir Khan (yet untitled film which also features Kareena Kapoor) which could well be a coming back full circle for Rani whose first major film was with the actor in GHULAM. 

What would she do next? One never knows. But rest assured, she would have an innings defined for her on her own terms. She may be the tiniest of all, but she does stand tall even after 15 years.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I'm sorry, Rani who..? 😵
-Mink- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Meena1

I'm sorry, Rani who..? 😵

One Of the lead actress of 2011 Furshht Hit NOKJ😛
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
woohooo. rani, FTW!  the gal deserves this and more. one of the rare actresses in our industry who can actually act. 
Originally posted by: DisneyDudette

One Of the lead actress of 2011 Furshht Hit NOKJ😛

the one thats jumping on cars like an anthropoid..? 😕
Salma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Godd going, I hope preity will be back too.

🥱

when she left cinema, her last few movies were awesome. Her performance in Last Lear, Heaven on earth and heroes were terrific.It's time to see the come back, and atleast have films here and there, otherwise glam dolls who can't do justice for roles which have depth are getting  each and every film.🥱

clars thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

am so happy for Rani ,she deserves all the sucess ,she is power house performer and belives in the Act of acting Rather Than showing her "Jawani"

ladygaga thumbnail
Finally it feels great to hear good things about Rani from media.. Its always good to see a great comeback.
If there is a bit of act in actress, then yes, she definitely deserves the success...I'm a RM fan..

(not really, but I had to say that..you all know why) ðŸ˜†

Originally posted by: Meena1

I'm sorry, Rani who..? 😵

You don't know that shawty?😲

Oooooooooooh Raaaaaniiiiiiiiiiii, Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh Rani.
She must be doing something  to have girls make such wild noise.