Part 168 - pg 63,    Part 169 - pg 67,    Part 170 - pg 70,

Part 171 - pg 73,    Part  172 - pg 77,    Part 173 - pg 81,

Part 174 - pg 83,    Part  175  - pg87,   Part 176 - pg 90,

Part177 -  pg 94,    Part 178 - pg 97,    Part 179 - pg 99,

Part 180 - pg 104,  Part 181 - pg 107,  Part 182 - pg 111,

Part 183 - pg 115,  Part 184 - pg 117,  Part 185 - pg 120,

Part 184 - pg 123,  Part 187 - pg 126,  Part 188 - pg 129,

Part 189 - pg 133,  Part 190 - pg 137,  Part 191 - pg 140,

Part 192 - pg 144,  Part 193 - pg 147,  Part 194 - pg 150.

Part 150

They sat on the steps of the tank, his arm around her waist and her head leaning on his shoulder. Taking his other hand in both hers, she said "Armaan thank you very much for getting me the chance to do internship in MSHC. That's the best gift you could have given me. I'm so happy I can be with you throughout the day now. Just like we were in Sanjeevani." "Sorry to disillusion you Dr. Riddhima, it may not be the same, as here only you'll be an intern and me a Senior doctor." He teased her. Letting go of his hand with a jerk she asked "Oh ya! I forgot that. So you are going to be difficult task master, is it?" "Maybe, maybe not. Depends on how accommodating you are," he said winking at her. She stared at him widening her eyes and slapping his arm asked "accommodative is it? Of course I'll be as accommodative as any other of your interns Dr. Armaan Mallik. I hope there won't be any special demands from my husband, during duty hours."

A: Dirty mind, I never meant anything like that. I have a reputation in the hospital. Only take care you don't spoil my name, by tempting me.

Both of them started laughing when he said that. After spending a few minutes talking about how they would manage their morning routine, once she started the internship, they decided to go home.

As soon as they came out of the temple and she switched on her mobile, it started ringing again. It had been buzzing non-stop from the morning. First her parents wished her and enquired about their plans for the day. Then there were calls from her sister-jeeju, Rahul-Muskaan, Nikki-Abhi, Mini-Gappu, Archana- Kartik, Geeta, Lakshmi, Priya the list was endless. She had spoken to each of them for a few minutes and hung up promising to call them later. She wondered who it was now. Armaan watched her surprised expression as she accepted the call.

R: Hello,

------------------------

R: Thank you. How are you?

-----------------------------

R: Ya I'm doing good.

"Ya he's also fine," she said looking up at Armaan.

--------------------------------

R: Both are fine, the younger one's getting naughtier by the day.

-------------------------------

R: The best gift. Thanks to him my dream of doing internship in MSHC is going to come true.

---------------------------------

R: Yes, absolutely.

R: Ya, sure. You too take care. And thanks a lot for calling. Bye.

Armaan couldn't stand the curiosity as to who it might be. By then they were in the car. He at once asked "Kaun tha?" "Mera boyfriend" she replied tongue in the cheek. "Oh, Rakesh?" he said off handedly which irritated Riddhima. So she shouted at him her eyes blazing with anger, "What do you mean? Rakesh is my boyfriend?" "I didn't, you did" he pointed out finding a chance to irritate her.

R: If I did, how can you be so cool about it? Shouldn't you be wild with anger?

A: Why should I be?

R: you mean you don't mind him being my boyfriend?

A: Why should I? He's just a friend who happens to be a boy. You can't have anyone for a boyfriend, in any other sense. You are doomed with this one in all your future births also. Remember, you just asked the Almighty for that boon a few minutes ago and I'm sure he must have readily granted it.

She smiled at that but wanted to repay him in his own coin. So she said, "My my my. Someone is so over confident. Haven't you heard of things like of extra marital affairs?"

He sobered down immediately, and said "Riddhima, mazak mein bhi aisey mat kaho. I won't have anyone insulting my wife or pointing fingers on her character, not even you." She also sobered immediately. Slipping her arm through his, which was on the gear, and leaning her cheek against it, said "Right, no gandi mazaak, woh bhi Mandir se laute laute. By the way Rakesh asked me to convey his regards to you." He bent his head sideways and laid it on hers, with a smile.

When they reached home, the little one who was eagerly awaiting their arrival, came waddling to the door, hearing the car. Now that he had learnt to walk, it was below his dignity to crawl, even though he would be faster that way. As soon as the door opened, he raised his arms to his mama, who picked him up at once and started cuddling him. Akka came following him and complaining that he wasn't having his vegetable khichdi. When Riddhima took the bowl from her and started feeding him, he pushed it away and started pulling her pallu, asking for her feed.

R: Nahi tum pehle mum mum khalo, phir pilaoongi.

When he shook his head she told him sternly "Phir mama bhi tujhe dudu nahi pilayegi". When there was no comment on that, she turned around looking for Armaan, as she expected him to butt in. But he wasn't in the room. Taking the chance she started feeding Ani forcibly. He started crying loudly and there was tussle between mother and son. Hearing the ruckus Armaan came out.

A: Kya hua? Itna shor kyon macha raha hai?

R: He doesn't want to have food. He only wants to breast feed.

A:Ridhima what's the point in forcing him to have something he doesn't like? Food has to be relished, to be properly absorbed in the body. Forcing it down the throat is useless. Feed him na?

R: He doesn't feel full with my feed now. He starts feeling hungry within half an hour. He wants it only because he finds it easy. I said I would feed him once he finishes this, but he's so adamant he won't even open his mouth.

"Whom has he inherited it from?" he thought to himself, but dared not voice it. As if reading his mind, she immediately said "I know he's taken after me for that. Lekin agar woh ser hai to main uski maa hoon, sawa ser hoon."

Armaan couldn't see the little one crying any longer. "Let me try," he said picking him up. Kissing him and cuddling him he asked "Ani dad ke saath gaadi mein gumma jayega? Hum mama ko nahi le jayenge. Theek hai, main pehle yeh kha leta hoon. Main strong boy ban jaoonga aur gaadi fast chalaonga." When he picked up the bowl and pretended to eat it, the little one immediately shouted, "Ani mum mum" and tried to pull the bowl out of his hand.

Armaan took him to the car and making him sit on the front seat, made him finish the food and then took him on a small round as a bonus. By the time they came back, the little was drowsy and ready for his nap. Soon Akshat also came home from school as he had 'half day'. They all had lunch together, which was again, all her favourite dishes. She remembered how she had relished akka's cooking during her pregnancy. The 'puli inji' 'avial' etc. were all prepared for her today. After a hearty lunch they all had a nap but were woken up soon by Armaan asking them to get ready as they were going to Kochi. But he gave them just half an hour to be ready. When all of them asked why, he said it was a surprise and that all of them should dress well.

An hour later they had all piled into Shafi's van, dressed in their best. Riddhima had guessed that he was taking them to some special place for dinner. But when they went past Kochi, she asked "Armaan, kochi to peeche reh gaya hai. Where are we headed?" Armaan didn't answer at once only asked to keep quiet by putting his index finger on his lips. After a few minutes he took out a scarf from his pocket and said "Riddhima I need to blindfold you now. It's a surprise."

R: There's no need to do that, I promise I'll keep my eyes shut. Or else my eye make-up will smudge.

He agreed to her request and from then on her eyes were closed. The vehicle halted and Akshat was about to scream in delight. But Armaan put his palms against his mouth to silence him. Kaka and akka were smiling silently at Armaan's actions. The only sounds were those made by the little hero who was very excited with the outing. All of them got down one by one. Armaan asked to wait but with her eyes closed, saying he would be back in a minute. Though she was tempted to open her eyes and see, she couldn't break her promise to him.

He came after a few minutes and helped her get down. Riddhima walked a few steps, held tightly by Armaan's arm around her waist.All of a sudden she was swept off her feet. Flusterred by his sudden act, she screamt and opened her eyes. "Riddhima close your eyes and mouth" he admonished her and she obeyed immediately. She hadn't been able to see anything as it was dark all around.

R: Armaan, you scared me. At least you could have told me that you are about to pick me up. Put me down. I'll walk.

He remained silent and continued to walk. She was firghtened, when Armaan became a little unsteady. She was afraid that he might not be able to balance her weight and might fall. "Armaan please mujhe utharo," she requested and surprisingly he obliged at once. He helped her stand upright and then whispered in her ears, "ab aankhen kholo". When she did, she saw the most pretty two tier cake in front of her eyes.

Everything else was absolutely dark. She couldn't understand why she was still swaying. Then she heard a loud chorus "Happy Birthday" and the lights came on. She was shocked to see a big group in front of her, and mainly her parents and her sister. She ran and hugged her maa, her papa and her di. Only after that, she noticed that they were on a houseboat. She then turned round to see all her Chennai friends, Archana, Kartik, Lakshmi and Geeta. She hugged each and everyone and they in return wished her a very happy birthday.

Then turning around she went and hugged Armaan tight saying "Thank you sooo much for this wonderful surprise." He hugged her back with a smile. An unknown gentleman came forward and said "Mam I'm the compeer for this evening's program. Please come cut the cake first."

"Wow! It's so pretty!" she said looking at Armaan. Before she could thank him he indicated towards Anjie with his eyes saying "And the credit for it goes to Anjie. She was the one who ordered it from one of the best bakeries in Kochi and also collected it from there on their way here."

After cutting the cake when she took the first piece towards Armaan's mouth he whispered, "Pehle maa aur papa ko khilao" but she ignored it and pushed the piece into his mouth. He held her hand and breaking half of it, put it in her mouth.

R: Di it's really 'Yummy'.

Then khilaoing her kids, "Yummy hai na shona?" she asked Akshat, to which the younger one was nodding vigorously making everyone around laugh. Then she went round with a plate in her hand, feeding everyone else with small pieces. After feeding her parents, she touched their feet seeking their blessings. Her father blessed her keeping his hand on her head and saying "May you be blessed with everything you deserve, because you deserve much more than what He has given you." She shook her head and said "You are wrong papa, Armaan ko mere zindagi mein wapas laakar God has given me much more than what I deserve."

Placing a beautiful gold bracelet with her name on it, around her wrist, her mother said softly, with tears in her eyes "Maybe its 33 years late, but with loads of love added as interest." Immediately tears filled in Riddhima's eyes also. "Mama aap aisey kyon kehte ho? You came here all the way for my birthday, that's the greatest joy for me. Mujhe aur kuch nahi chahiye."  

P: Every mother gives all she can possibly can and more, for her baby. I'm the only selfish one who gave her away instead.

Riddhima shook her head indicating she shouldn't talk like that.

Anj: Come on Ridzi, humey bhi khilao. Let me see how yummy it is.

Riddhima put a piece in her mouth and then proceeded to feed her friends. Everyone had got her some gift for her. Then the compeer took over and organized a lot of party games on the deck. Everyone was having fun. Armaan went into their room to get sweaters for the kids as it was getting cooler. He was bent over the open bag when he heard the door being latched. He straightened up and was about to turn when she came and hugged him from behind.

Pulling her in front of him he asked "Kya baat hai? Aaj bahut pyaar aa raha hai." She hugged him again and then holding his face in her palms, stood on her toes and  kissed him passionately on his lips. His arms tightened around her waist and her arms moved to encircle his neck as the kiss deepened. Coming up for breath after a few minutes she said "Thank you for this wonderful surprise Armaan. You are the best." "Nothing but the best for the most precious person in my life. But the surprise isn't over yet" he said his eyes gleaming with joy, making her brows rise in surprise.

Edited by ssh57 - 12 years ago
Posted: 13 years ago
CONGRATULATIONS for new thread...

u r awsummm briliant superb fabulous and fantastic...
😛

m commenting for the first time..till now I was only pressing "likes"...LOLL..but today thought of telling u..how much I njoyyy QSS...and luv AR very much ..but I have special ,very special affection for akshat....and I luv ani for his naughtiness.... so many time I feel ..I wish I cud hold him in my arms cuddle him ...ROFL

luv ur each and  every update...😃
Edited by sjain - 13 years ago

I have never commented on QSS but try to catch up with the updates whenever I can. This is such a cute (for luck of a better word) story dealing with day-to-day life of a couple and the ups and downs. Although the character of Armaan is too good to be true, you always manage to keep the story as realistic as possible, which is quite an achievement so thumbs up to you!  

And congratulation on the opening of the 4th thread of this FF, may you open many more :)

Nahida :D

Originally posted by sjain

CONGRATULATIONS for new thread...

u r awsummm briliant superb fabulous and fantastic...
😛

m commenting for the first time..till now I was only pressing "likes"...LOLL..but today thought of telling u..how much I njoyyy QSS...and luv AR very much ..but I have special ,very special affection for akshat....and I luv ani for his naughtiness.... so many time I feel ..I wish I cud hold him in my arms cuddle him ...ROFL

luv ur each and  every update...😃

Oh so it took 4 threads to make you comment????😉😉😆😆😆😆
Thanks a lot for the nice adjectives. Yes the kids are just as adorable as their parents.
Originally posted by khahani

I have never commented on QSS but try to catch up with the updates whenever I can. This is such a cute (for luck of a better word) story dealing with day-to-day life of a couple and the ups and downs. Although the character of Armaan is too good to be true, you always manage to keep the story as realistic as possible, which is quite an achievement so thumbs up to you!  

And congratulation on the opening of the 4th thread of this FF, may you open many more :)

Nahida :D

Hey thread # 4 seems to be lucky for me. It's making some silent readers comment. Glad that you find this ff realistic, because that's how I meant it to be except of course for a couple of characters.
Superb part <3
Armaans love and care for Riddhima and the family leaves me spell bound !
I dont think there can be a Armaan in real ,or atleast I hope there is !
Thanks for the update !

Oh and yes I forgot Congratulations for the 4th thread ! Your story deserves many more 😃
Edited by Ankita.M - 13 years ago
Originally posted by ssh57

Hey thread # 4 seems to be lucky for me. It's making some silent readers comment. Glad that you find this ff realistic, because that's how I meant it to be except of course for a couple of characters.

It's good that more silent readers are commenting because it's the readers encouragement which keeps the writer motivated.

I have to confess something, I absolutely love the way you depict Riddhima's guilt of treating Armaan the way she did and her way of repentance because I was never very fond of Riddhima in Dill Mill Gaye hehee...I know I sound like a sadist😆   

hay congrats 4 ur new thread dear🥳
n this was an amazing birthday surprise 4 ridhima 
n the part was awesome
thanka 4 the pm😛
Edited by amritavasireddy - 13 years ago

hey dear...

congrats on ur 4th thread...also fr 150th part...😊

update is really awesome..loved the way armaan respect ridz self respect...

loved armaan surprises fr ridz

update nxt part soon

love

sania

Edited by saniashzadi_10 - 13 years ago
Hey..
Congrats 4 the new thread n completion of 1 n a half century...
The surprise was so nice..the cake looked dam yummy.. I feel like eating sum 2..
I loved the way arman manipulated ani to feed him his food...
Thanks 4 the pm..
Waiting 4 the other surprise 2..
Continue soon