Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
but then there's a difference between being appreciated, and being nominated for the mainstream best film's category.
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
SLB giving credit to all the movies he has blatantly plagiarized 🀣 
That'll be the day 🀣

Thanks Lensa! ..Dabangg was also well appreciated by critics 😊
petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
oso was a weak film... oh and btw there is a running joke in rediff that raja sen is an SRK fan

he praises SRK movies irrespective of content
lensa i agree ishqiya was overrated...i found it quite boring too at a lot of points...and also...the end just ruined the entire muvie for me...but i liked the filmmakers vision...the performances, the music, the flavour etc...plus the sensibility was new and different...and not to mention bold...which is precisely why i liked kaminey too...it was too wannabe quentin tarantino for me...but i liked the texture of the film and the technical aspects of it, i.e the ones i mentioned above. 
MissIffiy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: bandicoot

πŸ˜†

Okay no offence meant here...

but here is the recipe i heard of... most of the voting population at the kodak theatre are conservative jews who made it big.
the recipe is this
-nothing homosexual(Milk Lost)
-nothing anti-holocaust(Reader lost)
-nothing weird(Benjamin button)
-pro holocaust movies
-super hero movies dont win as well(dark knight)

there was more in the list but i cant remember it off the top of my head

when was the last time a comedy won oscarπŸ˜†

😲 NO COMMENT 
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

πŸ˜†

Okay no offence meant here...

but here is the recipe i heard of... most of the voting population at the kodak theatre are conservative jews who made it big.
the recipe is this
-nothing homosexual(Milk Lost)
-nothing anti-holocaust(Reader lost)
-nothing weird(Benjamin button)
-pro holocaust movies
-super hero movies dont win as well(dark knight)

there was more in the list but i cant remember it off the top of my head

when was the last time a comedy won oscarπŸ˜†

OScars are overrated on this forum πŸ˜† They might be a little better than bollywood awards, but I agree they are also biased towards certain films/genre. lol that's funny no weird films so Benjamin button was out lol..that's funny.
Edited by lensahunte08 - 13 years ago
MissIffiy thumbnail

oso was a weak film... oh and btw there is a running joke in rediff that raja sen is an SRK fan

he praises SRK movies irrespective of content

Congrats to Srk on the nomination then πŸ˜† just kidding but srk should get nominated for MNIK the jury is not deciding who will win the fans are 
petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
arre i read an article which kinda went over the nominations and related it with the voting members of kodak academy..the rpedictions were spot on..slumdog did not deserve the best movie award..but given the economic depression then it was the only movie in the list that had a positive ending and favourable to the voters.

the rules i listed are solely for the best film. im aware ang lee won the best director for brokeback mountain as well
Edited by bandicoot - 13 years ago
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: smarie pants

lensa i agree ishqiya was overrated...i found it quite boring too at a lot of points...and also...the end just ruined the entire muvie for me...but i liked the filmmakers vision...the performances, the music, the flavour etc...plus the sensibility was new and different...and not to mention bold...which is precisely why i liked kaminey too...it was too wannabe quentin tarantino for me...but i liked the texture of the film and the technical aspects of it, i.e the ones i mentioned above. 

Yes totally. I think the director is def talented. I think he is a newcomer. He had a good vision, but fell to make the film entertaining. The film was def interesting but yet still fails to grab your attention at part. And yes the performance was good but not as great as people said it was.
MissIffiy thumbnail

arre i read an article which kinda went over the nominations and related it with the voting members of kodak academy..the rpedictions were spot on..slumdog did not deserve the best movie award..but given the economic depression then it was the only movie in the list that had a positive ending and favourable to the voters.

the awards i listed are solely for the best film. im aware ang lee won the best director for brokeback mountain as well

although from the films nominated that year for Best Picture I only saw Slumdog I was happy it won the film was good so they have issues  in the Best Picture category in others Kate won Heath won & Sean also won