Twi Fi Awards for those sick of other awards - Page 6

Posted: 13 years ago
I would actually like to see something like the Academy Award/Oscar kind of an award happen in Bollywood is that too much to ask for ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Originally posted by lensahunte08

I don't think anyone is saying Housefull deserves an award. We are just saying critics and awards are more biased towards it. And even the audience sometimes.
I was just using Housefull as an example..mostly because it's the only one I have seen this year ๐Ÿ˜† 

Yes critics critics tend to not like comedies that the aam junta watches and turns into an average/hit/blockbuster (Housefull, TMK, Welcome, SIK, etc..) but even they love good comedies. At the end of the day, who wouldn't like to be throroughly entertained and be destressed by a good comedy?

Dabangg, G3 (help me on this) were both well appreciated by critics this year. In the past, Partner, Golmaal, No Entry? (I actually LOVED this movie..was laughing so hard in this one!), Munnabhai series, MHN, OSO, Hera Pheri, AAA, etc. have been appreciated by critics.
Edited by chocolover89 - 13 years ago
Originally posted by MissIffiy

I would actually like to see something like the Academy Award/Oscar kind of an award happen in Bollywood is that too much to ask for ๐Ÿ˜ญ

oscar awards have their own issues..there is actually a joke on a recipe for best movie award..because of the audience who votes for it..๐Ÿ˜†
Originally posted by bandicoot

hey baby was plaigiarised..i dont think plaigiarised movies should be encouraged eithr way

i havent seen no entry or welcome but if it was good, it deserved nominations..

guzaarish was weird and undeserving irrespective of the genre

Guzaarish is also heavily plagiarized.. from what i have heard.. i would be shocked if it wins major awards.
The award people do care about directors who think outside of the box. Last time I checked the film that was appreciated by the critics/audience who say we want good cinema are Udaan, LSD, and ishqiya. I haven't watched Udaan and LSD. But I did watch ishqiya, and to be honest it doesn't deserve all the hype and the appreciation that the critics gave it. Yes it was a different film. The director in the film was def thinking outside of the box because he made a different film from typical bollywood. I watched ishqiya and it was boring as hell and not to mention the film had many flaws. And I bet people think that's good film because it was low budget one, made with a good decent story.
Originally posted by ladygaga

Guzaarish is also heavily plagiarized.. from what i have heard.. i would be shocked if it wins major awards.

phew saawariya is also plaigiarised...SLB just switchd the location๐Ÿ˜ก

ive heard abt the original of guzaarish as well..
i wish slb gives credit๐Ÿ˜•
Originally posted by chocolover89

I was just using Housefull as an example..mostly because it's the only one I have seen this year ๐Ÿ˜† 

Yes critics critics tend to not like comedies that the aam junta watches and turns into an average/hit/blockbuster (Housefull, TMK, Welcome, SIK, etc..) but even they love good comedies. At the end of the day, who wouldn't like to be throroughly entertained and be destressed by a good comedy?

Dabangg, G3 (help me on this) were both well appreciated by critics this year.

I don't know about Dabang. But Yes G3 was appreciated by most critics...trust me it shocked me because they don't like golmaal kind of films.  ๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by lensahunte08 - 13 years ago
Originally posted by bandicoot

oscar awards have their own issues..there is actually a joke on a recipe for best movie award..because of the audience who votes for it..๐Ÿ˜†

Say whatttt  ๐Ÿฅบ  I still appreciate & like watching the Academy Awards though 
Originally posted by MissIffiy

Say whatttt  ๐Ÿฅบ  I still appreciate & like watching the Academy Awards though 

๐Ÿ˜†

Okay no offence meant here...

but here is the recipe i heard of... most of the voting population at the kodak theatre are conservative jews who made it big.
the recipe is this
-nothing homosexual(Milk Lost)
-nothing anti-holocaust(Reader lost)
-nothing weird(Benjamin button)
-pro holocaust movies
-super hero movies dont win as well(dark knight)

there was more in the list but i cant remember it off the top of my head

when was the last time a comedy won oscar๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by smarie pants

yes...in the past, films like anand, khuubsoorat, chupke chupke, hum hain raahi pyaar ke, 3 idiots, lage raho munnabhai, munnabhai mbbs...all won the award for best film...why?? they were actually well made comedies...comedies that got it right...same with biwi no 1, dulhan hum le jaayenge, main hoon naa, OSO,partner, chasmee badoor, chachi 420, jab we met, no entry which recieved nominations for best film....comedy is recognised, if done well.  but it is hard to get them right..and very few films succeed in tht aspect. 

Okay you have a good point there even though I don't think 3 idiots won because of it's comedy. And OSO was not a good comedy. But that's just my opinion. But yes I recall when Munnabhai film won and that's one of my favorite movie that I watch over and over. It was def a well made comedy.
Edited by lensahunte08 - 13 years ago