Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Twi Fi Awards for those sick of other awards

MissIffiy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

http://www.facebook.com/notes/tweeple-film-awards/faq-section/135051743220542

What the hell is Twi Fi Awards?

It's a Tweeple Choice Award ' a truly democratic award that is Of the people, By the people and For the people, to honour the most deserving in Hindi Cinema 2010. It's a movement started by film buffs on Twitter to counter the bullshit that 'Bollywood' film awards are.

Why has it been started?

Twi-Fi Awards came out of a conversation on Twitter between @nikhiltaneja86 and @_sukhi, joined soon by @NBKHoon and @soaham43, who were lamenting about the nominations of the Zee Cine Awards 2010 ' how Golmaal 3 is nominated for Best Movie, Sajid Khan is nominated for Best Director, and Akshay Kumar is nominated for Best Actor. There's no mention of Udaan, Peepli Live, Love Sex Aur Dhokha, Do Dooni Chaar and other great films of 2010 in the nominations! If that doesn't outrage you, well, you shouldn't be on this page.

What do you have against Sajid Khan, Akshay Kumar and Rohit Shetty?

Nothing. We have started these awards for the love of good cinema, and not for the hatred of bad cinema. We just don't think their movies in 2010 deserve to be called 'best' over several others.  

How do the awards work?

The rules and regulations for the awards have come up mostly through discussions on Twitter. What has been decided is: A jury of film critics on Twitter AND film buffs on Twitter (who are nominated by Twitterati) gives their nominations for the Best in the categories. We combine those lists and come up with final nominations. And then ask people to vote for every category for a particular number of days, so we can come up with the winners!

I am a film buff. I want to be on the jury. How do I make that happen?

Give us a link to your blog/articles on movies on @twi_fi_awards so we can RT the link and then, we'll let people decide whether you deserve to be on the jury. If you don't have a blog, well, we are letting people decide anyway whether you should be on jury. If you really are a film buff and have expressed your opinions on Twitter, Twitter should know, right?

How will we know there is no jugaad?

The whole process will be transparent. Every critic and jury member's Top 5 best lists will be put up on our Facebook page so you know who voted for what. When the actual voting starts, we will ask people to put the hashtag #twifi with their favourite, so anyone can count the votes.

What are the categories?

Coming soon! But trust us, no nonsense like Best Villian and Best Comedian! That's reserved for the likes of Suresh Kalmadi.

Who is part of the jury?

So far, Fight Club http://moifightclub.wordpress.com/ (@NBKHoon) because he helped start the process. AND for the street cred. We will ask prominent film critics on Twitter to be a part of the jury, but we need more followers on Twitter for them to take us seriously. So please help :). Also, there will be film buffs on Twitter who will be part of the jury. They will be decided through nominations. To nominate, please head towww.twitter.com/twi_fi_awards

And no, Taran Adarsh, Komal Nahta and the like will NOT be part of the jury.

Will there be a ceremony?

We don't know yet. Right now, we are trying to get people to support us in the venture, so we can make this something credible.

What will you gain out of this?

Hopefully, this will serve as a platform for people to discover the ACTUAL best films of the year, if nothing else. Also, in a country where Arjun Rampal wins the National Award for 'acting', the people need to have a voice. With some luck, this could be that voice.

Who are you affiliated to?

The people.

How much money will you make out of this?

If we had to make money, we would have asked for a job at traditional Bollywood Film Awards.

How can I be a part of this?

Follow us on Twitter, www.twitter.com/twi_fi_awards, and on Facebook:www.facebook.com/twifiawards. Spread the word! You can also email us on [email protected].

Any more questions? Please ask below.

Credits:

The name, 'Twi Fi Awards': Stuti Srivastava @stuti_rd

The display pic: Soaham Ganguly, @soaham43

Details: Nikhil Taneja @nikhiltaneja86 and Fight Club @NBKHoon

Tech: Pavan Jha (@p1j) and Manu J (@reviewgang)

Admin: Nikhil Taneja @nikhiltaneja86

Edited by MissIffiy - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I'm LOVING this idea!
already following @twi_fi_awards, i think this is a really good and noble idea.
one of my blogger friends has been nominated xD
MissIffiy thumbnail
😕by the way zee added another category to there voting its called "International Male Icon" 
what is srk not winning this year they got make up something like this to give him something 
(was this category there last year??) but wait for it here are the nomination in this category 

Akki 
Arjun Rampel 
Hrithik 
Ranbir 
Srk 

😕

oh i forgot & the International Female Icon 

Aish 
Deepika
kajol
PC 
Sonakshi 

😕😕
Edited by MissIffiy - 13 years ago
impressive...im looking forward to these awards more than any others..😆
Chippeshwini thumbnail
... that's such a random award category 😆

yeah, I think they just made up a filler or something.
They always do that -__-

well I guess this means MORE reason to support the twi fi awards =D
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
^Zee always introduces a special category every year. Remember Katrina getting the British Indian Actor award last time?

Anyways these twitter awards sound interesting..and seem like they will be less rigged than others 😆 
Chippeshwini thumbnail
^ BAHAHAH i didn't hear about that 😆 but dang thats just. odd haha

these awards are being supported by fairly renowned critics, like Anupama, Rajeev Masand.
MissIffiy thumbnail
And no, Taran Adarsh, Komal Nahta and the like will NOT be part of the jury.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
^^thts credibility right there!!! 👏👍🏼
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Hahahahha poor Addy Boy 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

@rachna_5
I know! When I saw it, I was like..umm..what?  They invented a special category for Katrina. 😆 

They always have star icon awards..but I dunno what's up with the "international" bit..