PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 13 years ago
Friends interesting article with mention of CB2

TRP NE BANA DI JODI

Small screen love birds rarely get to recreate their sizzling chemistry once their shows wrap up. Hyderabad Times finds out why

The one place where B-Town stars pip our tellywood stars is in the jodi department. While the SRK-Kajol or Akshay-Katrina jodi never gets old, small screen jodis like Ronit Roy-Smriti Irani, Ram Kapoor-Prachi Desai ("Kasamh Se"), Eijaz Khan-Anita Hasanandani ("Kavyanjali"), Iqbal Khan-Neha Bhamb ("Kumkum") et al never get a chance to do an encore.

RONIT ROY AND SMRITI IRANI: Ably stepping into the role of Mihir, Ronit filled the vacuum created by Amarr Upadhyay when he quit "Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhie Bahu Thi". His chemistry with Smriti Irani was endearing, making them the most loved 'middleaged' couple on screen.

SHWETA TIWARY AND CEZANNE KHAN:

They started the trend of the eternal love story on the small screen with "Kasautii Zindagi Kay". Rumours flew thick and fast about their alleged romance. A much married Shweta didn't take too kindly to it and their off-screen hatred is almost legendary. Yet, the couple is remembered for their on screen chemistry.

AAMNA SHARIF AND RAJEEV KHANDELWAL: A couple that set the telly screen on fire in "Kahin Toh Hoga", many attribute their sizzling chemistry to the real life love story. When Rajeev quit the show for films, Aamna followed suit. Though the couple moved on to different partners later on, their on screen partnership is still remembered by avid TV buffs.

HUSSAIN KUWAJERWALA AND JUHI PARMAR: "Kumkum" on the afternoon slot was one of the front runners for the channel. Hussain and Juhi made a great pair and won many awards. After the show wrapped up, the afternoon slots were never the same.

ANUJ SAXENA AND NAUSHEEN ALI SARDAR: A debut for both actors, the "Kkusum..." pair complimented each other in the looks and acting department.

HITEN AND GAURI TEJWANI: They were paired first in "Kutumb' and were roped in to do "Kyunki Saas Bhi kabhie Bahu Thi" to salvage the TRPs. And they did.

DIL MAANGE MORE: While popular demand has brought back Kritika Kamra and Karan Kundra ("Kitani Mohabbat Hai 2") and will now see the return of Avinash Sachdev-Rubina Dalik ("Chhoti Bahu season 2"), of late channels/production houses have been deluged with requests for a screen reunion of Gurmeet C h a u d h a r y - D e b i n a ("Ramayan"), Sharad M a l h o t r a - D iv ya n a Tripathi("Banoo Main Teri Dulhan"), Arjun Bijlani-Rati Pandey ("Miley Jab Hum Tum"), Karan Wahi-Shweta Gulati ("Remix") and Karan Singh Grover and Shilpa Anand ("Dill Mill Gayye"). Will the fans get to see more of their reel favourites?

Edited by chalhov - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

radha_bilahari thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Chalhov,

thanks for sharing.  Yes  most of these jodis were really very endearing.  I had seen atleast a few of them and when I think of them it still brings a big smile on my face.  but if I have to rate them to me it still will be Avinash and Rubina.πŸ˜ƒ  do the so called popular jodi of ZEE have the same kind of mesmersing effect on the audience just the way Avinash and Rubina have achieved?  Kudos to the two of them and wish and pray for their success. πŸ‘πŸΌ
viprakshi thumbnail
thanks fr the article...ya avinash-rubina's jodi is the best...

august123 thumbnail
yes I also have seen some of them and for me also avina are the best jodi. They captured my heart and became part of my life, I cannot see this with any other pair. closest to them is hiten n  gauri. 

with no offense to anyone these days geet leading pair is also very popular but the hero some how seems artificial. I liked him more as Ram in ramayan. he has good pair of eyes but the love avinash portrayed for rads in CB is beyond any comparison. 

I still cannot forget the scene from the final day puja of vatsavitri when radev are in garden breaking their fast together. when rads touches dev's feet and the way dev looks at her with love, longing and ..... my god avinash was just superb,  i mean i cannot express it in words, he stole my heart too.
misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
 Well all these pairs excepting for Avi-Rubi are greek and latin to me......the reason is that CB was my first hindi show after 10 years and living outside India I don't have any clue as to what the others have done. Since I don't know about them I cannot talk about them.  I have heard of some such as Tulsi and Kumkum.......I have watched couple of episodes of Kumkum during my visits to India and liked the pair there. I have heard of Hiten-Gauri......... infact I saw Hiten for the first time as Shantanu. But I do now know some of the recent ones....and among themt no one other than Dev-Radhika stopped me in my tracks and and hooked me to their story.
Edited by misti73 - 13 years ago
anusha34 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanks for the article.avi&rubi are the best couple😍
ashna26 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing. Avina rocks! πŸ˜‰
PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Thanks I also find Avinash Rubina the best jodi. today I was watching the episode when Dev comes back and finds Radhika gone and such lovely acting by him and Rubina at Vrindavan and he suddenly discovers the Kanha locket terrific acting by both of them where they think one after the other answering each other
radha_bilahari thumbnail
The reason why Avinash and Rubina stand out is because of their ability to bring out the right emotions with their brilliant acting and good dialogue delivery.  In the other jodis the on-screen chemistry was eye-catching, but one of them used to be always found wanting in the area of acting.  avinash and Rubina complimented each other very well without intruding into theother's space which made viewing them also enjoyable.
august123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: chalhov

Thanks I also find Avinash Rubina the best jodi. today I was watching the episode when Dev comes back and finds Radhika gone and such lovely acting by him and Rubina at Vrindavan and he suddenly discovers the Kanha locket terrific acting by both of them where they think one after the other answering each other

me too dear, I also watched this episode yesterday. The more u see CB , more u r addicted.