A Walk On The Beach..-AR[New Page Link: Page 150] - Page 4

Posted: 13 years ago
nice part😊
wondering what happened in 3 yrs
beautiful n nice part

loved it...

thnx 4 da beautiful AR moment n riddhima's jealousy...

continue soon
thnx 4 da pm

AMOON
nice part.....

love
shreya
hey
awesome part
armaan is very caring
loved ar moment
so sid is also here
waiting for more ar moment
cont son
Hey, I read all five parts again. Loved the story. It is very different. In the 4th part I thought AR actually have a thing for each other. But this part is a twist as you said. And it took a leap of 3 years already.

Armaan is with Andrea and seems Riddhima is going to break up with Sid. This is confusing.

All the best for your exams and hope you will get back soon.

Please add me to your PM list.

Cheers,
Suvarna
OMFGG ! you updatedd on heree ! omgg i havent been on the DMG blog sing like forever ! pssssssssstttt....its Dhara btww =] omgg wat a twistt ! OMGG ! i wonder wat happened in those 3 years and andrea and sid and omgg...update sooon! ohh wanna PM mee? =]
hey Shrutika.. :) i'm Preet..:)
well i read ur ff just now.. and really liked it..:)
itz really interesting and very much freshing..:)
luved the concept..n AR's friendship bond.. but awwwww they started dating sum others since 3yrs... tht sucks.. but great part..:)
and add me to ur PM list..;)
continue soon..and gud luck for exams..:)
tc :)
Preet <3
AWESOME!! hy i just read ur ff n it's amazing..like others have said it's a fresh story, n the leap n the twist that Armaan is with Andrea n Riddhima with SId...interesting point! lookin' forward 4 ur nxt update.
please continue soon...n hy please add me in ur pm list..😊
all the very best 4 ur exams!
Edited by ARKJ_4EVER - 13 years ago

Part 6:- Promises of the Present!

PRESENT DAY

"Where the hell did your room disappear...?" I said as I entered Armaan's room, of which's floor was hidden beneath a sea of clothes stashed all over the place...

"Very funny! I was trying to search for my phone..." Armaan sighed, completely tired, and waved his phone...

"By turning the room upside down?" I asked raising my eyebrows...He glared at me....

"The phone apparently fell into my bag...I dunno how, I dunno when...It just happened...One thing led to another...And before I knew it..." He said sadly...I stifled a laugh...

"Aww, don't be sad...The phone's evil...It must have crawled into your bag when you weren't looking, and then it just ruined all the....." I looked around the room...He looked at me expectantly...."Hardwork....You had put into packing this stuff..." I said picking up his shirt from below my foot...

"Help me...." He said and pouted like a baby...I threw the shirt in his face...

"Why don't you ask your hay-brained, the-new-blonde-in-the-block, girlfriend to do this honourable job?" I asked sceptically...

"Leave Andrea aside...It's ok...Don't help me...I'll just..." He said and looked down sadly....I shook my head....It's ironic how I knew he was emotionally blackmailing me, and yet I was giving in...Ah, the stupid heart, sometimes drove me crazy....

"Ok ok...Quit the sad, homeless puppy dog act....Start gathering all your jeans, and I do the shirts...Fold them up...NEATLY...And pile them..." I said taking charge...He stood up, happily, a little too happily, and hugged me...

"Yeah yeah...Control your emotions, Peanuts..." I said patting his back, exasperated...

"Seriously man...I love you Munchkin!"

"Don't let your ickle-girlfriend hear that...She'll burst..." I said shaking him off....

"Can you ever give it a rest with her?" He sighed, exasperated...I shook my head nonchalantly...

"You really hate her don't you?"

"How many times do I tell people....I just don't like the fact that she exists....That doesn't necessarily mean I hate her..." I said picking up random shirts and tossing them on Armaan's bed...

"Yeah of course it doesn't...You just don't want her to exist...Right..." Armaan said, his sarcasm hinting at his annoyance...I sighed...

"I meant I don't like the fact that she's a part of my life...I don't care if she's a burden to the entire world as well..." I shrugged...Armaan rolled his eyes...

"Correction...She's a part of my life...Not yours..."

"Which obviously makes her a part of mine too, because you are my best friend..." I stopped him mid-way...

"Which is why you try so hard to break us up..." I nodded and smiled deviously at his statement...He sighed, giving up...

"But you're so stuck up, and she's such a moron, that you both just don't give up on each other...Meri futi kismet..." I said dramatically...

"Meri what? And hello...I won't break up with her just because you think she's a moron...."

"But too bad that can't be said for her...C'mon you can do so much better than her...!"

"Riddhima quit it..."

"Yeah you just won't listen to any word against her...No matter whatever crap she says about me...' I said angrily...I turned my back on him...I couldn't remember why I was even standing there...

"Oi..." Armaan said gently and turned me around..."I can't stop her from saying anything, because I don't think I yet have that right on her...But I do have rights on you! When she says stuff about you, I just don't listen to it, because I know it's crap...I know you much more than she does, so there's no chance that she'll ever be able to pull me away from you...So get that thought out of your mind..." He said softly, wiping of that lone tear which had escaped my eye...

"You take me for granted..." I sniffed...He grinned...

"Yeah well, I'm the only one who has the right to!" He winked at me, his hands still cupping my face...

"Armi...?" We both turned our heads in the direction of the voice, and looked at the blonde-headed freak in front of us...Obviously, according to Armaan she was 'hot'..

"Ah...Lo and behold...The ultimate girlfriend is here..." I smirked at her...She rolled her eyes...

"What are you doing?" She asked, her hands on her hips, indicating at Armaan's hands on my face...I smirked harder....Sadistic pleasure-what a great feeling...

"Well we were just about to have a French kiss, but you've got such perfect timing! Sheesh no privacy nowadays!" I smiled innocently and looked up at Armaan...He glared down at me and covered my mouth with his palm...I tried shaking him off, but his grip was harder than anticipated...

"Don't listen to her..." Armaan looked at Andrea and said earnestly...I rolled my eyes...

"Yeah, I've learnt better than to do that, in these past 3 years...." She looked at me with contempt...

"Uh-huh...And yet last week you almost broke up with this poor boy, just because he was tying a bandage over my hand...." I shook my head sadly...

"Ok seriously Riddhima stop talking..."

"What? Am I not saying the truth?" I narrowed my eyes at Armaan...

"Riddhima, please cut it out...I don't have time..."

"Oh yeah? I neither have the time, tolerance nor the patience, to even look at your face...Let alone talk to you..." I said standing right in front of her...

"Yeah ugly people like you just can't stand to look at pretty faces...." She said smirking...

My mouth dropped at the insult and I could feel the anger build inside me...I lunged forward, Andrea moved back a few steps, scared...Armaan must have guessed my move since he raced ahead and stopped me from scarring his girlfriend's 'pretty face'....

"Hey guys...What's..........." Sid stopped in his tracks as he saw the position I was in...

"Thanks god bro! Save me!" Armaan looked at Sid pleadingly, and Sid, taking charge, pulled me back...

"Riddhima cool it please hun!" Sid whispered in my ear and smiled at me...I pouted and folded my arms...

"Sid I thought you had a good choice really...."

"Funny, how his first choice was YOU! But guess what, he chose ME...Me! And yeah, your ickle-boyfriend, loves me a lot too, ask him...So yeah, talking about pretty faces, I have two guys, you just have one, who btw, is just sticking with you, because he's got nothing better to do in life..." I said marching forward yet again and standing neck to neck with her....

"I'm so out of here..." Andrea stomped her foot angrily and marched out...

"Thank god, less suffocation and stink in the room..." I called after her; she turned and mouthed buzz of to me....I mouthed 'Same to you' in a similar fashion...

I heard Armaan utter a small 'Oh no...' and turned to find his head buried in his hands, and Sid shaking his head...I smiled happily and patted Armaan's shoulder in solace...

"Don't worry buddy, you don't need to say thanks..." I smiled victoriously...Armaan glared at me, but before he could say anything, I left the room...I heard Armaan and Sid sigh as I shut the door behind me....

I could hear the music thudding, the loud beats, adding to my own thudding heart...As I entered, I realized this was the last time I would be entering this place for a party...Everyone, including me, had waited long for this Farewell party, a huge reward for all that hardwork we put in for the stupid examinations, which would decide our future...But now that the day was finally here, I realized this party was a celebration for bidding each other good-bye....

I stepped into the marquee, decorated with red and gold fabrics, with lanterns brimming the area...The big banner right across from the archway leading to the porch, read 'Good Bye and Good Luck, Batch of 2009-2010'....I looked around, people engrossed in their own groups, probably talking about how they're going to keep in contact...

I looked around, my eyes searching for those familiar faces which were the reason why my 3 years in Kings' University had been one of the best times of my life...I saw Sid engaged in conversation with one of our mates Anne at the bar...I yet hadn't told him what I had intended upon...Probably doing such things, although on mutual understanding, just before a party, isn't a very pleasant thing to surface...Heck, I myself didn't know how I would react, once it all ended...But it had to happen...Soon after the party...

Just as I was about to look away, his eyes caught my gaze, and he signalled me to wait for him...I wrapped myself tighter in my stole, as he walked towards me...

"Hey beautiful..." He smiled and bent down to give me a small peck on my cheek...I smiled...It was all the last time...

"Hey...Sorry to have kept you waiting so long....Nikki needed help..." I muttered and shook my head, referring to my room-mate and my closest girl mate, Nikita...Sid grinned....

"Hello sweetheart..." I turned to find Armaan standing there in a black tux...

"You fulfilled my wish....!" I smiled, delighted, that he had worn a tux, something he hated...

"Yeah...The last time I'm listening to any of your petty requests..." Armaan's voice trailed off as he noticed the sudden fall in my facial expressions...

"Yeah...The last time...." I muttered sadly....Armaan looked at me, concern reflecting in his eyes...I shook my head at his questioning glance....

"Riddhima, just because Uni's ending, doesn't put an end to all these bonds you have with people..." Armaan squeezed my hand....I thanked him with a small blink of my eye...

"Yeah, but it does change the way those bonds function...." I said smiling sadly...

"But that still doesn't change our love for each other..." Sid said and looked at me...We both knew it was coming, we both had known it wasn't forever...But his understanding glance told me, that he wouldn't hesitate for even one second, to remain friends, which would be a life-long relationship, no matter how much distance separated us...And nor would I...I smiled back at him...

"So where's your blondie Mr.? Jumped off a cliff in grief? Please let the answer be yes!" I asked Armaan, trying to lighten the situation...Armaan glared at me and shook his head...

"No...She refused to walk into this party with me, thanks to your thrilling stunts today in the afternoon...Seriously Riddhima what were you thinking?" He pouted like a small kid...

"Sho shad....Awww.....Look at the brighter side, at least you didn't have to enter looking like a swan's fluttering wing..." I said pointing at the new entrant, dressed in a frilly cobalt hue color, ballet type dress...

"Did she just walk out of a ballet recital?" I asked shaking my head at her attire...

"I think she looks cute..." Armaan said glaring down at me...

"Yeah...Right....You know, if there was one thing I actually LIKED about Andrea...It was her dressing sense....Well, now even that's history..." I said shaking my head, as if in deep sorrow...Sid stifled a laugh catching Armaan's annoyed glance...

"Riddhima, for me, last time, please at least try behaving human with her!" Armaan begged me...I pouted...My one source of entertainment was stolen...Great!

"Thank you!" Armaan whispered as Andrea walked towards us...On seeing me, she rolled her eyes...

"Can we go somewhere else Armaan..." She said throwing me a meaningful glance....I cursed Armaan for making me promise something I hated doing!

"No need...Riddhima's promised to be on her best behaviour tonight...Right Munchkin?" He smiled tightly, I merely nodded and shrugged...

"She better be..." Andrea said arrogantly...

"Yeah, or the swan will ground me for life..." I muttered under my breath...Armaan shot me a warning glance...

Suddenly, the lights dimmed, the music took to a soft tune, and we turned to face the stage, the single lit up part of the porch...

Different people, who I had never even heard of, talked about how much they would miss Uni, the campus, their friends....And although I didn't know them at all, I could still sympathize with them...Because not only was I going to leave Uni, I was going to leave this entire town, place, everything behind...

"Munchkin..." Armaan whispered in my ear softly as he heard me sniff...

"I'm ok..." I whispered back and gave a small smile...

"I'll be right back..." He said quietly...

"Where you going?"

"To get your smile back..." He winked at me and left...I stood there looking confused...I looked around to see Sid coming back with our drinks, talking animatedly with Andrea....

My eyes searched for Armaan, but suddenly, he was nowhere to be seen...I sighed...I was pretty sure not even Armaan could lift my mood from this huge bout of nostalgia I was going through....

Suddenly, the lights went even dimmer, so that the only thing which could catch someone's eye, would be the stage...A familiar voice filled the silence gripping the crowd...The voice was enough to get my heart racing....

"This one's for you Munchkin..."

As I held my breath, Armaan turned and his guitar began to play notes which instantly warmed up my heart...

"Can You imagine, what would happen,
If we could have any dream...
I'd wish this moment, was ours to own it,
And that it would never leave...."

Armaan winked at me and I smiled...I was wrong, he could do anything...Even make me smile when I was down...

"Then i would thank that star,
That made our wish come true...
Cause he knows that,
Where you are is where I should be too..."

He now looked at Andrea, who looked at me, in turn and noticed my fallen face...She then looked back at Armaan and nodded..."Maybe she isn't that bad after all..." I thought...My gaze shifted back to Armaan...

"Right here, right now...
I'm looking at you and my heart loves the view...
Cause you mean everything...

Right here, I promise you somehow...

That tomorrow can wait, for some other day to be....

But right now there's you and me....!"

He lent his hand towards Andrea...She smiled and twirled into his arms...I smiled looking at them....

Before I knew it, even I began to sing...I looked at Armaan and continued...

"If this was forever,
What could be better?
We already proved it was..."

I then looked at Sid and smiled...I took his hand, as he bowed and asked me to dance...

"But that two thousand one hundred twenty three hours, 
Blend in the universe...
It's gonna make everything,
In our whole world change...
And you know that,
Where we are will never be the same.."

I twirled and rushed straight into Armaan's arms...And this time, both our voices synced in together...

"Right here, Right now...
I'm looking at you and my heart loves the view...
Cause you mean everything...

Right here, I promise you somehow...

That tomorrow can wait, for some other day to be....

But right now there's you and me....!"

I looked at Armaan and sang...

"Oh we know it's coming.."
And it's coming fast..."

Armaan looked at me and smiled...

"There's always you and me..."

And then again our voices merged into one...

"So let's make this second last...                                                        Make it last....."

Armaan looked straight into my eye and said softly...

"Right here..."

I continued, my voice even softer...

"Oh...Right now..."

"Yeah I'm looking at you..." He said, his eyes speaking volumes...

"And my heart loves the view..." I smiled...

"Cause you mean everything...." Our voice echoed around the marquee...

This time, the entire crowd merged in....

"Right Here, I'll promise you somehow..

That tomorrow can wait, for some other day to be...

But right now there's you and me...                                                    Oh, you and me...You and me..."

The crowd stopped, but mine and Armaan's eyes were still lost in each other...

"But right now there's you and me...."

"There's always going to be you and me Munchkin....You're my best friend, and not even a distance of a million miles can ever change that...It's a universal truth..." He said earnestly, looking straight into my eyes...

And again he'd done it....He had managed to see through my fears, without me even saying it...Because I was most afraid of, not leaving Uni, Sid, my friends, or this town behind...I was most afraid of leaving Armaan behind...

Okie, that's all for Part 6....Sorry I know it's been long...But anyway...

Hope you'll like this part! And please do comment!:)

Edited by Dmg8594 - 13 years ago
very nice part
Thanks for the pm
continue soon