Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

firangi92 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Ooh! Sounds just as awesome as The Girl Who Lost Her Smile was. It's a totally different concept from your previous FF, and I'm totally looking forward to it! :]

PM me when you update! Thanks :D
love.mayurarti thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
interesting concept
looking forward............
secret_me thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
nyc concept....
luking forward to read d story!!!
continue soon!!!
IronyDied thumbnail
hey muskan
i am sooooooo happy to see you back with another ffπŸ˜ƒ......its sounds interesting and different........i am waiting for this one
do update soon and dont forget to pm me😳

love
tasfia

SujaLuvsMayur thumbnail
interesting concept.
continue soon.
waiting for update,
thanks for pm.
Muskaan_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Chapter 1

Nupur's POV.

"MiSS NUPUR BUSHAN !!!"
I halted with my right foot still above the floor, my blood freezing due to the angry tone in my boss' voice. I turned around slowly, trying to keep the tray in my hands from falling to the floor.
"Miss Nupur, come here!" my boss hissed, pointing her finger at the floor infront of her.
I bit my lowerlip while lowerling my head shamefully. What had I done wrong this time?

"What is this supposed to be?" my boss held up a cup of coffee infront of her, eyes beaming from held back anger.
I stretched my neck and peeked down into the cup.
"It's coffee, ma'am..." I replied silently, receiving a sniff from my boss.
"This is not coffee!" she poined her finger in my face, "This is the third time this happens, Nupur! I'm running out of patience".
I sighed discretely, pinching myself mentally. Had I let my mind drift away again?!
"It's all Mayank's fault..." I thought out loud.
"What?" my boss exclaimed, making my eyes widen.
"W-uh? I mean..." I cleared my throat, "it will not happen again ma'am, I promise!"
She glared at me for a while. I tried my best to look like an innocent kid with a lollipop in my mouth (I probably looked more like a weasel with a ball of dirt in my mouth, but atleast it was worth a try).
"If this happens one more time I'm gonna have to fire you" she threatened, "do I make myself clear?"
I nodded and felt an urge to hide behind the tray in my hands, but I dodged it and managed to stand my ground.
As my boss walked into the back I pouted my lips and made the most devastated face I could produce, to make every single human being on planet earth feel sorry for me. It wasn't my fault that I kept worrying about the fact that my boyfriend was soon coming home after have been gone for several months! Why couldn't my boss just cut me some slack?

'Of course Nupur, I'll give you the rest of the week off to plan that special homecoming for your special one, and I'll even pay for the whole thing. Aren't I great?'

Ha! My boss being nice, my well-toned @ss. If evil had a human shape it would be that woman. I bet that if you look into her eyes for too long you'll be sucked into this black hole of eternal evil where you have to eat maggots for breakfast... and they only have like... one CD which consists of the scraping sound of nails against a blackboard.
I cringed where I stood. The thought of nails against a blackboard really sent a chill down my spine. I knew what I wanted to give my boss for her birthday: A huge pile of pink teddy bears and thousands of butterflies which glitters and spreads love all around them. I might even throw in a pink tortoise into the deal! That should make her less bitter and angry, right?
"Nupur!" a girl working with me called, snapping me out of my glittery thoughts, "could you do me a favor and go to the back and get some coffee beans?"
"I'll get right on it!" I replied obediently.
"Thank you".

I left through the door to the storage at the back. Truthfully, I hated going back there. It had an eerie feeling and the lights in there made the whole room seem so spooky. I fumbled with my hand in the darkness, trying to find the light switch, feeling my heart beating faster in my chest. Even if it was broad daylight, this storage room didn't have any windows so it might as well have been in the middle of the night by the looks of it.
"Uugh, I hate this place..." I mumbled, shivering from head to toe.
When I had found the light switch and the lights started lighting up the room one by one, I suddenly heard a small bang from the end of the room.
My heart jumped right up to my throat and all the hair on my neck stood right up. My body had frozen and the only thing that moved was my eyes, traveling back and forth to the different corners of the room.
"He...llo?" I swallowed when I noticed that my throat was as dry as a desert.
After a while of having all the scenes from horror movies flash before my eyes, I shook away my fears and brushed off the thought of the sound, telling myself that I had just imagined it.

"Ah, it was just my imagination... And besides..." I said out loud, "if there's a monster there who's ready to jump out and kill me, I have to warn you... I have ' Kung Fu skills! Just so you know!"
I looked around the room once more, lifting my hands up to chest-level while glaring through the room with my eyes squinted together.
"This is the punishment for having such a colorful fantasy..." I shook my head, "I have to stop watching those horror movies".
I walked into an aisle where I could find the bags I was looking for, when I suddenly heard a noise again. My knees started shaking and I instinctively hugged my arms around myself.
What was that freaking noise?!
What if I' would die today? What if I would be torn to pieces by some vicious girl-demon with lank hair and corpse-like skin?
"Don't kill me!!!" I exclaimed in a high-pitched way, still hugging myself tight (Yah! Don't judge me, I didn't have anyone else there to protect me but myself).

When I had calmed down a bit I slowly tip-toed towards the end of the aisle, with the intention to peek around the corner at whoever might've caused those noises. As I was tip-toeing I found myself imagining someone with a butcher's knife raised high into the air, ready to plunge it deep into my (Oh, waaay to beautiful and young) flesh, then throwing me into a dumpster. Or maybe he'd hide me in one of the bags and I'd become coffee one day.

Watch out coffee lovers! Here comes the sweetest and most human-like coffee in the world; Nupur's Murder Coffee. It's so good, it will kill ya!

"I DON'T WANT TO BE COFFEE!" I yelled out loud, quickly pressing my hands over my mouth. Sssh, Nupur! You have to be quiet if you want to be able to surprise your enemy. Calm down little grasshopper.

I placed my hands at the edge of the shelf and slowly peeked around the corner. I leaned even more and took a step forward, when suddenly someone jumped out and yelled at the top of his lungs. I joined in on the screams and didn't even bother to use my eyes and see who it was, I just screamed and later fell down to the floor in a pretended faint motion.
The person started to laugh his ass off and I opened one eye slightly.
When I saw who it was I felt something shooting me off the ground (anger I suppose) and I burned him alive with my fiery glares.

"SAMRAT SHERGILL, I HATE YOU!" I yelled, hitting him brusquely on the chest, "YOU ARE THE MOST ANNOYING AND EVIL PERSON I'VE EVER MET AND I SHOULD FEED YOU A KNUCKLE-SANDWICH!"
Samrat laughed and dodged my attacks, still laughing so much he had tears in his eyes.
"Calm down Nupur!" he laughed, grabbing my wrists, "It was just a joke".
I leaned down and bit him on the hand, making him release his grip. I placed my hands on my hips and gave him a sharp look.
"Do you have any idea how scared I was?!" I bursted out angrily, "Do you have any idea what kind of thoughts that went through my mind?!"
Samrat dried the corners of his eyes.
"Yeah, I have a small guess" he replied, "but what was that thing about not wanting to be coffee?"

My upperlip started shaking uncontrollably and I felt myself blush.
Like always, I took out my merciless revenge inside my head by imagining me throwing Samrat up into the air, hook his underwear to the ceiling and make him think about his sins up there, while I poke on him with a stick until he's all blue! (MWAHAHAH!! JJ-smurf).
He would SO deserve it though. Really, that boy is getting on my last nerve. And don't think this is the first time he's played a prank on me. Nooooo, Samrat is one heck of a prankster I tell you. Last time, he decided to hide behind the counter and tickle me while I was tending to a customer (the customer didn't appreciate it when I bursted out laughing in the middle of his exposition of what he wanted in his lunch).
"Shouldn't you be working right now?" I asked unpleased, "Aren't you afraid our boss will get mad?"
"She thinks I'm out on an errand" he replied mischievously, "she doesn't know I came back a couple of minutes ago".
I made a disagreeing face and smacked my tongue.
"It's really hard to say this, but you remind me of my brother..." I sighed, "and that's not in a good way".

Samrat laughed again.
"So why did you get scolded by Mrs.Kapoor?" he asked, referring to the 'talk' I'd had with our boss earlier.
"You heard that?" I raised an eyebrow, "I thought you were out on an errand?"
"Oh, I heard it..." he nodded, "I had just came back and had something to tell Mrs.Kapoor, but when I heard that she was in a bad mood, I decided to hide back here instead".
"You're so disobedient" I said, crossing my arms, "when are you ever going to take responsibility for your actions?"
"Try never" he smirked and patted me on the head, making me feel like I was the one who needed a lecture, then he started walking towards the door.
"Oh, you!" I laughed, ran up to him and poked him in the side, "You're the one who gets me into trouble, you know".
"Well, forgive me if you always tag along when I'm up to mischief!" he chuckled, "If you want to play the game, then you have to respect what might happen during it".
He walked up to the counter and leaned his lowerback against it.
"But we're still friends, aren't we?" he reached his and out, "even if I sometimes give you a blackeye?"
I smirked and grabbed his hand, shaking it firmly.
"Yes, we are friends..." I squinted my eyes, "even if you're a bad influence".
"Good!" Samrat turned around, ending the conversation right there.
I chuckled in disbelief and we both started tending to the customers infront of us.

Mayank's POV.

I rubbed my eye and leaned back in the chair. I tried to focus my eyes on the man infront of us, the one who was speaking, but I just couldn't comprehend anything of what he was saying. It felt like this meeting had been going on forever and now we had passed any possible boundaries of time.
WOULD THIS NEVER END?
I leaned my head against the backsupport and pushed back the urge to yell out in frustration. I couldn't fall asleep during this meeting, it was way too important.
'If he doesn't stop talking soon I will cut my ears off with this piece of paper right here...' I thought to myself as I held up a schedule in my hands, 'and then I'll put them in his mouth to gag him'.
"And as a conclusion to..." the man began.
My eyes widened with hope and I expected him to say that the meeting had reached its end.
"...this part of the meeting..." the man continued, making my face twist into something yet unknown to mankind.
I bit my jaws together and fell back heavily in the chair, my hope ripped away from me so suddenly that it broke my heart. Deep, deep sigh.

Fortunately for me and my unstable mind, the meeting did end... after like two billion years of that man blabbering on and on about some financial plans, so I didn't have to cut off my ears (Woho! Lucky me). Forgive me if I'm a little irritated right now, I didn't get much sleep last night. Let me walk you through the reason why:
Last night we had a really late meeting in a completely different area code. After the meeting had ended I was really tired and almost ready to hit my head with a frying pan just to be able to fall asleep, but since I have been working almost every day for the last few months, I've been having a hard time relaxing. Anyway, enough about that.
So I laid down in bed, pulled the cover up to my chin and exhaled, ready to enter the wonderful lands of deep sleep...
But once I had managed to fall asleep I started having the weirdest dream:

I was coming home from my long trip, happily walking towards the airport gates where I could finally meet Nupur again. Oh, how I longed to meet her!
As I was walking the seasons outside kept shifting, and it changed really quickly between being night and day. I walked out through the gates and saw hundreds of people standing infront of me, searching for their relatives or loved ones who had been on the same plane as me. I let my eyes travel over the crowd in order to see if I could find her somewhere, Nupur that is.
I kept letting my eyes travel around at the people, and I felt my heart sink a little when I couldn't see her anywhere. I had expected her to stand in the front row, screaming my name at the top of her lungs, but she was nowhere to be seen. I exhaled and let my shoulders drop.
"Mayank!" someone's voice suddenly echoed through the crowd, making every other sound disappear.
I looked up and saw Nupur pushing through the crowd, jumping up and down while waving her hand in the air. A smile crept up on my face and I raised my arm and waved at her, starting to make my way towards her.
Once I had managed to get to the back of the crowd we were standing a couple of meters away from eachother, Nupur smiling brightly, looking in my direction. She chuckled and started running towards me, while I reached my arms out, ready to catch her in my embrace...

Yeah... this is were it all got strange.

Just when I was expecting her to throw hersef into my arms she suddenly ran passed me. I blinked my eyes and turned around, seeing her jumping into the arms of another guy who was standing behind me.

I know, strange, ne?

From then on everything seemed to move in slow-motion, even the breaking of my heart happened in slow-motion.
Then I woke up, luckily. If I hadn't woken up then I don't know what would've happened. In real life I would just have beaten the crap out of the guy, but in the dream it seemed like I couldn't move.
Maybe the dream showed me how I would react in that kind of situation.
Heeeeey... that kind of situation wouldn't occur, would it? Nupur is not... seeing someone else, is she?

"Mayank!"
I snapped out of my thoughts and felt someone nudge me on the arm.
"Huh?" I looked up and saw my colleague laughing at me.
"Where's your head at?" he asked, taking a bite from the food, which had apparently been brought to us during the time my mind was absent.
I cleared my throat and grabbed a fork.
"Someplace else, Benji" I responded.
He nodded knowingly.
"Are you feeling home-sick, Mayank?" he asked, hitting the matter right on the spot.
I chuckled slightly and took a bite.
"I am..." I answered, "there's someone I miss very much".
"Your fiance?" he gave me a sly look.
"My girlfriend" I corrected him. He laughed joyfully.
"What is she like?" he asked, clearly interested, "you haven't talked about her much".

I smiled to myself and pictured Nupur's face inside my head.
"She's just an ordinary girl..." I replied, "but there are so many things about her that makes her anything but ordinary. She always stays positive when she needs to, knows when to speak her mind, has the most contagious laughter in the world... and she has the power to make people understand certain things".
"What kind of things?" my colleague asked.
I placed the fork next to the plate.
"Important things" I said, "love, friendship, forgiveness".
"She sounds perfect" he chuckled.
I shook my head.
"She's not perfect" I stated, "she has imperfections like everyone else, but I've learned to look passed them because the good things about her weigh a lot heavier than her flaws".

"Sounds like you really love her?" he mumbled, taking a sip from his glass.
I nodded.
"I do..." I whispered, more to myself than to anyone else...

"I love her so much".

Yay, first chapter posted! :D
I hope you liked it :)

-Mansi- thumbnail
Res- Im out of town..ill read and comment soon! :)
-Aiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
it was awesome just loved it
sreevijayan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
what an update yaar..i was smiling thru the whole part starting from the boss firing at nupur..it reminded me of my teacher shanthi mam..she simply scolds me for no reason but she loves me like her own child.........and sanu was sooo cute....it again reminded of my friend rohit who always plays an evil game on me......and coming to mayank's dream,,,that was so funny...loved it dear...pls continue soon..........
.SilentPrincess thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Reserved...

Edited...

Okay the start, is awesome... i exected alot of serious drama like in your other ff. But this was a surprise.. A pleasant surprise though...
I loved the start where Nupur get scolded... Poor soul had to listen to it all jsut because of Coffee?...πŸ˜†

& then Samrat.... I found the SaNu scene hillarious...

N: I don't want to be coffee... 🀣 The whole scene was just amazingly wirtten... Awesome Muskaan...

Then Mayank's dream... It was bir scary.. But Nupur belongs to Mayank, and Mayank only...😍😳

and at the end...the sweetest ending... 😳

"Sounds like you really love her?" he mumbled, taking a sip from his glass.
I nodded.
"I do..." I whispered, more to myself than to anyone else...

"I love her so much".

This was just Awww...xx 😳 

Muskaan u truly are  great writer... This FF is also has a mindblowing start can't wait too read more...😳

-Laiba

Edited by princez_94 - 13 years ago