- Mahima Shani Dev Ki Discussion Lounge - - Page 5

Posted: 12 years ago

WU for 20th August, 2011

The episode starts with Shani talking about the importance of the various systems on earth which are necessary for life to prevail like the system of marriage, system of relationships, etc.

King Ichhavaku is lying on his bed before his death. He's expressing his worry for his kingdom after his death. Rishi Vashishta assures him that his son Vanraj will take care of the kingdom. Ichhavaku says that's the main reason for his worry, he says that a king has to live for the sake of his kingdom & people rather than his own self-interests but Vanraj has no qualities of being a ruler. He accepts Suryalekha as his DIL & tells her to help in ruling the kingdom after his death. He dies.

Vanraj is returning back to his palace & Suryalekha holds up the aarti thaali & he throws it. She tells him that there's the system of doing aarti once a king returns victorious from a war. He says he doesn't believe in any kind of tradition or system like that & warns her not to do anything without his permission. He tells her that his father accepted her as his DIL but he will not marry her as he has no belief in the system of marriage but tells her that she will get everything what a woman wants from a man & saying this he leaves. Suryalekha takes the dust of his feet from the floor & puts it on her forehead & tells herself that she has accepted him as his husband & will fulfill all her duties faithfully.

Vanraj expresses his wish to conduct Gaumedh Yagya on which Suryalekha says it's not possible right now as Vashishta is conducting a Yagya for Indra & the Gods in Indralok. On hearing this, Vanraj gets angry & says he do the Yagya anyhow. The Minister asks him how it is possible. Vanraj wraps a letter around an arrow & shoots it up which lands at the place where Vashishta is doing the Yagya at Indralok. Indra wonders whose arrow it is. Vashishta takes the arrow & says it belongs to Vanraj. He reads the letter.

The scene shifts to Shani where he says that Vanraj is doing mistakes one after another. He has insulted the relationship of teacher & student.

Vashishta asks Vanraj why he did that. Vanraj says how he dared to go & conduct a Yagya at Indralok without his permission. Vanraj tells him to conduct the Gaumedh Yagya for him. Vashishta says first Vanraj has to marry Suryalekha otherwise he cannot do a Gaumedh Yagya. Vanraj says he'll never marry her as he doesn't believe in the system of marriage. Vashishta keeps on telling him to get married first, Vanraj gets furious & says he'll punish Vashishta. He says Vashishta is now no longer the Kul Guru of Suryavanshi Kul. Vashishta too gets angry & says he himself leaves the position of being the Kul Guru. Vashishta curses Vanraj that if he even tries to do the Gaumedh Yagya then the fire from the Yagya will burn him into ashes. Vanraj takes out his sword. Vashishta angrily leaves.

Shani says now this is the last chance for Vanraj to reform himself.

Vanraj throws Suryalekha on the floor. Suryalekha begs at his feet & tells him not to sit for the Yagya otherwise he will die. Vanraj doesn't listen to her & sits for the Yagya. The fire grows out furiously & burns him into ashes.

Shani says that though he has died but he can't escape his punishment, his soul will get punished. Vanraj's soul is shown going up & Shani appears in front of him & Vanraj proudly says that Shani can do nothing as he has already died. Shani says now something will happen which had never happened before. He sends out two people from his body & says now these Shani doots will punish him. The Shani doots whip Vanraj.

Vanraj is shown running away while Shani is on his eagle chasing him. Vanraj is outside at the gate of Yamlok, he calls out to Yamraj to let him in as he has already died. Yamraj says he can't do so as Vanraj is under Shani's punishment cycle. Vanraj goes to Indra & Gods & asks them to save him from Shani, they say nobody can help him from Shani. Vanraj calls out to Surya dev & begs him to show him the way to free himself from all this. Surya dev says that Vanraj had insulted all the systems & people on earth due to which he is being punished, if they forgive him then he can be saved.

Vanraj recalls how he insulted Suryalekha & Vashishta. Suryalekha is crying besides the ashes of Vanraj. His soul appears in front of her, he asks her to forgive him if possible & tells that Shani has punished him due to which he is suffering a lot. His soul disappears. She goes in front of the idol of Shani & asks him to forgive Vanraj. She places both her hands above the fire of the diyas, Shani appears in front of her & says he'll give Vanraj the fortune of her good deeds. Suryalekha is happy but Shani says but doing so he can't be saved from punishment bcoz during his lifetime he didn't follow any systems, he hasn't even freed himself from pitri rin, if he had married her then he could have been saved from this punishment. He tells her however there is a way & he tells her to ask Vashishta about it.

Vashishta tells her to build a statue out of his ashes & marry it, and then a son will be born who will carry out the pinda daan due to which his soul will be freed. She does accordingly & marries the statue. Shani with his powers turns the statue into a young boy. Suryalekha hugs him & introduces him to Vashishta. Vashishta tells him to do the rituals of pinda daan. The rituals are carried out. The soul of Vanraj is watching all this & tells Shani that now he accepts all the systems of the world & praises Shani. The epi ends.

Vik

Thanks for these 2 updates - missed ya this week.  So Shani Dev is now focussing on mythological rulers of the Treta Yuga - since Ishvaku was the founder of the Surya-vansh dynasty in Ayodhya, which had Harishchandra, Raghu, Dasharath, Rama and son on.

The Tillotama story sounds cool - after saving Shani w/ those 2 asuras, she just creates havoc on earth.  Actually, shouldn't the devas - Surya, Vayu and Indra have been punished, since they were the ones who were getting distracted from their dharam?  I thought that the punishment was excessive.  In any case, if a woman wants to be just a lover, but not a mother, wife or sister, it should be fine as long as she's not parenting any kids.

The Vanraj story - I've forgotten who succeeded Ikshvaku - his eldest son Danda was disinherited and exiled for being evil - the Dandaka forests where Rama spent 10 of the 14 years of his exile was named after him - did not succeed him.  I was under the impression that he was succeeded by a different son.  Anyway, I think it was cool how Suryalekha could get a son just by making a statue out of Vanraj's ashes.  Incidentally, didn't get why she insisted on marrying Vanraj, or why Ikshvaku accepted her as his putra-vadhu: just seemed a prescription for ruining her life.  Hope she enjoyed her stint as rajmata of Ayodhya.
Well in the Tilottama story, the Gods couldn't get punished for deviating from their duties bcoz they had no idea what was going on. She cast a spell of her beauty such that the gods remembered nothing & just followed her. After she was destroyed, the Gods got back to their senses & had no idea what they were doing at that place & Shani told then how they were attracted by Tilottama's beauty. So maybe that's why they didn't get punished.

The way, Suryalekha's son was born in today's epi was super cool. But they didn't mention his name. I wished they had. Well, Ichhavaku was worried & had no faith that Vanraj could rule so he wanted Suryalekha to rule that's why appointed her as his DIL & that's why to fulfill his promise she accepted it. I had never heard about today's story so it was new for me...
Btw wasn't it Ichhavaku who had cursed Ravan that he would get killed by a successor of his Surya dynasty?
^^^^ No, that was Aranya - in fact, they showed it in ASR, and it's there in Valmiki. See my video below of how they showed it in ASR
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IqKGWug2g8[/YOUTUBE]
Yeah, I too had never known the above Ikshvaku story, and the Sagars being Sagars, very conveniently inserted Shani into it. 😆  I look forward to their showing the story of Ganga's descent to earth in a future episode, where they can feature their own namesake king Sagar, w/ whom it all started 😆

I finally saw tonight's episode.  I thought Vanraj was justified though in asking why Vashistha wasn't there - after all, whatever happened to Indra's own guru, Brihaspati, or if he wasn't around, Trishiras?  Since when was Vashistha Indra's guru?  I was impressed that Vanraj could send his letter w/ arrow to Indralok 😎  Also, as far as I knew, Vashistha never cursed anyone.

After Suryalekha married him (she could have put his statue on wheels and had it follow her mechanically 😆) - I didn't get the logic of her going back into her widow garb after his 'son' did the pindi-daan.  She should have remained in her bridal dress and become the rajmata. Yeah, it would have been great to know this son's name.  So he got the Surya-vansh back in line so that Rama could @ some point join it.

Incidentally, Ikshvaku would be a nephew of Shani, right?  Surya-dev's eldest son was Manu from Sanjna, while Shani was Surya-dev's eldest son from Chaya-devi.  So that answers my question on the Tillotama incident on why Shani didn't punish Surya-dev - he couldn't have, since Surya-dev was his father.  Yama-raj too was Shani-dev's elder half-brother, so he had the option of not listening to Shani if he wanted to 😆  Ikshvaku was the son of Manu.  Incidentally, this Manu is different from the Manu who wrote Manu's smritis.

One question - open to anyone who knows, maybe it should have been a doubts & discussions question: Chaya had 2 sons and 1 daughter, just like Sanjna had Manu, Yama & Yamuna.  If Shani was Chaya's eldest son, who were Shani's own brother & sister?

P.S.  Unlike DBSK, Shani seems to have had the language down pat.  Maybe Shani should warn Sagar Pictures via Sagar Arts that if they doesn't use Dwapar Yuga language, he'd subject them to his dhoot's treatment 😈😆
Oh thanks, I somewhere recall Ravan pronouncing the name in ASR so got confused... so it was Aranya.

Well one thing that I never understand is that if someone doesn't believe in marriage then why is one forced to do it... whether it was Narad or Vanraj? Ya...I know that Narad had to fulfill his pitri rin & Vanraj being a King had to place the welfare of the kingdom above his own personal wishes... but still this question doesn't leave me😆 ...really difficult to understand the mahima & nyaaya of Shani Dev😆

Hey I didn't know Ichhavaku was the son of Manu or did I know but forgot😕😆 Well I don't think Shani would have spared Surya dev if he is wrong coz Shani doesn't seem to spare anybody whether it's Mahadev or Suryadev. I missed those episodes but in the casting it shows he had used his powers on them. I really wish I could find some videos of 2008 & early 2009😔

Well if that is so... then even I would also want to know who was Chhaya's other son & daughter besides Shani. I thought he was the only son of her. I missed out a lot of episodes. Shani never got along with Manu, Yam & Yamuna, when I watched it after a gap, the bonding had already developed between the four, then again I missed out a lot of episodes due to 🤬power-cut & got to watch only a few tracks on youtube😔 I really wish if it was possible Imagine could repeat the episodes from 2008 at some time. Imagine even hasn't uploaded all the videos of MSDK😡, especially the old videos of 2008 & 2009😭
Vik

In the original Surya-dev story, Surya was married to Sanjna, the daughter of Vishwakarma.  She gave birth to Manu, and later, as time past, Surya-dev's intensity increased, which she was unable to stand.  So he cursed her that her next son would be repulsive to everybody, and next daughter extremely fickle.  That son was Yama, and daughter Yamuna (I believe that's the brother-sis pair celebrated on bhai-duj).

Finally, Sanjna secretly left, and sent her shadow Chaya to Surya, who had no idea about this.  She too gave birth to 3 children like Sanjna, and she was blatantly partial to her own kids, and tormented Manu, Yama & Yamuna.  Manu being more saintly decided to take the mahaan route, but Yama complained about it to Surya, who noticed it and realized that Chaya couldn't possibly be the mother of the first 3 kids.  Surya-dev then confronted her, and she confessed.

Surya-dev then went out to look for Sanjna, but the latter, after spending some time w/ her father, was told by him that she couldn't stay @ her maayka forever, so she left and took the form of a mare.  Vishwakarma told Surya the root of the problem, so Suryadev asked him to mechanically chisel down some of his intensity 😕  They then went and found Sanjna in the form of a mare.  After being assured that her intensity was reduced, she agreed to let Surya-dev come near him.  While she was in her mare form, she gave birth to the Ashwin twins.  Finally, she assumed her original form, and re-united w/ Suryadev.  So Suryadev ended up w/ both wives, and his 6 children.

Sounds like an episode for MSDK, except that Shani would then have to punish Chaya for treating him well 🤣 at the expense of Manu, Yama and Yamuna.  Wonder whether he can do it 😆

As for Shani's decision to punish Narada & Vanraj, I guess we can't hold people in the Satya, Treta & Dwapar yugas in the same standard as today.  If Shani were to, say, force Jagya to take back Anandi, I'd think he's nuts.

Rajshri.com did have all the serials on their page, but pulled them.  They are sorely missed.
visit here aftr long tym. Lvly lounge. Of shani dv

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYW1RGLvDEE[/YOUTUBE]

WU for 27th August, 2011

The epi starts with Shani saying that a kid's good or bad nature is totally dependent on the upbringing of his/her parents as they are the first teachers who teach their kids the values & principles of life. Shani says he's going to tell the story about Attrey who was destined to write the Rigveda.

Rishi Mandukya is teaching his son Attrey that he should not disobey his elders, he should never do something that would make them feel insulted & he should never display his knowledge in front of his elders. Attrey promises to follow his father's teaching.

Shani is shown saying that Rishi Mandukya has a selfish motive behind teaching his son these things for the sake of his own prestige.

Attrey is shown following his father's teachings. He is about to sit in the front line while another student senior than him comes there, so he leaves the place & lets that senior student sit in front while he sits behind. A background song is being played saying that Attrey has now become quiet due to his father's wrong teachings; he lets others go in front & himself is left behind😭

Shani says that Rishi Mandukya has given wrong education to Attrey.

Another Rishi enters the ashram, & is welcomed by Mandukya. Mandukya says that he has invited him to take a test of all his students. The rishi sees Attrey & asks him who that kid is & when he gets to know that Attrey is none other than Mandukya's son, he decides to ask him the question first. He asks Attrey about Brahma. Attrey remembers that his father had told him not to display his knowledge in front of his elders, so he stays quiet. The rishi gets angry & says if Mandukya couldn't educate his own son then how he would educate the other students. He calls Attrey stupid & says that he'll talk to another senior rishi(forgot the name😳) & get Mandukya's teaching rights cancelled as he has no rights to teach if he can't teach his own son properly.

Mandukya is furious & is calling Attrey stupid. Tara (Mandukya's wife) defends Attrey saying that he is following what he has been taught by his father. Mandukya then starts calling her stupid too. He says he disowns his stupid wife & stupid son & will marry another woman & have intelligent children😡

Shani says now Mandukya is liable to get punished.

Tara & Attrey are praying in front of God, while they get shocked on seeing Mandukya bringing another wife. The second wife throws Tara & Attrey out of the house & they start living somewhere in another hut in the ashram. Both the mother & son start working hard for their living.

Tara is shown standing on a well & says she can't see her son suffering like this so she's going to put an end to her life. She is about to jump in the well while Shani appears in front of her. She bows in front of him. Shani tells her that what she's trying to do is a sin & has she ever thought what will happen to Attey if she dies. He tells her to leave the ashram as Attrey is destined to carry out a very important task in future.

Tara & Attrey leave the ashram & enter another ashram. Tara is feeling thirsty. Attrey sees a water pot & is about to take water then stops & thinks he should first take permission before taking the water. He calls out to the owner of the ashram. Shani in disguised form appears there & says there is no need to take permission to drink water. He tells Attrey that he is impressed with his knowledge & tells them to stay there.

Attrey is writing down some mantras on a paper. Shani comes there & picks up one paper & reads it. He seems impressed & asks Attrey did he write it himself. Attrey seems to be thinking. Shani replies that Attrey didn't understand what his father was actually trying to teach him. Shani says there's nothing wrong in displaying knowledge as it's a good thing to spread knowledge. Shani says if the knowledge is displayed to insult the seniors then only it is considered bad otherwise there's no harm in displaying knowledge in front of the seniors.

Attrey (his eyes are closed) is shown pronouncing mantras, after which Varun dev appears in front of him. After his second mantra, Vayu dev appears over there, then Indra dev, then Surya dev & finally Brahma. Varun dev says they've all come there for Attrey & asks him to ask for a boon. Attrey opens his eyes & says his teacher had told him to pronounce those mantras & has nothing to ask for.

Shani in the disguised form comes there. Brahma calls his name out & Shani bows in front of Brahma. Attrey looks at Shani; Shani disappears from that point & appears in his true form in the line of the other gods. Attrey seems happy. Shani requests Brahma to let Attrey complete the Rigveda & requests all the gods to bless Attrey for this task. All the gods raise their hands & provide him with the power of knowledge.

Attrey is shown writing down the Rigveda. As time passes by, he grows up into a young man & is shown still writing the Veda.

Shani says now it's time for Mandukya to get punished for what he did to Tara & Attrey.

Mandukya is shown his ashram. Shani in the disguise form appears there. Mandukya welcomes him & asks him to take a test of the students over there & the one who is the best among all will take over the responsibilities of the ashram. Mandukya's son (Kritava) stands up & says there's no need to take any kind of test as automatically his son will take his place. Another son of Mandukya also supports Kritava. Mandukya feels insulted. Shani in his mind is saying that once Mandukya called his son stupid when he listened to him & now his other sons are not listening to him.

Mandukya is complaining to his second wife & she too supports Kritava. They throw him out of the house. She disowns her husband & the other sons too disown him. Mandukya tells Shani in the disguised form that he's now being punished for what he had done in the past. Shani tells him to go towards the north direction of this ashram if he wants to wash away his sins. Mandukya leaves & on the way drops down out of thirst. A woman pours water in his hands; she's none other than Tara. Tara recognizes him & calls out Swaami, he too sees her apologizes. She takes him to the ashram & calls out for Attrey & tells him that it's his father. Attrey & Mandukya hug each other & have tears in their eyes.

Mandukya, Tara & Attrey are in front of the idol of Shani & Attrey says that he has finished writing the Rigveda & asks the idol of Shani to accept it. Shani appears in front of them & tells Attrey to keep it for the people living on the earth. Shani says that the Rigveda will do the work of a bridge of connecting Gods with the people living on the earth.

Shani says that parents should not educate their children for the sake of their own selfish motives but for the welfare of their kids & for the welfare of the society.

The episode ends.

Edited by vik rocks - 12 years ago
I watched the last 20 min of this episode - from the point that Shani visited Mandukya in his ashram.  It was funny to see the latter getting humiliated by his sons.  Hope to catch a rerun next week - so Attrey was the rishi who compiled the Rig Vedas?  That seems to suggest that this episode is from the Satya Yuga.  Incidentally, just wondering whether Attrey was among the Saptarshis who Vishnu in his Matsya avatar rescued so that they could help keep the Vedas alive?

As for the show, I didn't like the end, where Tara & Attrey took him back.  After all, this wasn't after a day's or even a month's incident - it was years later, when Attrey was a young man, and had missed his father for his entire childhood.  I didn't think that Mandukya deserved to be accepted back by the family he had so cruelly rejected.  This story seemed to somewhat parallel the one about Ashtavakra, where a rishi curses his son still in the womb for correcting him about the way he chanted his mantras.  But there at least, the curse, while disabling the kid, did not separate him from his parents.  Maybe this might be a future Shani episode.

Glad to see you back - missed you in DBSK