Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
I missed last weekend's MSDK, but saw this Saturday's.  Very briefly, it was about a king whose wife disguised her daughter as a son, and so he was recognized as the Yuvraj.  The king's minister encouraged that she be tested for her various fighting skills, and during a duel, her cover was blown and she was exposed as a girl.  Her father's minister contrived a plot where some godmen suggested to the king that she be sacrificed if he wanted a son.  She was put into a trunk and thrown into a stream, w/ the Godmen waiting so that they could get to molest her.  However, Shani came, unlocked the trunk and led her to safety.  Later, the minister aroused a rebellion against the king, who no longer was protected since his good fortune was due to his daughter.  The king was beaten outside a temple, where his wife & daughter found him.  Later, the princess challenged the minister to a duel and killed him, and reclaimed the throne for herself.

The thing that struck me as odd about this story was the original part - how can one pretend that a girl is a man, especially if her hair ain't cut out like a man's (of that era) and also, how could her father be kept in the dark about such a detail?  That made this episode look really ridiculous.
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
This weekend, they showed some of the earliest episodes of Shani, featuring Raja Vikramaditya.  I found it a little stretching it to have history and mythology fused together here.

They also showed some Ramayan re-telecasts, but stopped that in favor of some other Imagine serials.  Whatever the case, Imagine TV will go off the air on May 11th - after that, it'll not be around.

Hope someday that an all mytho channel comes along.
saanyag123 thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Thanks for the update, Vik

I pretty much agree w/ your comments.  Only thing I'll note though - Shani seems to be inconsistent b/w episodes.  A couple of episodes ago, he opposed the Kalketu-Meenakshi marriage and tricked her into marrying Brihaspati, and that on the grounds that an asura couldn't marry an apsara.  In this case then, why is he encouraging Jayanti to marry a human - find another asura to marry.  Shani seems to have a double standard - a male asura cannot marry a female human or apsara, but a male human or deva can marry a female asura. 👎🏼

Also, I wish that the prince & Jayanti were shown as being re-instated as yuvraj & yuvrani - in fact, they could have had the repentant father abdicate his throne for his son & DIL.  As usual, Shani couldn't think of a better margdarshan for Jayanti than marriage, even though he ignores his own wife.

I too noticed that MSDK has a rich pool of actors, which begs the question of why DBSK can't get any of them.  As it is, most of the roles in DBSK are almost cameo roles - e.g. Jarasandha & Sishupala only have a handful of episodes remaining, and even Balaram is hardly seen these days.  So any actress could fill in some of the future missing roles, such as Draupadi, Subhadra, Uttara and so on.  This Jayanti above could be a good Uttara.

P.S.  Last week's promo just uploaded on YT 😕

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t8P6VZr0gQ[/YOUTUBE]

saanyag123 thumbnail
name of the gal, who played the lead jayanti is Sonal Parihar
saanyag123 thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Thanks for the update, Vik

I pretty much agree w/ your comments.  Only thing I'll note though - Shani seems to be inconsistent b/w episodes.  A couple of episodes ago, he opposed the Kalketu-Meenakshi marriage and tricked her into marrying Brihaspati, and that on the grounds that an asura couldn't marry an apsara.  In this case then, why is he encouraging Jayanti to marry a human - find another asura to marry.  Shani seems to have a double standard - a male asura cannot marry a female human or apsara, but a male human or deva can marry a female asura. 👎🏼

Also, I wish that the prince & Jayanti were shown as being re-instated as yuvraj & yuvrani - in fact, they could have had the repentant father abdicate his throne for his son & DIL.  As usual, Shani couldn't think of a better margdarshan for Jayanti than marriage, even though he ignores his own wife.

I too noticed that MSDK has a rich pool of actors, which begs the question of why DBSK can't get any of them.  As it is, most of the roles in DBSK are almost cameo roles - e.g. Jarasandha & Sishupala only have a handful of episodes remaining, and even Balaram is hardly seen these days.  So any actress could fill in some of the future missing roles, such as Draupadi, Subhadra, Uttara and so on.  This Jayanti above could be a good Uttara.

P.S.  Last week's promo just uploaded on YT 😕

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t8P6VZr0gQ[/YOUTUBE]