desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
guys please share your thoughts upon the topic of : reincarnation

do you believe in it? yes no? why? i was just more or less curious about what everyone thinks about it... for me as u know..am on the fence w/ it...
btw and how is it mentioned in the scriptures..i know its mentioned many tmes when tlaking about the gods but what about us as humans..?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vibhishna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: desigrl05

guys please share your thoughts upon the topic of : reincarnation

do you believe in it? yes no? why? i was just more or less curious about what everyone thinks about it... for me as u know..am on the fence w/ it...
btw and how is it mentioned in the scriptures..i know its mentioned many tmes when tlaking about the gods but what about us as humans..?

A lot has been mentioned in the scriptures especially in the Mahabharat. Sikandi was considered the rebirth of Amba and Draupadi's previous life was mentioned. There is a story saying Krishna and Arjuna were the saints Narayana and Nara - two great saints in their previous births. An interesting story of how Urvasi came to be when Narayana created her from his thigh to teach Indra a lesson is a famous one. Bheeshma was the rebirth of Parthibeyan - a celestial being who stole the Kamadenu along with his friends and was punished to be born on the Earth as humans.

Ravan & Kumbhkaran, Kans and Sisupala were reincarnations of Jaya and Vijya, the guardians of the gates of Lord Vishnu's abode.

There are stories of how the women who sought Lord Ram for their husband were told to meet him in their next births when he would be Krishna.

The legends of Lord Venkateshwara (Tirumala) mentions Vakuladevi (considered the Lord's mother though she was not the one who gave birth to him) was the rebirth of Yashoda.

There are many others - I'm not able to remember them all.

Personally, I neither believe nor disbelieve in reincarnations. It depends on what you choose to believe.

My personal opinion - do not get confused with what the legends might say. Just believe what you chose to believe with a good reason. 😉

...Mina... thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Yes, I believe in Reincarnation.😃 I think all of us commit so many actions, good and bad, all of which cant bear the fruit in one life, so we must be born and reborn many times till we clear away all our Karma!
pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I totally believe in reincarnation. I know many people just disregard it and make fun of people who do. But how is it possible for one person to do enough good works to go to heaven in one life time? Its not. We are born again and again as different creatures and the human life is the most important as moksha is only attained after that.