Posted: 13 years ago

I really enjoyed reading the stories Pari, thank you for sharing them! 😊

Edited by Vedo - 13 years ago
...PARiNA... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

OHHH MY GOD !!!!!!!!
cant take my eyes off it .................... WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
i hv these lines in my mail account ... its awesome .... will use it .... surely

pls make one for Shiv ji too 😛 😆
Vishakha_Sakhi thumbnail
I'm happy you liked it Pari! 😳 
Do you have anything similar (I mean in terms of words) with Shivji that I can make?
muffins2waffles thumbnail

WOW WOW!
Just wow 😳
Beautiful, everything about is just beautiful!
Loving it to the core, shall definitely use soon. Like Parina said, please do make something like this of Shiva You can maybe make one with a mantra on Shiva or something, if you have time of coursee. 😳
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Beautiful write-ups guys, thank you so much for sharing 😍 Vedo, am printing that Shri Krishna one out and putting it on my wall, soooo beautiful 👏

Just received this forward from someone and loved it, I think you guys might too 😳

An excerpt from

The Road to Happiness

by Mac Anderson and BJ Gallagher

When I travel on business, I like to talk to the taxi drivers who take me from the airport to my hotel, or to a convention center, or to a restaurant. Taxi drivers are often immigrants with interesting personal histories and unusual cultural backgrounds. I ask them how long they've been in America, how they chose which city to live in, and what they like best about where they live.

Of course, I also ask them for advice on good local restaurants and any special attractions they'd recommend to a visitor. I've had some great experiences on my travels, thanks to the advice of taxi drivers!

On one trip about ten years ago, I was making conversation with the taxi driver, asking him my usual questions about how he came to live where he lived. Then I asked him a hypothetical question: "If you could live anywhere in the world-and if money was no object-where would you live?"

Without hesitating even for a second, he replied, "I live in my heart. So it really doesn't matter where my body lives. If I am happy inside, then I live in paradise, no matter where my residence is."

I felt humbled and a little foolish for my question. Of course he was right--happiness is an inside job. He had reminded me of something I already knew, but had forgotten.

If you can't find happiness inside yourself, you'll never find it in the outside world, no matter where you move. Wherever you go, there you are. You take yourself with you.

I am grateful for the wisdom of that taxi driver. And I'm grateful for all the wisdom others have shared with me about how to be happy.

Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
This is some info which I got from my uncle, I think its more for people who say we cannot see the almighty.
"When we light diyas we use Ghee. Ghee is made from milk. Without boiling the milk for a while we cannot see the ghee inside. Similarly the almighty is inside us. If we want to see the almighty we have to burn "our mind"with devotion and good deeds. Only then the lord comes like ghee from milk. "
Vishakha_Sakhi thumbnail

City of Brahman

What is in the macrocosm is in this microcosm.

Within the city of Brahman, which is the body, there is the heart, and within the heart there is a little house.

This house has the shape of a lotus, and within it dwells that which is to be sought after, inquired about, and realized.

What then is that which, dwelling within this little house, this lotus of the heart, is to be sought after, inquired about, and realized?

As large as the universe outside, even so large is the universe within the lotus of the heart.

Within it are heaven and earth, the sun, the moon, the lightning, and all the stars.

What is in the macrocosm is in this microcosm.
-Chandogya Upanishad
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
A friend sent me this beautiful story that illustrates for us how there is a meaning of mercy behind all of God's plans, no matter how unjust they may seem in the short-run... I really loved it and was moved by it, and I think you'll enjoy it too:

Once there was a sweeper in a well known temple who was very devout and pure of heart. Each day he saw thousands of devotees coming to worship the Lord, laying all their troubles at his feet for him to solve.

The naive sweeper was overcome with worry that God may be getting tired of this daily routine, and the people's prayers may suffer for it. So one morning very innocently he asked the Lord whether he can take his place for a day so that the Lord can have some relief and rest.

The deity situated in the Temple replied, "I do not mind taking a break. I will endow you with this statue form just like mine, but you must do one thing. You must just stand here like me, smile at everyone, and just give benedictions. Do not interfere with anything and do not say anything. Remember you are the deity representing me, and just have faith that I have a master plan for everything." The sweeper agreed to this.

The next day the sweeper took the position of the deity and a rich man came and prayed to the Lord. He offered a nice donation and prayed that his business should be prosperous. While going, the rich man inadvertently left his wallet full of money right there. Now the sweeper in the form of deity could not call him and so he decided to control himself and keep quiet. Just then a poor man came and he put one coin in the bowl as it was all he could afford, and he prayed to the Lord that he should continue to be engaged in the Lord's service. He also said that his family was in dire need of some basic necessities but he left it to the good hands of the Lord to provide a  solution when the time is right. When he opened his eyes, he saw the wallet left by the rich man. The poor man thanked the Lord for His kindness and took the wallet very innocently. The sweeper in the form of the Deity could not say anything and he had to just keep smiling.

At that point a sailor walked in. He prayed for a safe journey as he was going to embark on a long trip. Just then the rich man came with the police and said that somebody has stolen his wallet, and seeing the sailor there, he asked the police to arrest him thinking that he might have taken it.

Now the sweeper in the form of Deity wanted to say that the sailor is not the thief but he could not say so and he became greatly frustrated. The sailor looked at the Lord and asked why he, an innocent person, is being punished.

The rich man looked at the Lord and thanked Him for finding the thief. The sweeper in the deity form could no longer tolerate it, and he thought that even if the real Lord had been here, he would have definitely interfered, and hence he started speaking and said that the sailor is not the thief but it was the poor man who took away the
wallet. The rich man was very thankful as was the sailor.

In the night, the real Lord came and He asked the sweeper how the day was. The sweeper said, "I thought it would be easy, but now I know that Your days are not easy, but I did one good thing." Then he explained the whole episode to the Lord.

The Lord became very upset on hearing this whereas the sweeper thought the Lord would appreciate him for the good deed done. The Lord asked, "Why did you not just stick to the plan? You had no faith in Me. Do you think that I do not understand the hearts of all those who come here? All the donations which the rich man gave were comprised of stolen money and it is only a fraction of what he really has and he wants Me to reciprocate with sincerity and without limits. The single coin offered by the poor man was the last coin he had and he gave it to Me out of faith. The sailor might not have done anything wrong, but if he would have embarked on his journey then, the raging storm that occurred that night would have killed him. Had he been arrested for that short while, he would have been saved from this great calamity and soon enough, justice would have prevailed.

The wallet should go to the poor man because he will use it in My service. I was going to reduce the rich man's burden of bad karma also by doing this and save the sailor also. But you canceled everything because you thought you know My plan and you made your own plans."

God has plans and justice for everyone....we just have to have patience!!!!!

...PARiNA... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
 it reminded me Bruse Almighty 😆 j/k

jokes apart.....Love the story ...    Love this  part specially

The sailor might not have done anything wrong, but if he would have embarked on his journey then,<<< the raging storm that occurred that night would have killed him. Had he been arrested for that short while, he would have been saved from this great calamity >>>😍 😍  and soon enough, justice would have prevailed.

it happened with me when something was not done the way I/my family wanted .... I cried and fought with God .. why He did this to us .. ?? what was our fault ..?? bla bla 😛   but we don't know the reality behind it ... we dont understand its God Wish !!! What ever He is doing is the right way.. we dont know the future only he knows it,  our past and our Karma !

Thanks a lot lola for sharing it...🤗 it reminded me some good/bad memories  😒

Edited by ...PARiNA... - 13 years ago
Vishakha_Sakhi thumbnail
Thanks for sharing that lovely story Lola 🤗 it was very meaningful! Whenever I am facing problems I always think "Everything happens for a reason" and if you have patience soon enough that reason will be revealed to you! Nobody knows what the future holds so we should just trust God...have that strong faith and go on with our work.