The stuff Dhrasti has to do to become Geet

bluejalpari thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

Hi Friends,

I  was looking back at all the scenes that dhrasti really did very well....which were difficualt in my opinion..but she is one gutsy woman I must say. I feel Dhrasti has done a lot to become Geet...following are some scenes which I can think of. Some important scenes I have put in red....you guys can add moe scenes to the list.

1) The time when she is about to be mudered in HP. She has to portray primal fear....nerve racking fear...and total trust in the stranger who saved her. Her looks were that of a little girl about to be butchered...she was very convincing.

2) When she confronts her family and hands Brij to police.....that was a " Damini" type of a scene..no makeup..a girl standing up to her rights to live.

3) Saree tearing sequence after Kurbaan hua...man that was one scene which I wondered how she did it...her feelings of humiliation and tears must have come naturally in that sequence..to enact such a scene in front of so many people in the party in the spotlight...to cry and still stand there clutching the chethada of a saree....i dont think any comparative serial herione has done such a seqeunce with such grace.

4)Facing a shirtless Gurmeet/Maan in the kehna hai sequnce...( you girls can think of why I call the scene difficult..ahem)...to act out physical attraction is again..not a joke.

5)The scene where Maan removes jewewllery which Dadima has put on her....I MEAN HOW DID SHE STAND THERE WITHOUT FIDGITING..,,I would have been all over the place...to stand there so calmly while Maan kept taking out the jewels piece by piece...that woman was something.

6)The bathtub rose petal scene of engagement day...I mean when you are wearing such clothes like a lapeta hua towel you already feel so vulnerable..on top GC...and he is touching her. God.
And madam is actually in water.

7)Manali RTM scene.

8) The latest mistreatment bad dance scene between Maneet where Maan forces her to dance and she slaps back...you can see from pics that they were actaully into it..he was actually forcing her..she was actually resisting..she even had pinned up her duppatta for the sequence so it wont fall off in the hustle. Frankly I was nauseating after I saw how how was manhandling her...wonder if she vomited after the scene.Hats of to dhrasti for that piece of acting.

Following points courtesy Rollz

9) The scene where she reveals her pregnancy to Maan...she knows he is anticipating something else..she could have got away saying I love you..but she wants to tell the truth first because for Maan truth is first. She begs for an opportunity to tell the whole truth.
Personaly I feel dhrasti is much better than Gurmeet in self-realization -crying scenes...she is more convincing in tears. without going overboard.

10) The hospital reunion scene where she scold him with tears but is content to meet him...laughing and crying at the same time.

This woman has to go through so many challenges in either action/romantic scenes..or where Maan is being aggressive....I think dhrasti was strong enough to take on such a role..come across as a stong protogonist in Geet, but still be able to look convincingly vulnerable and womany, docile and actually silly and cute.

Hats off to dhrasti.....

perks: she gets to be carried around by Maan/GC all the time....:):):)

All in all..I think Dhrasti gives in her emotions to the scene completely, she doesnt hold back...thats why whether its comedy, crying or anger....she looks very convincing.
You guys can add more scenes to the list...

bluefish

Edited by bluefish - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NatashaSahai thumbnail
drashti needs a loud applause.. .
Hats of to her !!!
NatashaSahai thumbnail
drashti needs a loud applause...
DushtDanaf. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
The separation scene was emotionally demanding too; and almost all of the romantic scenes were really really ambarrassing to act out; plus you've got GC being all hott and cold towards her so she has to act out physical attraction but not be too convincing either since the alternative is just to mortifyingly ambarrassing.Edited by DushtDanaf. - 13 years ago
bluejalpari thumbnail

Originally posted by: DushtDanaf.

The separation scene was emotionally demanding too; and almost all of the romantic scenes were really really ambarrassing to act out; plus you've got GC being all hott and cold towards her so she has to act out physical attraction but not be too convincing either since the alternative is just to mortifyingly ambarrassing.

Absolutely true.....she cant be too convincing in romance or physicall attarction ...afterall the worls is watcing....
and GC is hot and cold....
well said.
Dilsay thumbnail
Just wanted to refresh my mind  about the 4th scene you have mentioned .Which one is that?and the # of episode if possible.

Thanks
sashishezi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
drashti is really a superstar but i also want to know about 4th scene this one is from which episode?
LoLo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Yes, yes, yes she is superb and the perks ain't so bad either 😍
bluejalpari thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dilsay

Just wanted to refresh my mind  about the 4th scene you have mentioned .Which one is that?and the # of episode if possible.

Thanks

4th scene. is th4 "kehna hai kya " song sequene where he puts her jhumka in her ear...jodha akbar scene..where for the first time she seeing him shirtless has an effect on her.
It is after that scene that she accepts that she has an "ehsaas" for him...but she must go away because she cant tell him the truth.
Dilsay thumbnail
Thankssssssssssssssss