Mythological Masti

Bhakti Lessons from MaharishiGarg (RS ShriKrishna) - Page 3

Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: lola610

... just wanted to reply to one point raised by Debi di... even though it was addressed to daau, I'm sure di won't mind 😉

- Lola, yes, Loved the explanation! ⭐️ Such are the greateness of these characters!!! ⭐️

Now regarding the new scene 😊- The main points are already covered by Shivang ⭐️. So here I am just mentioning some of the dialogues by Garg, which I just LOOVE to watch again and again ⭐️-

When he says ' "Ek ore Dhaaranhaar, ek ore Taaranhaar. Mai to un dono ki manohar kalpana me hi dooba rehta hoon" 😍

And while listening to these dialogues- Ek ore to Swayam Sarvashaktimaan, Devaki ki garbh me. Aur phir udar Unki do param shaktiyaan, Rohini aur Yashoda ki garbh me... Aaj tak kisi bhi kaal me kisi bhi lok me, aisi teen teen Mahashaktiyan eksaath avateerna nahi hui" ⭐️- I always remember the line- 'Teeno hot sushobhit aise, teeno lok ek sang ho jaise' ⭐️  from the song 'Aise bhakt kahan' 

Or,

The part mentioned by Shivang, "Aaj saari vishva me hamari dhara bhi vandaneeya ho gayi! Aaj doosri taaramandal  se yadi koi hamari dharti ko dekhe to usse hamari dharti ki charo ore ek divya aabha ki ghata dikhai deti hogi" 😍 😍

And at last when he says to Akrur- "Akrurji, Gokul ho aaiye. Unki darshan se mann, buddhi aur vaani- teeno pavitra ho jayega" 😍

- All these dialogues are delivered in such a way so as to generate the feeling of Awe, Beauty and Devotion in us!! ⭐️ ⭐️

It is really sad  😔  that still, we do not know the name of the actor, he has done really wonderful work in SK! ⭐️ ⭐️

Edited by Debipriya - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Yayyy!!! As expected, both of you pointed out everything I would have wanted to extract from this particular scene.

The highlight for me is "woh to swayam hi is jagat ke rakshak hain! unki raksha kaun karega?" It is yet another comforting reminder of God's omniscience and protection.

Like Shivang bhaiya said, the scene also kicks off the karmyog-bhaktiyog debate that is continued between these same characters much later in the series. Akrur's point about "bhagwan ki shakti par bharosa karna, par akarmanya na ho jaana" is very valid and logical; perhaps because it originates from the Guru himself (he starts it off with "aap hi to kehte rehte hai")... and in the fewest words possible, Garg asserts that he's not negating that lesson, it is still valid in this case. Just that the karm Akrur wants to take on is not his responsibility, but God's. Not doing it wouldn't be akarmanyata, just minding his own business 😆 The moving of women and children away from Mathura was feasible for him so doing so was within his karm, but trying to station a handful of friends around a prison with maximum security and expecting them to be able to protect its inhabitants from the guards was not. What is too big a job for our limited capabilities, we can happily leave to God, and He will take care of it just fine 😊

And of course, for devotional purposes the "taaranhaar-dhaaranhaar" line and the description of the earth while they are on it are truly golden. Couldn't describe them better than you guys already did. Ek hi confusion... baby showers are ladies-only events; Gargacharya apne shishya ko wahan bhejkar usse pitvaana chahte hai kya 😆 j/k... I'm sure he had just as much fun in the separate room with Nand Baba watching those girls embarrass him - I definitely would have 😆

And daau, what you pointed out as a contradiction in Garg's protective instinct for Krishna that we see during the naming ceremony and this early display of faith was perfectly sorted out by you yourself. Par ek aur minor baat mere bheje mein aayi - in this scene, he is saying that he is not worried for Devaki and Vasudev, and the worry he experiences shortly after is for Baby Kanha. The former may be because of his awareness of Dharmo Rakshati Rakshitah, or because of the miracles he recounted from when Baby Balram protected his parents from within the womb. He may have thought that God will do these chamatkaars to prepare for His appearance on earth, but once He Himself appears, He will do the same thing as Ram Avtaar and behave as an ordinary human child. Thus, after that child form was assumed and before Garg had a chance to behold it in all its glory, he may have thought that God as an ordinary human child was going to need some degree of secrecy and protection.
Edited by lola610 - 12 years ago
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Next scene! A short one, probably very limited scope for discussion so we'll move through it quickly... or maybe you guys will surprise me 😉

Summary: Vasudev goes to his Gurudev (sorry, had to say it that way 'cuz it rhymes :P) to find out about the existence of Baby Balram. Garg assures him that this is his own son who has escaped from Kans's clutches through a miraculous transfer, and that he didn't tell him sooner because he might spill the beans when he was interrogated by Kans.

23 and a half minutes into this:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPYpi8Y9x74[/YOUTUBE]
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Yaaay, we're quickly moving ahead to my favorite Garg scene, the one right after Swapnil's entry when Garg Maharshi tells Akrur about the importance of Krishna's prem leelas. Lol, guess we're not quite there yet, but almost!

This one's another one of my favorites, because we see firsthand Garg's insightness when he chose not to tell Vasudev about Balaram, because he knew Vasudev might spill the beans to Kans if questioned. Also, another reason I love this scene is because we get to see Vasudev's fatherly love being given importance. Like Shivang Anna mentioned in that other thread I created about a father's love, there is both a mother and father aspect in a parent, and for the first time we see Vasudev's mother aspect come to light as he expresses happiness and excitement for the safety of his child, feelings we often see in Devaki and Yashoda more than Nand and Vasudev.
ShivangBuch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Lola

Very very valid observation yaar. It is definitely another self contradiction because Dharmo Rakshati Rakshitah reasoning should be extended and applied to baby Krishna too. If Vasudev's dharma can protect him, then it should also save his child from physical danger at his will. But then it becomes very complicated point because then first 6 babies should also never have died. And also if we think that it is just because Garg wanted all planned events of bringing up of Krishna at Nand's place to take place without any further hurdles for Nand and Akrur, then why did he reveal even afterwards? Also, one more thing is that, had he revealed it earlier then possibly all innocent babies of Mathura might not have been killed - but then the entire miracle events of crossing of river and exchange of babies would have become meaningless. Ghum phir kar wahin. Round and round and round.😆 I will post about next scene later.

Janu

Oh so your most favourite scene is also the same as mine. But wait. Before that Lola's most favourite two scenes of Gargacharya are due next. So happy to see you in this thread. Missing your valuable contribution in Character diary. Also you reserved a post in Geeta thread. How do you interpret the verse of Adhyay 7 - Kaamai staistaihritagnyanah ... Antvattu phalam tesham... (nothing related to this though)? 
Edited by ShivangBuch - 12 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: ShivangBuch

Janu

Oh so your most favourite scene is also the same as mine. But wait. Before that Lola's most favourite two scenes of Gargacharya are due next. So happy to see you in this thread. Missing your valuable contribution in Character diary. Also you reserved a post in Geeta thread. How do you interpret the verse of Adhyay 7 - Kaamai staistaihritagnyanah ... Antvattu phalam tesham... (nothing related to this though)? 

Yes, though that is my favorite Gargacharya scene, I actually love all of them for their valuable lessons.😃 I will try to contribute in character diary, but the reason I'm staying away from it currently is that once I start writing stories, I'll never stop and that's not good for me right now, what with all the papers I have to write for class.😆 But I'll try to do at least one of them and also read all your entries.

I know I reserved a post in the Geeta thread, but I did not find time to edit it. Could we just talk about that here so that we don't have to switch threads? What was that adhyaya again, which the Russian government found instigatory?
ShivangBuch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
^^^All Gargaachaarya scenes are my favourite too. But that one followed by blind poet scene (so in the sequence, it captures the emotional aspect also which we see in Vasudev after hearing the name Krishna and his safety) and the coverage of spiritual debates just in 1 scene and also an essay on Krishna is a special one.

You will rock in Character diary and FFs I tell you. Anytime comfortable. No hurry. Your Kaushalya entry remained there as reserved only and next scene after that is also now over. So now it is the most appropriate time to use the concept of 'RESERVED' and this is actually the case reserving the posts is meant for 😆. Had new scene not been given, you could add your entry last also and there was no need of reserving the post. The fact that you did, you still have a chance there as well.😃

And that Geeta discussion can be continued in Geeta thread only. There you can write something in your reserved post (a couple of lines of summary like in my next post or in Lola's post about the verses contents - not the event though because issue is now resolved as per the next post of mine) and then in a new post, just share your interpretation of Adhyay 7 verse translation. No there was nothing specific which was opposed by Russians. Those verses were just compiled by me to be the possibility of misinterpretation. Among them, "Avyaktam Vyaktimaapannam, manyante maam abudhayah" - I want your interpretation of verses around this one (Verse number mentioned in my first post of that thread). Does the above quote mean that even the devotion of SAAKAAR form of God is also inferior compared to NIRAAKAAR? This line is very delicate and crucial.
Edited by ShivangBuch - 12 years ago