Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

premeer thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: aishi.muffin

Genelia just celebrated her 23rd birthday! 😆 She's not almost 30 😆 Born in 1987 :) I think you got the info from wikipedia, which isn't right. All other sources plus she herself confirmed that she's only 23.

LOL anyway I also love your views! Very nicely put! 👏

Oh sorry if it's not true... i don remember properly where i read or may b from friends... but definitely not from wikipedia.... She's 23... but then she started her career in 2003 n she'd have only completed her 10th by then...
malluangel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
YAY! you picked this.

ok so my pov:
they need to stop, even in the malayalam industry, theyre great actors but lets face it: youre old! OLD I TELL YOU!
i mean, theres all these great young actors, but theyre not getting the scripts, roles, movies they should, because it's all being written to fit the older generation in.
It's sad, they have to import heroines becuase it's that AWKWARD!

will be back later :P
muffins2waffles thumbnail
Originally posted by: supercool3

Awesome topic

You know this is also one thing that bothers me when I see older actors romance actresses who are like their daughters' age. ( Great example as mentioned a few times are Rajini and Shreya in Sivaji)

I mean story wise it may follow.. but when you seem to know how old these ppl really are.. it kind of grosses you out.
Stepping down doesn't literally have to mean completely stopping films. They can still play other serious roles which may be more suiting to their age. Like I just hate it when the older actors use their heroines just for a few song sequences and then you don't see them again. It's quite annoying. If you possess the capability to pull off a good performance... you don't necessarily  have to be the center of attention all the time ( examples are Prabhu, Karthik)
Actors should atleast move onto other roles after they hit like 45 or something. Especially 'cause most of the actors above 45 do the same type of films over and over again which people are tired of.

For actresses it is quite a tough career. This is mostly 'cause in the past an actress is usually able to hold a strong ground until she's married. But once she tries to make a comeback, it is rather quite hard to attain that same spot, and in this case, many even move to supporting roles. I can say that this trend is changing now where you see actresses making comebacks in films as heroines, but it is quite rare in the South industries where it seems rather too hard to deviate from the " supposed" tradition of an actress not continuing with films after marriage.

But then even in this, actresses simply resort to just wanting to only concentrate on their families and nothing else... which is by personal choice ( Example is Jyothika who I love soo much and terribly miss too, yet still proud of her for placing family in front of everything else)

Anywayz... what am saying is that if actors can still continue to play the center of attention in
Someone mentioned that women are more sensitive due to issues like pregnancy and tend to age faster than men. Well that is true. But after a certain point even men start to age, and in the case of an actor, they would still look young and fresh if they were able to maintain their bodies physically and mentally. I think the same can go for actresses. Even after starting a family and giving birth, etc., if the actress can maintain herself just like she had done earlier, she can still make a come back as a heroine looking all fresh and new.

old age, then actresses can still have the capability to do the same.

So in that case, actors should step down after a certain point. I mean it's like they've had their successful run, it's time to take a break and let the young bloods take their spot.

But I think it also depends on the fans too because they can make the actor and even break the actor too. And some may not even want to see their fave shift to supporting roles. Like what would Rajinikanth's fans say if he stopped playing the hero ?  ( Am not trying to offend anyone here)

Wow that was quite long.. but yea.. hope I made myself clear

Yea I said that, but I was saying maybe that's why older woman don't act. I was on your side only =)
Originally posted by: premeer4rever

Oh sorry if it's not true... i don remember properly where i read or may b from friends... but definitely not from wikipedia.... She's 23... but then she started her career in 2003 n she'd have only completed her 10th by then...

Yea I think she was 16 with her first film, lol. Anyways who knows 😆
..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

HOLY WOW. 16?! damn. thats young. thats like hansika too, from desamuduru, but i don't know if that was her first movie or not😆😆
Originally posted by: Naina2127

HOLY WOW. 16?! damn. thats young. thats like hansika too, from desamuduru, but i don't know if that was her first movie or not😆

😆

Yea! And Charmi Kaur was 13 when she did her first film!!!!!😆
Nihariikaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Gen's first movie "Boys"  she looked quite young in that movie.

malluangel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
@nainu, hasnika debuted with aap ka surroor that flop himesh r movie, she was maybe 16 in that, cuz see i read somewhere last year i believe that she was TURNING 18, and a couple months ago random point- she was 13 when she was one of the kids in koi mil gaya, and 3 yrs later she came back a "bombshell"