Punchline
: clean threesome
Genre:
Family Drama
Type:
Straight
Banner:
Sri Venkateswara Creations

Cast: NTR, Kajal Agarwal, Samantha, Prakash Raj, Srihari, Kota Sreenivasa Rao, Brahmanandam, Venu Madhav, Ajay, Tanikella Bharani, Praneet Reddy, Raghu Babu, Ahuti Prasad, Fish Venkat, Surekhavani, Pratima, Hema etc

Music: S Thaman
Cinematography
: Chota K Naidu
Editing: Marthand K Venkatesh
Art: AS Prakash
Dialogues: Koratala Shiva
Fights: Ram - Lakshman
Story - screenplay - direction: Vamsi Paidipally
Producer: Dil Raju

Story

brindavanam Krish (NTR) is the only son of a multi-millionaire industrialist and his girlfriend is Indu (Samantha). Indu's friend is Bhoomi (Kajal Agarwal). Bhoomi's father (Prakash Raj) forces her to get into wedlock but she wants to continue her studies. Hence she lies to her father that she is already in love with a guy and her father wants to meet her boy friend. Indu asks Krish to act as boyfriend of Bhoomi. The rest of the story is all about what happens in Brindavanam (Prakash Raj's house).

Artists Performance

khaleja NTR: NTR who is known as huge mass hero came out of his image to do a character that doesn't have his usual roughness to it. He is very good as a lover boy and a lovable son. He has also made sure that there are ample fights and a few mass dialogues for his fan-base to enjoy. NTR should be appreciated for doing the pre-climax scene. He again proves to be one of the best dancers in the industry.

brindavanamOthers: Kajal Agarwal is nice. Samantha who played prim, proper and individualistic Jessie in YMC played a glamorous role in this film by wearing western outfits. She is cool. Prakash Raj does his usual father role with panache. Srihari is very good in an important role. Brahmanandam is hilarious as dupe father of NTR. Ajay looks dashing as villain, Tanikella Bharani and Kota Sreenivasa Rao are excellent. Venu madhav, Mukesh Rushi, Raghu Babu & Ahuti Prasad are adequate.

Technical departments

khalejaStory screenplay - direction: The story of the movie resembles a few similar themed films like Bavagaru Bagunnara and Allugugaru Vacharu. There also traces of Bommarillu in Prakash Raj's characterization. Vamsi Paidipalli has proved his calibre as a director who knows how to make stylish, action films with his debut Munna. The action sequences in this movie are also well conceived. Vamsi has also did well in entertainment department in the second half of brindavanam. However, he couldn't get it right when it comes to emotional/sentiment scenes. He tried using typical Karan Johar kind of sentiment where each and every character in the movie has moisturized eyes either due to happiness or sadness. The senti/emotional scenes are artificial in the movie. But the screenplay is properly formatted to cater to all sections of audiences.

brindavanamOther departments: Music by Thaman is good on screen when combined with the visuals. Background music is nice. Dialogues by Koratala Siva are neat. Cinematography by Chota K Naidu is excellent. I liked the way he has shown the vehicles with a clear sky behind. Editing is smooth. Art direction by Anand Sai is good. Ram - Laxman's fights are enjoyable. Production values by Dil Raju are good very good.

khalejaAnalysis: First half of the movie is adequate. Major part of the second half is entertaining. Climax of the movie is debatable. The plus points are NTR and entertainment in second half (from interval to the 5th song of the movie). On the flip side, the story of the movie gives us deja vu feeling in many aspects and the emotional part should have been natural (instead of appearing forced). Brindavanam is a decent and clean movie with enough ingredients to make it work at box office. It is up to NTR to get a range for the movie.

Source: Idle Brain

Edited by premeer4rever - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

premeer thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Review says it all i guess... excited to watch this one
kavya.b thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
i'm going to watch it NOW

review frm bharat student

Brindaavanam Movie Review 

3Post Comment
 Movie Review : Brindaavanam 
Rating : 3.25/5 
Banner : Sri Venkateswara Creations 
Cast : NTR Jr, Kajal Agarwal, Samantha, Prakash Raj, Mukesh Rishi, Sri Hari, Ajay and Others
Dialogues : Koratala Shiva
Fights : Peter Hynes
Cinematography : Chota K Naidu
Editing : Mathand K Venkatesh
Music : Thaman
Producer: Dil Raju
Director: Vamsi Paidipally 
Released Date: October 14, 2010
Story:
A family tale, the story begins with Krishna (ntr) who is a very rich boy but who goes out of his way to help his friends and those he cares about. His parents (mukesh rishi, pragathi) dote on him as well. Krishna has got a girlfriend Indu (samantha) and she comes up with a problem. Her best friend Bhumi (kajal) is forcibly getting married to her Bava (ajay) by her father (prakashraj). Indu tells Krish to act as Bhumi's boyfriend and spoil the marriage at any cost. However, there are few surprises in store for Krish as he reaches Bhumi's place. What happens from there forms the rest of the story.
Presentation:
The director has come up with a predictable storyline but then it is his presentation and narrative that scores the best. The dialogues were impressive, the script was neat and the screenplay was effective. Background score was good and three songs were nice. Cinematography was top notch. Editing was crisp. Special mention goes to the costumes and art department for giving a pleasant appeal. Appreciations go to the fight department for coming up with very good action sequences. NTR junior did his bit with poise and he did justice. Kajal and Samantha were absolutely gorgeous and both gave ample feast of their glamour and sex appeal. Prakashraj was contained, Srihari was entertaining, Mukesh Rishi was subdued, Kota was good. Brahmi gave many laughs, Venu Madhav was hilarious, Raghu Babu and Ahuti Prasad were alright. The ladies comprising of Sana, Hema, Pragathi, Sithara, Kalyani, Surekha Vani filled the screen with their occasional dialogues. 
Conclusion:
Though the film has formed its story from several other movies, it manages to cover up and impress with its rich presentation and high technical values. While the first half was filled with songs, action and melodrama, the second half picks up momentum with comedy and while the climax was predictable, it gives a good feel. Overall, the film is high in presentation, average in content and good in entertainment. This is a treat for the family audience so it will succeed at the box office.

Bharatstudent Verdict: Colorful family treat, worth watching!!
Edited by kavya.b - 13 years ago
kavya.b thumbnail
i have watched the movie
will give details 2morow

as of now, all i can say is.....movie is brilliant 
finally some good movie aftr two disasters (khaleja n puli)
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks for the review!

Looks like a good movie, i am glad its not the usual action movie=)

MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
thnk God im so happy for this.. after khaleja and Puli i needed this to recover from the aftereffects..😆
premeer thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
@kavya

waiting 4r ur review
muffins2waffles thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-kavya.b

i have watched the movie

will give details 2morow

as of now, all i can say is.....movie is brilliant 
finally some good movie aftr two disasters (khaleja n puli)

This is an odd question, but is it a clean movie? In order for me to go watch it with my family, it has to be clean...like no kissing and stuff. Sorry. odd question but was just wondering. 😆
-Aicha- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I really want to watch it this movie! =) It seems so different for the recent ones..so i really want to watch it!

But people who have seen it, PLEASE tell me which heroine he ends up with? :D I have a feeling its Kajal, but I just want to know :D thanks! :)
kavya.b thumbnail
@aishi -  it's a complete family entertainer...it's a super clean movie, which i haven't watched in the recent times....

cmng to the review

movie was too good, may b bcoz i had very low expectations....but anyway it's very good movie

it's colorful movie, 
the tale is not very new, but the presentation makes it all entertaining and interesting
they made it all comedy-centric....
first half has most of the tale, 2nd half is slightly dragged, n the movie is long.....but the comedy fills in everything,
but still i say that they could have reduced some 10-15 mins, to make it more watchable

songs were avg, and the dances wre not very heavy mostly bcoz they were not solo performances....had space for heroine to dance as well, which i actually appreciate....

spoilers

story in short
NTR-krishna...krish
samanta - indu
kajal - bhoomi

krish is the only son of very rich family, he has no restictions at all frm his parents....Indu is his GF, Bhoomi is Indu's frnd, Bhoomi's father fixes her marriage with her bava but she wants to persue higer studies...so she asks indu for help, Indu asks krish to help bhoomi by going to her village and act as bhoomi's BF
Brindavanam is the name of their home, but that's only a name sake brindavanam....that house is with fear for prekash raj n not love....n NTR wants to set all this, so that bhoomi should not have any problem later....sri hari is step brother of PR, whose common father is Kota srinivas rao....
years back, PR sends away SH out of his home as listening to bharani, his sister's husband....
Krish plans n brings back bro's together
PR also accepts krish as his SIL....Only then he'll know that Indu is SH's daughter...which also comes out as a shocker to both Indu n Bhoomi also n the story goes on...bhoomi also falls in love with krish
the end is similar to nari nari naduma murari.......