New FF: Midnight Magic chapter 14 page 34

IndigoBlues thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Hey guys. Some of you may remember me as the author of 'An Unusual Grihapravesh'. I ended it because I did not want to stretch it longer than its logical conclusion. But I've promised to write a new one. For those of you who are unknown to my writing skills, do read this FF and make your judgements. Try not to be harsh. 😊

Midnight Magic

Chapter One

All magical stories begin at midnight, when the clock strikes twelve and every unknown creature comes out of hiding. There's the Sandman, who lulls everyone to sleep. The fairies who pass on their lively chatter to the humans in the form of dreams. Evil also lurks everywhere, causing nightmares and strange apparitions are seen, of creatures from the time gone by. And finally, the lady Death sings her sad song, and all lost souls gravitate towards her. Magic is everywhere, but it shows its true form only during midnight.

But none of these spirits were doing their job for Geet Handa. She was still awake, not able to dream or have nightmares, and scared of the new life growing inside her. To create is easy but to destroy is difficult. Unmarried, alone and worst, without the man she had loved with all her heart. And yet she did not want to die a coward. She had to live, and make a place for herself in the world. After so much trouble she had finally escaped from her horrible family with their archaic rules and corporal punishments. Her parents had long since passed on to that mystery world where no living person can enter. The proximity of her house to the forest made her more nervous. The serene beauty of the environment brought lots of happy, yet sad memories to her mind.

Suddenly, the phone rang. Picking it up, a familiar voice yelled across the phone.

"Geet!"

"Yes sir," she sighed.

Maan Singh Khurana, the twenty five year old managing director of Khurana Constructions and the most emotionless man she had ever seen. She didn't mind the pay nor the office guidelines-better than her home in the small town of Hoshiarpur anyway. But she did mind the way he never appreciated the work any of his employees did. Even Sasha and Tasha with their greased faces and designer dresses could have no effect on him. He had no known family, definitely not a wife. There were no photos on his desk save that of an old lady who everyone assumed was his grandmother who had long since passed on.

"Come right now."

"Come right now? Are you out of your mind?" was the first thing she had said when Maan had first called her. But now she was resigned to working in office at odd hours. Maan and Midnight were the two things that constantly plagued her mind. Often she was compelled to blurt out that she was pregnant and she needed the sleep. But the thought of saying that to anyone made the colour fade away from her face. She did not need another fiasco. She was horrified at the thought that rather than kicking her out, he might take pity on her and try to be philanthropic. She knew she was being too proud, but she was earning enough to eat for two, thank you very much.

"I'm coming," she said wearily.

"I'll send the car."

She never understood why, despite her saying a thousand times not to, he would always send the car. He would never let her come alone. She knew it was sweet of him to do that but somehow the words 'Sweet' and 'Maan' did not gel.

With a great sigh she lifted herself up from the bed and dragged herself downstairs, hoping none of the neighbours would spot her. She did not want any nasty comments about going to the office to meet the boss at midnight. She hated Maan from the core of her heart for doing this to her.

xxx

So guys, did you like the intro? For those of you who are not in my PM list just drop a comment

Index

One: Page 1
Two:Page 4
Three:Page 7
Four: Page 9
Five:Page 11
Six: Page 12
Seven:Page 14
Eight: Page 16
Nine: Page 18
Ten: Page 20
Eleven: Pg 24
Twelve: Page 26 Edited by IndigoBlues - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.sireesha. thumbnail
Thats Interesting
Pls continue soon
Sonali92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
loce it... update soon pls
NoorFatima thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

the intro is nice

lody thumbnail
Plzz plzz can u add me on ur pm lest and plzz update soon am realy wating her for the next part
Sofna thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Welcom Bak πŸ€—...n of course cont.....

.anishaa. thumbnail
I loved it, love your choice of words, the concept, and where it's going! Please continue! 😊
-Anisha
shivangi783 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Intro was quite captivating....
Please continue soon....
Ash1991 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
nice...lv da intro n do continue soon..........plz add me 2 ur pm list.......
KrishnaSourav thumbnail
nice , lovely update.
update soon.