Simi Garewal returns with Rendezvous

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Simi Garewal returns with Rendezvous

Will sport short, chic hair in the upcoming season of the show

Subhash K Jha

Indian television's classiest talk show is all set to return. Rendezvous with Simi Garewal will be back on screen from January 29 with an introductory episode featuring John Abraham. Simi raves about her first guest. "John was an absolute eye-opener. He is such a genuine, down-to-earth guy. I'm yet to meet someone as deserving success as John. I met his parents during the research for Rendezvous and I know where John got his virtues. On Rendezvous he has spoken both about professional and personal pressures. I can't think of a better candidate than him for my inaugural episode."

But it's the post-inaugural segment, to be telecast in the first week of February 2006 which really proves Simi's strengths as a mover and shaker.

She laughs, "I don't know about that. But I've recorded the most exhausting Rendezvous ever. I've got Zayed Khan to come with his wife for their first together interview. In the first segment you'll see Zayed with his parents Sanjay and Zarine Khan. The second segment features just Zayed and his three sisters. In the third segment I bring on the bride and the groom. Zayed is so lucky to get a wife like Malieka. They complement each other perfectly."

The episode was recorded on Tuesday evening and Star intends to project it as the season's USP on Star World.

Simi says, "I'm really happy that my Rendezvous is on Star World. First of all, I can't conduct my interviews in Hindi. And then Star World has taken my show to every corner of the world."

For the first time Simi has shorn off her trademark tresses. She now sports a short, chic haircut that everyone is talking about. "A close friend compelled me into it. She kept saying my long hair had become boring and I needed a change. She even arranged the appointment with the hair dresser. Ninety per cent of my friends love my new look but I'm not too happy with it. I really can't recognize myself in the mirror anymore. Who's this woman with short hair? She looks like my distant cousin. On the plus side, my new hair cut goes well with the new season of Rendezvous."

Simi intends to bring on a surprise cache of star guests this time. "You wait and watch. You're in for a surprise."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;articleid=12820051562937128200515449812

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mermaid_QT thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
thanks for sharing.
she still looks so young!! amazing!

qt