Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Paru... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: locman

@paru: yesh i know what type of combo scenes you mean....pihu being rapchundously (credit to vaibhavi merchant) mean.....rudr being smoulderingly angry.....facing off....toe to toe....ok...why should i do the CVs job?

unpredictable love-hate relationship of RUHU.that would be exciting.😍
u should yaar.if u become CV then sangini zarroor bach jayegi
Edited by Paru... - 13 years ago
ekumeed thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I respectfully disagree. First off, I want to clarify that I neither know Additi Gupta nor have I truly seen her show. But I have previously seen various shows of Balaji Telefilms Limited which have over time become synonymous with the magic formula of success on television.

From the position of a viewer and a critic, I can tell you that actors do not make a show. As an analogy, I ask you to ask any A-list Bollywood or Hollywood actor why even their films flop at times. Similarly, believe me, it isn't because of the star cast that a a particular film or show succeeds. What matters first and foremost is always the story, screenplay, editing and direction. (In the case of films, marketing and timing are keys also.) Anything else comes after...

You know, a successful film or in our case a show doesn't even have to carry the freshness of a new story, only  handling and presentation that captures the imagination of the audience. That's it. That's the "secret" magic formula. And of course, if the aforesaid is present, then actors can up the ante of the magic quotient stemming from the inherent spellbound potency of the story in transporting viewers to a make-believe world.

When I say this, I do not mean to deny the pulling power of an actor's popularity. I only mean to have people realize that an actor's popularity matters only as far as the story's handling goes.

With regards to Sanjog Se Bani Sangini or any other shows (for Zee TV channel), the casting decision rests on the shoulders of the producers, director, and Zee TV channel. I honestly do not for a moment doubt they picked the right persons (theoretically) to play the characters as from the very first moment of watching:

I believed...
Pihu as the proud and beautiful girl who dumps her boyfriend-cum-childhood-sweetheart on account of a slap which she sees as a physical assault on their love and wants to bring Rudra to his knees (by having him regret his action and the bareness of his life in her leaving him).

I believed...
Rudra as the man who cannot handle a broken heart who finds himself captured by another girl who inspires him with her words to fight again...whether the question is of life or love or both.

I believed...
Gauri as the woman who has no time for love and finds such talk amusing pastime of the rich rather than any matter of relevance to her life which revolves around survival.

I believed...
Abhay as a man who wants to have this beautiful girl (Pihu) in his arms in his life but who is also frustrated by her vacillation but cannot stop his heart from wanting her despite her obvious flaws and a history.

The problem is not the characters themselves but the visual character graphs as their groW*H and progress within the story is unclear and uncharted at times within the frame of the scenes and the story itself.

The problem is wrapping my mind around the pace.

The problem is that as much as the many scenes on their own are good/great renditions, the story itself and its key ingredients seem to get lost and lose their taste in the shoddy handling.

So, I believe it would be a mistake to believe that any particular pairing of particular actors can save a show when the problem clearly rests elsewhere (read creatives' handling and actual direction).

My issue is only this...make me believe.

And my personal preference is for the story as it was meant to be played out...Rudra for Gauri and Gauri for Rudra.

Sincerely,
Ek Umeed Edited by ekumeed - 13 years ago
OrientalDancer thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ekumeed

I respectfully disagree. First off, I want to clarify that I neither know Additi Gupta nor have I truly seen her show. But I have previously seen various shows of Balaji Telefilms Limited which have over time become synonymous with the magic formula of success on television.

From the position of a viewer and a critic, I can tell you that actors do not make a show. As an analogy, I ask you to ask any A-list Bollywood or Hollywood actor why even their films flop at times. Similarly, believe me, it isn't because of the star cast that a a particular film or show succeeds. What matters first and foremost is always the story, screenplay, editing and direction. (In the case of films, marketing and timing are keys also.) Anything else comes after...

You know, a successful film or in our case a show doesn't even have to carry the freshness of a new story, only  handling and presentation that captures the imagination of the audience. That's it. That's the "secret" magic formula. And of course, if the aforesaid is present, then actors can up the ante of the magic quotient stemming from the inherent spellbound potency of the story in transporting viewers to a make-believe world.

When I say this, I do not mean to deny the pulling power of an actor's popularity. I only mean to have people realize that an actor's popularity matters only as far as the story's handling goes.

With regards to Sanjog Se Bani Sangini or any other shows (for Zee TV channel), the casting decision rests on the shoulders of the producers, director, and Zee TV channel. I honestly do not for a moment doubt they picked the right persons (theoretically) to play the characters as from the very first moment of watching:

I believed...
Pihu as the proud and beautiful girl who dumps her boyfriend-cum-childhood-sweetheart on account of a slap which she sees as a physical assault on their love and wants to bring Rudra to his knees (by having him regret his action and the bareness of his life in her leaving him).

I believed...
Rudra as the man who cannot handle a broken heart who finds himself captured by another girl who inspires him with her words to fight again...whether the question is of life or love or both.

I believed...
Gauri as the woman who has no time for love and finds such talk amusing pastime of the rich rather than any matter of relevance to her life which revolves around survival.

I believed...
Abhay as a man who wants to have this beautiful girl (Pihu) in his arms in his life but who is also frustrated by her vacillation but cannot stop his heart from wanting her despite her obvious flaws and a history.

The problem is not the characters themselves but the visual character graphs as their groW*H and progress within the story is unclear and uncharted at times within the frame of the scenes and the story itself.

The problem is that as much as the many scenes on their own are good/great renditions, the story itself and its key ingredients seem to get lost and lose their taste in the shoddy handling.

So, I believe it would be a mistake to believe that any particular pairing of particular actors can save a show when the problem clearly rests elsewhere (read creatives' handling and actual direction).

And my personal preference is for the story as it was meant to be played out...Rudra for Gauri and Gauri for Rudra.

Sincerely,
Ek Umeed

Again, very well written Ekumeed!!!!🤗🤗  I agree with you.

And if they gonna show RuHu, than i will happily dont watch Sangini anymore.
ekumeed thumbnail
Fair enough, jan-. No long paragraphs. I will simplify. If Rudra-Gauri track is not going well, it is because of creatives not maintaining the pace of the story and losing tracks in between.

I haven't seen Additi Gupta's work. So, I don't know what to say about her. I only know her as Pihu, not Heer which is what many of her fans seem to want to relive in reviving the Rudra-Pihu pairing.

Even if you did get what you wanted, I believe the story would in your own implied words be unsuccessful because the problem lays not with the characters or actors themselves but in the lack of good and believable day-to-day and weekly track development within the original plot and its organic progression.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Ek Umeed
ekumeed thumbnail
jan-:

You are most welcome to your opinion. Just please don't expect me to share it as I have my own which begs to differ with you fundamentally on the issue.

Sincerely,
Ek Umeed
Sweet_Waters thumbnail
Originally posted by: jan-

whatever 

raga is stagnant pot hole
pihu can hold and move the story whatever be the plot, track or scene.

and no need to bring in Additi gupta here at every point
dont forget that we can bring binny sharma and iqbal khan too . so much for the deserving main leads 🤢

You can't bear anyone taking the name of Aditi Gupta....then how dare you take the name of Binny and Samtaji(Gouri's mom) and give them descriptions as you wish😕...First correct yourself before blaming others....Anyways, I don't want to enter into arguments....

Edited by Sweet_Waters - 13 years ago
Sweet_Waters thumbnail
Originally posted by: ekumeed

I believed...

I believed...

I believed...

I believed...

Sincerely,
Ek Umeed

Well said ekumeed👏...The success of any show lies mainly on the story and then comes the actors.I have watched and is still watching other shows where newcomers are the main protogonists and are getting very good TRP's.They are all average looking heroines.As far as SSBS is concerned, I loved the concept!!! Only the story needs to be moulded😳
Edited by Sweet_Waters - 13 years ago
HoneySuckle thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i like Rudra and Gauri..i thought the hug scene with Rudra in a towel was quite steamy!
adipihu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
everything written is correct. and agreed. but the storyline when it is moving only bcz of additi gupta aka pihu. otherwise nothing in sangini. what yaar the main lead binny is always running. and without expressions she is talking  crying  smiling and most fast running. that is why dashing on ram. see small amout pihu how much expressions.that is called acting. past 9 months binny is acting no improvement. no abuse. sorry binnys fans. dont mistake. u can also know that. only the iqbal and binny love scenes attract u or are u see the acting skills also. for me even though the best actor iqbal woh te hua bhe that sangini did not go well. very sad for iqbal. if iqbal and additi the main lead the sangini will be the no 1 serial in zee tv according to me. ok no problem only for pihu and iqbal i am watching. pihu all the best rocking performance as pihu. well done.