Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

- -NG; thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I can't say I agree. I love the show right now more than I ever have.
kinza123321 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i dont agree with you on that one, geet is an amazing show so very different from others. Westernization in terms of pari wearing short dresses, well the script requires thats the whole point and as long as everything done/shown has a reason to it then its jsutified. The story they are working on in the first place, is not very traditional at all so hence these things will come up once in a while but at the end theres only maan and geet (who doenst wear dresses).
smrite thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i don't know how indian culture people behave in real but geet's definately not westernized i think they show too much conservative side in serials of indian culture and i don't think in this century people think so conservatively there are though many people who think bounded in cultures but i don't think geet's story is going leaving cultures and all that it's just first it was about geet who was depenadable on her family and was too innocenet but now she has come to city and has her own decision in her life and maan geet lovestory is so pure and devine even every step god bless them if u go close to the person then it's not westernised everyone does that i don't want to see people sacrificing their love and happiness in the name of culture tradition and all those stuffs i started watching this show as maan entered and the way their story developed i just love it and want this to be more intense lovestory coz this is what made it so popular today

I don't think Geet is becoming too westernized?? Again like you said its your opinion but, I think the current story track was needed. Geet had to emerge to be a strong woman and understand the real world out there beyond the boundaries of her town and family. And its a new generation now and India has greatly modernized.

I can't believe you are comparing a show like Geet to western shows??? Have you actually seen Western shows.........they show nudity, lip-locking scenes.............and where the hell have we even seen such scenes from Geet that you can call westernized?
Also, I was born in India but, brought up in U.S. and London. But, even if I wear jeans and shirt doesn't mean that I don't know my indian values or that I am "westernized." Like Geet, I still value my culture and family values even though we are in a modernized environment.
And please don't compare such a great show like Geet to crappy shows like DMG and MJHT! I don't think they are copying romantic scenes from DMG and MJHT at all. Just becuz, a particular show is showing more romance doesn't mean its copied from DMG just cuz, its romantic. DMG and MJHT aren't the only romantic shows out there.
Also, romance and love is a universal language which is always expressed in similar ways like eye-locking, hugging, kissing, etc. etc. so, doesn't mean everyone is copying one another, its just how romance is supposed to be.
And love is beyond any boundaries of culture, religion, society. Love is love and how else would you express love?? This is certainly not 18th Century where you expected to write love letters, run around the trees, and not even be able to look into each other's eyes...........I don't think the audience would have even watched this show?? Right now the current track rocks and the youth wants to see something more realistic instead of usual saas-bahu drama which is overly dramatized!

And also, I think many people in here have had some very great answers for why Geet isn't that westernized and how the current story track is good.

Geet rocks for me. And Maaneet just make one fall in love with them.
Edited by lighteningbuzz - 13 years ago
VJ-LNMDJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: liv2laugh

There is one fact that we are all conveniently overlooking and that is  India itself has changed, and it is high time that TV serials came out of the dark ages (read Kekta mayee's zardosi sarees and heavy jewelery 🤢 nonsense.......come on who wears those things on a daily basis now-a days 🤣) and moved into the jet age. 😉

Geet is groundbreaking in several respects and we should stand by the series 👍🏼

---- The subject itself is thought provoking - a young pregnant girl, cheated and abandoned by a man who was only interested in her money ............whose family instead of standing by her tries to kill her 😡

---- This girl moves to the city to make a life for herself and her baby, but fate has other plans for her and she ends up falling in love with her boss ......... this breaks new ground because I do not think they have ever seen a pregnant girl fall in love with a man who is not her baby's father 👏👏 👏

---- She is only 18 and she is conflicted whether to listen to her heart or to stay her course and provide for her baby. This is what makes the show interesting.

---- All the characters are well etched be it Geet, Maan, or even NT.

I agree that the treatment of the show maybe a little bold for people not used to watching english serials 😉 ......but I think they have enough substance to keep the audience hooked.

~ ❤️~~ ❤️~~ ❤️~~ ❤️~~ ❤️~~ ❤️~~ ❤️~~ ❤️~~ ❤️~~ ❤️~~ ❤️~~ ❤️~~ ❤️~~ ❤️~

I think what would make the show even more groundbreaking and interesting IMHO is the following

---- Geet telling Maan that she is pregnant ......just the basic outline will suffice 😛.......that way CVs can keep the fill in the blanks game for later 😉. 😆 😆 😆

----- Maan reaction is key .....he can sulk and rail against her as to why she did not tell him earlier BUT THEN HE MUST COME TO HIS SENSES AND TELL HER HE LOVES HER AND BY EXTENSION THE BABY TOO 

---- Daadima must accept Geet as she is baby and all. 😳

---- He must accept the baby as his own (not knowing that it is actually his devil brother's 🤢)

---- When all hell breaks loose, he must stand by Geet and so must daadima.

This will make it truly groundbreaking.

Sorry if this offended anyone.

Way to go , baby ....cudnt have said it any better ! I fully echo your sentiments and totally agree !!

VJ
VJ-LNMDJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Dear topic maker, I respect your sentiments and respect that you are entitled to your opinions ...

My views on this, however, are different.

I think Geet story is going great guns and there is no "westernisation" of the kind mentioned !

I love the show and wud stand by it , the CV's are doing a great job balancing the interest value and the message together and I as a viewer am having a great time watching it 1

VJ 
Jasmine... thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Well I kinda always knew that it would head in this direction..they are going with the audience demands of showing more and more of Maan and Geet romance. You can't expect from any show of starone to stick with the culture and traditions thingy..because its a youth channel and well youths always prefers romantic shows more than the dramatic type. And if this is what makes Geet the no.1 show in Indian television ..so why not they better stick to the romance then go back to village drama?
I agree that the serial has lost its orginality..but honestly no serial can stick to the orignality for a long time..
 but I'm enjoying Gurmeet and Dhrashti very much in the show :-)
pippa thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Many in the forum think that it should get bolder!

I haven't seen any westernised influence in the show.

Actually, the two basic premise the story was founded one (now long forgotten, of course!) are

1. Fake NRI marriages

2. Honour Killings

Both are still rampant in many parts of India, especially in Punjab. So, what they set out to show is really Indian dealing with some sorrier aspects of its culture.

At present, the story is citified and is moving on those lines.

What I liked about the show is that it's female protagonist is pregnant and that too not to the male lead...that's different. Plus, there's no kitchen politics and will never be, thankgod.

I like the fact that the hero arrived on the scene even before the heroine got 'married' to someone else and nothing happened to stop that marriage....that the two protagonists met again soon after her wedding night.

I like the fact that she took a bold decision to keep the baby and is now fighting not to spoil the heto's life...that's quite Indian in thought.
BayAreaGuru thumbnail
I don't think so
In fact this is one of d few shows where shows characters and their emotions r quite real in d sense that it is not vastly different to what we would have expected if we ourself would have put us in d similar situations and r quite rooted in d india we c around us

So I adore CVs for making such a nice show for d viewers 👍🏼
Amour_Reet thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
extreamly sorry if m hurting neone's feelings ....but wanna say it straight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i beg ur purdon !!!!
what makes u think geet is getting westernized ...!!

rather its showing bold indian woman who has the values of indian culture in herself....

every where there shud be comparisn betwn bad n good to understand the depth of good...thats y they are showing short skirts ..and geet in salwar suit ....

geet is real .///rather than other  saas bahu serials..... a guy has more then 9 children and 4 wives...busy in typical kitchen politics..who is fighting for her identity .....a protagonist !!!!!

what u expect to show them sacrificing their love for each other and going to the jungle for 14 years .....
lol ...that doesnt happen in this era...so why wud they show something unreal..

what did they do .....a dance ...and a hug ...
whats wrong in that ..?
cant an indian dance or hug ..?????

india is a country that values every culture and takes the good from it ...geet is the representative of that .....
mark my words geet is going to change woman's views ...its going to teach the society to fight for their own.....independence of a woman ..!!

love is the sacred way to reach  god.. ....dunia ka sabse pak rishta ..!!!
they deserves love.......
arent they ..??
they are not siblings and shudnt do this things like...

and they are in love.....
they are in pain ...
beacuse of intense love.....

they are not showing anything raw....
they are following indian tv rules..which they are bound to do ...!!

and please dont ask them to turn into a kitchen politics ....ornaments and typical jealousy .....always husband going out for extramarrital affair .....wife crying basket full and saas trying for remarriage ......and people calls it indian culture
waaaaaaaaaaah !!! what a way to teach people indian culture !!!!!

we love geet as it is........and u have to accept that hoshiyarpur is far away from delhi ......and surely they can visit a club for once in their life at least ....for the movement of the story....a successful business tycoon and a innocent girl ............whats wrong if they hav visited disco for once .????

we have full faith of GEET HSP team ...they will show the best

and yaa....sorry if i m being rude.......i dont want to be trust me ....i respect ur opinion aabout it ...........
but ....please don mind ....i hav to say it

please skip watching it if u find it not ur types.....but please dont ask cvs to change its content .
.thank u i hope u will not misunderstand...

CAZ ITS REAL .......................AND WE LOVE THE REAL THING !!!!!!
Edited by maanmeet8 - 13 years ago