Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Doracake thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Did any of your watch the Yash Raj TV shows in Sony..... Specially Mahi way and Rista.com........... Those serials were great  it was truely wersternized...... and also showed the modern India..... πŸ‘πŸΌ
muffins2waffles thumbnail
Hey I agree with Janaki =) I dont like Geet too much anymore either. just my opinion :) Was reading over a few posts here. yes delhi is now a modernized city but not completely, right? there's still some indianess left, my relatives live there :) And I don't think my sis was saying that Geet herself is becoming modernized, just the show.

I do like seeing her grow into an independent woman :) but i think some of the moments could be too intimate.
muffins2waffles thumbnail
Originally posted by: abi2010

Did any of your watch the Yash Raj TV shows in Sony..... Specially Mahi way and Rista.com........... Those serials were great  it was truely wersternized...... and also showed the modern India..... πŸ‘πŸΌ

Thats cool that you find them great =) I totally respect your opinion. but since Bolly movies are completely modern India, I was hoping to find some relief in serials. I have half village blood, so I'm pretty old fashioned.
raWR1323 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
i think that it hasnt lost all of its culture i mean when they were on the phone and geet was saying disco was bad, how she doesnt like it and all.
but i think it could go back to the cute nokh jokh and the cute office scenes
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: liv2laugh

I agree that the treatment of the show maybe a little bold for people not used to watching english serials πŸ˜‰ ......but I think they have enough substance to keep the audience hooked.

Lol, I live in the US, hun. I am very much used to English shows, believe me.πŸ˜† I have watched stuff waaaaaay too bold even for Geet.πŸ˜‰ I just don't want the same for Geet because Geet is an Indian show, and I love our Indian culture more than the western one, and as the English culture is the western one, nothing wrong with them portraying their own culture, is it?

Will explain more tomorrow.....too tired now.
brainychild92 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
IGNORE POST.. MOVE TO NEXT ONE FOR REAL POST.. lol

caps are there jsut to stand out:D:D hope nobody minds:DEdited by brainychild92 - 13 years ago
brainychild92 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

Lol, I live in the US, hun. I am very much used to English shows, believe me.πŸ˜†I have watched stuff waaaaaay too bold even for Geet.πŸ˜‰I just don't want the same for Geet because Geet is an Indian show, and I love our Indian culture more than the western one, and as the English culture is the western one, nothing wrong with them portraying their own culture, is it?

</strong>

<strong>Will explain more tomorrow.....too tired now.

okay ignore my post from above   now i get where ur coming from... i'm pakistani living in us.. my mom would tell me baout pakistan all the time! its culture and everything and i had an image.. then i saw ary, ptv, geo.. i even went to pakistan and it opened my eyes.. time has moved forward hence so are the people! i mean in the smaller villages yes its the same rules that our parents taught us but in the bigger cities its pretty much moved on.. i think thats what they showed in geet.. hoshiapur to delhi...
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Geet is still very much cultured show, Geet Maan are still innocent, their love is pure. I dont think Geet has become westernized , just bcz they showed one episode in a club which was the requirement of the story, doesn't make it westernize .

Originally posted by: aishi.muffin

<div>Thats cool that you find them great =) I totally respect your opinion. but since Bolly movies are completely modern India, I was hoping to find some relief in serials. I have half village blood, so I'm pretty old fashioned. [/DIV]

99% shows on indian TV are showing it, all saas bahu kitchen politics etc, all backward stories, issues based like UP, haryana, Rajasthan backgrounds....u can watch that

out of so many shows if (geet is not but still if u guys r feeling) it has becoming westernized then its good na for a change πŸ˜ƒ
mandu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I dont agree with you on this...I dont see it becoming westernised...it still has a very distinct Indian rather desi flavor to it...just my 2 cents😊
ninand thumbnail
Whats anything in Geet got to do with Indian culture/tradition? πŸ˜•
I mean,
---- Why should 'Indian Tradition/culture' be shown as alienating physical attraction from LOVE?
Maan and Geet are not SIBLINGS, or friends, or ....THEY love each other!! Why should they not be attracted to each other!! πŸ˜•

---- What has 'Geet' shown so far that might hurt Indian sensibilities anyway? Geet maan scenes are so aesthetically shot and by all means conservative! Are you uncomfortable with the intensity of FEELINGS that these actors portray?! Is there a "defined standard" of expressing feelings such as LOVE?!

---- You cannot/should not even begin to compare American serials with this one!!!!! It would be ridiculous to even imagine a serial like Geet could think of being in the same league as US national tv shows let alone cable stuff!!

----- Geet and WESTERN!!! you kidding!! And why are discos and short clothes labelled bad?!!!
Hey we live in US and follow the trends here, why cant youth in India follow changing trends there.
TIMES change. Its globalisation. Whats with the moral policing on what we should/shouldnt follow/adapt-to?
Adaptation to change is what makes species survive.

Infact I kinda didnt like Geets ideas on discos and short clothes either. I wish the producers of this show and all other shows, refrain from labeling things "WESTERN", "TOO MODERN" and stuff.

Please do not mistake my tone for anger. I just feel strongly about such things and might have gotten a little carried away. This is just an explanation of why us Indians and our mentality needs to grow from the 'Western-bad/Indian-good' to actually not stereotyping nations/people/lifestyles according to their clothes/ambitions,expressions and being a little more open minded about things that really matter (which are spectacularly numerous).
And yes, I am born brought up in India, just been in US for a few years now so I do know what I am talking about.
😊Edited by ninand - 13 years ago