That word - 'Hypocrisy'

soapbubble thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
This is a reaction to SEVERAL posts on this forum by various people.

Mostly the idea that is floating about is this: Johnny-come-lately Aman Mathur has placed a proposal in front of the Saxenas and they are now about to accept him happily where as when our own dear beloved Krishna went to them with the shaadi ka prastav they were rude and turned him down. Therefore the Saxenas, people are saying, are HYPOCRITES.

I justwanted to make the point that in fact this makes them the opposite of hypocrites. Dictionary definitions of hypocricy include:

Hypocrisy is the act of persistently pretending to hold beliefs, opinions, virtues, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually hold.

Hypocrisy is Insincerity by virtue of pretending to have qualities or beliefs that you do not really have.

So, you see, the Saxenas who hold education, refined decent behaviour and middle class morality as their values are NOT being hypocrites in rejecting Krishna and accepting Aman. They are being honest to what they believe their values are.

NOTE: This is a purely academic point that I am making and does not indicate my vitriolic hatred of Krishna or my unthinking insane defence of the Saxenas. I am a viewer who likes Krishna, likes PRatigya, finds the Thakurs entertaining and the Saxenas interesting. Just - it's driving me up the wall to see so many bandy that word about loosely... so😛
Bubble 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nisha2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
agree.................. 👍🏼
gees thumbnail
Originally posted by: soapbubble

This is a reaction to SEVERAL posts on this forum by various people.

Mostly the idea that is floating about is this: Johnny-come-lately Aman Mathur has placed a proposal in front of the Saxenas and they are now about to accept him happily where as when our own dear beloved Krishna went to them with the shaadi ka prastav they were rude and turned him down. Therefore the Saxenas, people are saying, are HYPOCRITES.

I justwanted to make the point that in fact this makes them the opposite of hypocrites. Dictionary definitions of hypocricy include:

Hypocrisy is the act of persistently pretending to hold beliefs, opinions, virtues, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually hold.

Hypocrisy is Insincerity by virtue of pretending to have qualities or beliefs that you do not really have.

So, you see, the Saxenas who hold education, refined decent behaviour and middle class morality as their values are NOT being hypocrites in rejecting Krishna and accepting Aman. They are being honest to what they believe their values are.

NOTE: This is a purely academic point that I am making and does not indicate my vitriolic hatred of Krishna or my unthinking insane defence of the Saxenas. I am a viewer who likes Krishna, likes PRatigya, finds the Thakurs entertaining and the Saxenas interesting. Just - it's driving me up the wall to see so many bandy that word about loosely... so😛
Bubble 

well said but they r still hypocrites--maybe wid a difference !!!😆as you said they r honest to the values they believe they have !!!! that doesnt  necesarily mean they hve it as per others judgement!🤣
Edited by gees - 13 years ago
soapbubble thumbnail
Originally posted by: gees

well said but they r still hypocrites--maybe wid a difference !!!😆as you said they r honest to the values they believe they have !!!! that doesnt  necesarily mean they hve it as per others judgement!🤣

😕So basically: you don't agree with their values so THEY're hypocrites? 😆🤣
That logic leaks 😉🤣
Bubble

gees thumbnail
let it leak !! 👏 let it oozz !!!! but they think they hve those values wen they dont -- !!!!!🤣
Edited by gees - 13 years ago
MonyP thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: gees

You are right !!! and they forgrt those values or whatever it is, very  very conveniently and feel proud about it.  It's so irritating when they repeat especially Mr sacksena and his laadli beti  " ye galat hai. Ye sahi nahi hai. Hum galat nahi hai etc" 😕.
sorry for butting in, but couldn't stop myself.😳
Love-u-all thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hey Bubble thanks 😊

Some times the hardest things and the right things are the same. Many of us believe that wrongs aren't wrong if it's done by nice people like ourselves but the injury we do and the one we suffer are not weighed in the same scales. 😕

Applies to both Sax and Thakurs -- Is that hypocrisy ? 😆

Edited by SAM2U - 13 years ago
gees thumbnail
Originally posted by: SAM2U

Hey Bubble thanks 😊

Some times the hardest things and the right things are the same. Many of us believe that wrongs aren't wrong if it's done by nice people like ourselves but the injury we do and the one we suffer are not weighed in the same scales. 😕

beautifully said👏
DhokhaDoongi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Actually the saxenas are very good people.I have no prob with them.
but i just wish they could act better in the serial.................😆😆
gees thumbnail
Originally posted by: MonyP

You are right !!! and they forgrt those values or whatever it is, very  very conveniently and feel proud about it.  It's so irritating when they repeat especially Mr sacksena and his laadli beti  " ye galat hai. Ye sahi nahi hai. Hum galat nahi hai etc" 😕.
sorry for butting in, but couldn't stop myself.😳

ples never stop yourself --you r more than welcum and so is you opinion---lubbed it ---yes unka sahi aur galat formula keeps changing and it culdnt get worse wid mr sucksena goin to jail !!!!