Posted: 13 years ago
my take on the parents thing
when parents slap their children its usually for big mistakes to make them understand something for future, they have an authority over children and its ok for them to slap as long as its for the right reasons mostly so thye never go/do wrong in life.
i dont think a husband should have that authority to slap nor a wife.    
Originally posted by teri_deewani

my take on the parents thing
when parents slap their children its usually for big mistakes to make them understand something for future, they have an authority over children and its ok for them to slap as long as its for the right reasons mostly so thye never go/do wrong in life.
i dont think a husband should have that authority to slap nor a wife.    

It is very unfair to compare parents with boyfriends.Parents slap their children to bring them in right path.So I feel that the parent also do not have right to slap their children when they turn 18.There are other ways to point out someone's mistakes rather than abusing her.
Originally posted by -JONAKI-

It is very unfair to compare parents with boyfriends.Parents slap their children to bring them in right path.So I feel that the parent also do not have right to slap their children when they turn 18.There are other ways to point out someone's mistakes rather than abusing her.
yup, legally they are adults when they're 18... atleast where i am they r
and anyway i think slapping is onyl for extreme cases e.g. underage smoking, not when a parent can't think of any other way 

in sangini agreed pihu was provoking him but slapping her want the only alternative .. i dont think it'd make anyone stop in the long run, just hurt their feelings too
my take on the parents thingwhen parents slap their children its usually for big mistakes to make them understand something for future, they have an authority over children and its ok for them to slap as long as its for the right reasons mostly so thye never go/do wrong in life.

Madam, you are so categorically and tragically incorrect, it's not funny!!! I don't doubt that most parents think that subjecting a child to a thrashing (of whatever magnitude) is an effective way to teach them to distinguish right from wrong (which has a whole bunch of cultural nuances that are being ignored) .. but the kind 'folk psychology' that you expound has not - to my knowledge - been validated.  If it has, please point me to studies conducted in a scientifically rigorous manner that demonstrate a positive correlation between spanking and good behavior .. and also show the reverse to be true!! 

You then go to make an even more offensive (yes, to my ears) statement about parents having the authority to discipline children in this manner .. implying that they are 'property' .. not to mention suggesting that parents know everything there is to know about right and wrong .. I guess all moral philosophers can now stop studying the subject .. they only have to go consult with a handful of parents and everything will be crystal clear ..

In the unlikely event that this adage has not been heard before, I take the liberty of repeating it: 'sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me' ..
Edited by SValeCalGal - 13 years ago
Originally posted by nureat01

Okay so it seems we're more or less on the same page when it comes to his character and the impulsive slapping incident. Now that I went back and read the entire thread, I think some people were just shocked/horrified that a male protagonist would slap women because the general opinion that male leads are supposed to be ideal (pseudo-flaws aside). Like you said, many are painting his character to be either black or white when he falls within shades of grey.

@green: It's funny/weird you pointed that out. I read an article a couple of days ago on how many regard gender dynamics as black and white when in today's world, they aren't quite so neatly divided. It cited research which claimed that in 24-25% of violent American marriages, the woman is the agressor/sole abuser and they don't just strike in self-defense. I think it has to do with the traditional outlook on women who had been abused. It is sort of the 'norm' to judge men who hurt women harshly but many times, the opposite occurs and some react as though it is simply unthinkable for a "chic to beat up a dude".

@blue: Going to have to agree to disagree here. I don't think she was deliberatly trying to push his buttons or looking for a fight. To me, her initial remarks about Abhay seemed more glib than anything else. It didn't seem like she put much forethought into it (hence, not provocation in my book because I primarily associate provocation with intent - of course, I don't expect everyone to suscribe to my definition of it) which I would argue is part of her character as evinced by her incredibly rash decision to get married to Abhay and her unsubstantiated, if a tad puerile, statements about how she loves Abhay now and so on.
You need to understand correctly,

Oh .. OK then .. you will set us straight I'm sure ..

Because you can't just go around pointing and calling every guy or even a girl who might have slapped a girl/guy once in his/her life a psycho.

I didn't see where this was being advocated by the author of this post ...  I think she was very rightfully speaking about a repugnant act and from what I surmise, an absence of condemnation which is tantamount to it being considered a perfectly acceptable mode of behavior .. there is NO gray area here .. it IS black and white .. slapping .. ever .. is a NO-NO!

Because if he raises his hand again for no reason then I would DEFINITELY bash him.

You do understand don't you that perpetrators of violence ALWAYS justify their actions i.e. have a GOOD reason??!!  And rather than retaliating, it would be much better to report him to the authorities .. the fact that in most of the world there is nothing authorities do, is sad!

because there, abusive, psychotic, dominant, possessive and rough men are JUST SO HAWT!

That is SUCH a repulsive state of affairs ... which is why condemnation on a scale such as this is warranted and should be heaped on every unbelieving head as much as possible ...
 i know that slapping is disrespectful but in this world every man has ego and if someone hurt their ego then they don't see anything and think they just slap. That's the worst qualitiy but it's true. That's just my pov
Originally posted by Rin03

P.S: This might not be the correct forum to start this topic, I would have think that Pratigya or Bairi Piya or Uttaran (The crazy Vansh) or even Twilight would be the MOST perfect forum to put opinions forward because there, abusive, psychotic, dominant, possessive and rough men are JUST SO HAWT!    ðŸ¤¢

Couldn't agree more😆😆.....The Pratigya forum actually would be the most apt place in my opinion.....abuse is quite common in that family I hear😆