Priyanka Chopra to play Indira Gandhi

MissIffiy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
A biopic on one of India's most charismatic politicians — Indira Gandhi — may have actor Priyanka Chopra playing the lead role. Madhuri Dixit was slated to essay the politician's role sometime ago. However, the project failed to make headway after she showed no interest in it.

The makers have decided to make the film — Mother: The Indira Gandhi Story — grander and broader in scope by incorporating facts from the personal tapes of former US president Richard Nixon on the 1971 Bangladesh War.

Hollywood technicians, including make-up artists like Jenny Shircore — of Shekhar Kapur's Elizabeth fame — have come on board and pointed out that no one other than Chopra is suited for the role. Her versatility is being pointed out as her biggest asset.

"Since Madhuri could not do the film because of the illness of her mother-in-law, director Krishna Shah, of Shalimar and Hard Rock Zombie fame, is working on the casting with make-up artiste Jenny Shircore," said an insider.

The source added: "After going through the photographs of many Indian actresses, Jenny believes Priyanka is the only one who has a face that can match Indira's, though after some prosthetic work."
Krishna Shah told DNA: "The script has been re-worked after I got my hands on Richard Nixon's personal tapes related to the 1971 Bangladesh War. My research has changed the script a lot and now we are looking at casting an appropriate face for Indira Gandhi's character.

"Yes, I am in conversation with Jenny who thinks that Priyanka is the one who can fit in the character of Indira but it will be too premature to talk about casting as we have not approached anybody yet."

The filmmaker says the film will be made in two parts. The first will be based on Indira's life till the 1971 war.

It will also explore her personal life.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
YES!! Please priyanka do it, we haven't seen you in a covered saree in a long time😆
MissIffiy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I hope she does it too another interesting role for her 😃
Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
^True, she is capable to do so much more, hope she do more strong roles.
crazy fanatic thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Man, PC's really in demand, touchwood! She's getting good offers...and if she does this one too, her lineup would be amazing!
pooja_l thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thats really nice, pc would b awesome

hope there won't b any raajneeti sort of controversy with this film coz the political parties always become very furious wen a film is made based on their leader
snowflake0555 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This would be a great movie and something new for Priyanka! I really hope she accepts to this offer :P
TintinleMechant thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I like PC, but am i the only one who thinks priyanka chopra playing indira Gandhi is a really stupid idea. Edited by masakaliii - 13 years ago
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
yh it wont suit her playing indira gandhi it shuld be someone else
gujunpyo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Zareena

YES!! Please priyanka do it, we haven't seen you in a covered saree in a long time😆

she was all covered up in her last release only😛

yay,i'll be so happy if she's in..😃