Lafangey Parindey Reviews - POST ALL HERE

kawal_tak thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
richyricha

went to the screening of Lafangey Parindey today.....quite liked it! somewhat different and held my attention throughout..time for bed.nite!

avi_mittal

Awesome movie lafangey parindey amazing script great work by the lead pair... If I was a movie critic I wud give it 4stars out of 5!!!

saini_jas

@deepikapadukone LOVE YOU DEAR. Lafangey Parindey Rocks You are awesome in the movie. Loved you skating. I'm in UAE so I have seen the movie

appy_go_lucky

Lafangey Parindey..a must watch!

aditikirpekar

@deepikapadukone: What a fantastic job u've done in Lafangey Parindey...Superb! cheers!
This is by some people on twitter :) btw thanks hiru for re-tweeting them ;)

i hope its allowed to post Reviews by non- critcs :) otherwise mods can close :)

Edited by kawal_tak - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ttxl thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Movie Review: Lafangey Parindey

Bracingly Inept and Uninteresting

Who says critics are useless? Now you don't have to see this movie, unless of course, you derive some satisfaction/pleasure from graphic violence, unforgivably cliched scripts, migraine-inducing songs, and/or repeated sightings of Neil Nitin Mukesh's bare arms.

Make no mistake, this is a film replete with awful acting that glorifies nihilism - this is in-your-face movie-making by people with a moral compass badly askew. The title 'Lafangey Parindey' is an apt metaphor for the production house behind this flick which ultimately bobs and weaves a lot but ends up all empty air. Maybe it's a cultural thing but there's nothing remotely entertaining in 'Lafangey Parindey' - its just an exercise in silliness designed to rob you of Rs 300+. Director Pradeep Sarkar (of Laga Chunari me Daag fame) offers a lame attempt to do what Guy Ritchie has frequently done better - and with far more cinematic artistry. If he earns no other accolades for this directorial effort - a distinct likelihood - Sarkar deserves some kind of award just for assembling the most bizarrely inept cast and ideas of this young century. He's put together this film with the offhand shoddiness of a government worker thinking about his Saturday evening beer.

It's hard to pinpoint the exact moment when it becomes clear that this lurid, steroidal 'masala entertainer' is certifiably insane (or at least a lot funnier than it means to be), but it's pretty early on. Everyone seems to be sleepwalking through this film. Except for Deepika Padukone, who is such a terrible actress that she couldn't even act like she's sleepwalking. She is so staggeringly awful, such an ordeal to sit through, that it's hard to know where to start talking about it. But even the film's cast is done in by the deathless mediocrity of the production, an assemblage of random camera shots, messy editing, redundant scenes, and witless dialogue as haphazardly stitched together as the flesh on a burn victim's face. In 'Lafangey Parindey', Neil Nitin Mukesh plays Nandu, a yuppie biker who likes to punch folks in the face. So how come he couldn't yank director Sarkar out of his coma with his one-shot? All Neil does is stride around in gelled hair, talk fake tapori and ham to the hilt, deplorably abusing the good will he garnered after surprising everyone with 'Johnny Gaddar'.

Gopi Puthran's script can't quite get a grasp on character depth, yet it also can't quite deliver the cheap thrills such a trashy tale might otherwise provide. The storytelling is so overwrought and misguided, 'Lafangey Parindey' winds up as a colossal car wreck. It doesn't take long to figure out that Deepika, as a blind rollerskating dancer, and Neil Nitin as her doting, blindfolded hero are the most unconvincing team of hired actors in Bollywood history. Really, why bother roping in Deepika for a role in which she's supposed to dance? What's more, Mr Sarkar is so lazy that he doesn't even bother concealing the body double used for the dancing/rollerskating Ballerina scenes. After what seems like an eternity of bludgeoning us into open-jawed bafflement, 'Lafangey Parindey' is best aborted, and flushed away as one of 2010's more unpleasant memories.

You can surely tell 'Lafangey Parindey' has been passed through Sanjib Datta's editing bay one too many times. Style over substance is the norm as the whole film looks like what someone might vomit up after partially digesting Natarajan Subramanian's digitised footage. Eldridge Rodrigues' insistently fussy and grandiose production design mistakes extra-crisp textures, brilliant colors and high contrast backdrops for story atmosphere and style. Yes it's flashy as hell, but amphetamine-fueled methods do not compensate for distinct lack of substance. Sham Kaushal's action all but forces its bulky, twitching mass down your throat until you realise you haven't been entertained but assaulted.

'Lafangey Parindey' is certainly a front runner for one of the worst mainstream Bollywood releases of the year. It will try your patience and give you a throbbing headache - about all it does with any success. The only people who deserve to see this film are Rahul Mahajan and the CEO of British Petroleum.

Source: http://www.india.com/movies/movie-reviews/movie-review-lafangey-parindey_7949

kawal_tak thumbnail
LOL!! who gave it 0.5 ? 😆
kawal_tak thumbnail
however im sure the movie is really good : ) going to sleep for now :) im sure well getter better reviews :D
Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Oh my.. 0.5??😆 also he didn't liked deeps performance. Let's hope for better reviews.😊
ttxl thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
^beats me dear, maybe some self-proclaimed movie reviewer from a website called india.com 😆
Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
^maybe..looking forward Raja sen and Rajeev Masand reviews! Their reviews are the most entertaining ones.
sania_12 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
~~~Let the Wild Eagle Fly High!!!~~~

Desire for success, how we get it? Passport to glory where we can buy? Against burning fire of desire which goal can be held back?

Pinky the young smart girl (
Deepika Padukone) lives in the wings of hope. She feels her fate is written in English and she has to get a passport to reach there. The passport is available by winning a reality show. She is determined, ambitious, talented and she knows it. Who can hold her back? One Shot Nandu (Neil Nitin Mukesh) and friends are around, always teasing her and it is her routine duty to throw them out of her training ground. Nandu got the nick name for winnin
Lafangey Parindey Movie
View next photo
g wrestling matches blind folded in one shot against any contestants, i.e. wrestlers from different parts of Mumbai. He was working for Usmain Bhai a small time underworld don. Life of Nandu and Pinky took a brief stop after which they started dreaming together....winning the reality show where Pinky's partner chose somebody else to contest. There is a police investigation on Nandu, with his connection to Usman Bhai. Will they ship reach the shore or will it break in the waves and tsunami? Let the Wild Eagles fly high barge and see how!!!

It is a better product from Yash Raj Productions. There had no aggressive promotion for the film, probably because they thought it didn't have super stars. Then, story which can connect to the audience is the real super star and in that sense this film got a good star value. Yes, that is right. The story, the suspense, the journey, they are the selling point of the film. First time writer Gopi Puthran has done. If one gets a feel of Chak De and Rab Ne Ban Di Jodi, it may be just accidental. But true, there is something similar in those two films to this, the spirit of success. The writing has its share of flaws and worries, but it succeeds in holding a soul with many emotions which the film manage to pass to the audience. The climax however could have been better handled.

Director Pradeep Sarkar well executed scenes most of the scenes holding the spirit of the film. He gave the shocks when required, placed inspirational quotient in different places and raised the performance bar often. He got some best dancing moments from the cast and moreover, made the film an interesting and entertaining one till the end. The romance and action were moving in parallel lanes so much so that we were waiting for an action climax but they announced, it is a Love Story! For I like love stories.

Neil Nitin Mukhesh impresses with each of his outing. Let it be Johny Ghaddar, or Jail, or now in Lafange Parende, Neil impress. Good Job! Deepika Padukone rocks another time! I simply love this actress. The dancing dedication and effort is visible. Each moment is a stamp of continuous struggle with determination and she has reached a stage where the directors will find running short of better scenes to utilise the actress's talents. Even in the film, the director should have given more chance for Deepika to perform, but he rushed to narrate the story. Never mind, Deepika proved more than a point in the film. Excellent! All other cast did their roles quite well. They simply lived the characters. Let it be the friends, the Don, the Police Inspector or the Hijada, all did their small small part quite convincingly.

For a film which has scenes related to reality show the music could have been better. The director chose to pace the narration using songs instead of stopping the audience to enjoy the show. This had its pluses but how I wish there had some good music and the director posed few moments extra for the stage shows, despite a challenge of length. As it is, the music is just good and choreography is very good.

Action scenes are quite good, though they are limited to the stage fights.

Cinematography gives a mixed feel. They are quite good in many places. However, the zooming worries shows. A good cinematographer don't have to show the audience that I am focusing now on this star and now shifting to the other....then, except those occassional worries cinematography was good.

Editing is generally good. Then, there is some serious error in the climax. (May be it is an interchanged scene or may be it is a fault from the writer, but it shows). Otherwise editing is ok.

The film is a celebration of desire which take a blood bath but never rest before it achieves what is in her mind. The stars are there to cheer for the wil(le)d. The cloths may not be attractive or the vehicle may not be good. Then on what engine bird fly? This is a wild bird which has strong wings, though its feathers are not that attractive.

The film could have been technically better made, but it has a soul to carry to people. The film had potential to fly high with aggressive promotion. At the end somebody says, 'when my eyes were in its place I failed to see through my heart and I don't want to be blind now'. Do watch Lafangey Parindey for it is a Love Story, though advertised otherwise!

My rating: 3.5 stars

friends_rock thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
^ this one is better LOL😆
kawal_tak thumbnail
well this one was far better , cant wait till saturday :)