_dante_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Deepika's love for Imran!

It's an A-grade casting decision, given the director and screenwriter involved. Deepika Padukone confirms, mentioning she hasn't spoken about the film yet, Imran Khan and her will romance each other over a romantic script, written by Imtiaz Ali (Jab We Met, Love Aaj Kal) and to be directed by Homi Adajania.

"Imtiaz thought that Homi would be the best person to direct it, which is why they formed an alliance. I am also doing a Rohit Dhawan (director David Dhawan's son) film, a romantic comedy, which stars Akshay Kumar and John Abraham," says Padukone.

Adajania made his directorial debut with a dark psychological thriller, Being Cyrus in 2006. Being his second film, would this also fall under the 'dark' film category? "No, it is not a dark film. It is a love story," clarifies Padukone. Incidentally, among films she says she'd have liked to be a part of, the Imran Khan starrer, I Hate Luv Storys appears to top the list.

"I haven't seen I Hate Luv Storys," she adds though, "but I wish I was a part of it, just going by the promos. It had a mix of old school cinema, with the chiffon saris and still had a young candyfloss feel to it. I would also have liked to be a part of Wake Up Sid too," adds Padukone. Considering the media blitzkrieg over her past relationship with actor Ranbir Kapoor, Padukone dodges questions about her alleged link-up with liquor baron Vijay Mallya's son, Siddharth.

"I was even linked to Neil (Nitin Mukesh)," she laughs. "But I like speculation, I don't mind the rumours." However, she does clear the air over certain rumours about her work. "I am not doing Agent Vinod and I am not in Dostana 2. I read somewhere that I was offered a parallel lead or a second lead in Agent Vinod, which angered Kareena Kapoor. I don't think there is a parallel lead for me to even be offered that role. I don't know where this information comes from."

Padukone's latest, Lafangey Parindey, a Yashraj romantic caper, directed by Pradeep Sarkar opens in theatres tomorrow. "Lafangey Parindey is a full-blown romantic film, but it has a few other elements too," says the actor.

Edited by _sidma_ - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_dante_ thumbnail

immi and deepika again after break ke baad....imtiaz is a brilliant story writer !!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!

kawal_tak thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
OMG OMG OMG OMG ill faint !!! IMRIKA In a movie written by Imtiaz ? Im DEAD
Edited by kawal_tak - 13 years ago
glitters thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Deepu in movie written by Imtiaz?!

And that with Imran!!! ❤️

OMGGGGGGGGGGGG
ajooni thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
GR8 but Imran left twitter😭
I miss his tweets ..his humour.He is engaged to cnbc cheif's daughter!!!so,I always felt he was intelligent..i don't know..Anyway after reading his teets Twitter I am SUREEEEE...he is wise too!
_dante_ thumbnail

i hope there are many more IMRIKA movies.... this jodi is very exciting to look forward to....

so far we got:

Break Ke Baad and This ...

❤️IMRIKA!

friends_rock thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
imran deepika in a love story WRITTEN BY IMTIAZZZ ALI???

i am gona faint
crazens are getting the BEST news these days

btw the other link

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Deepika-s-love-for-Imran/Article1-588827.aspx
Edited by friends_rock - 13 years ago
kawal_tak thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Yes Hiru , first VBs next and now this one :) this is truly the best week for crazens :)
lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Deepika is going  on the right track....yay....

I am so happy for her...such great directors want to work with her.....

PS: I think Sid is lucky for her. He netered her life and see the type of work she is getting.....
Angel39 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ajooni

GR8 but Imran left twitter😭

I miss his tweets ..his humour.He is engaged to cnbc cheif's daughter!!!so,I always felt he was intelligent..i don't know..Anyway after reading his teets Twitter I am SUREEEEE...he is wise too!

Why did he leave twitter?😕