Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-SilverAngel- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
I would like to see beauty with humility!!
Hessa85 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I have to completely disagree with you on this go.  firstly on the point of nakku being an 'apsara'....well the whole plot of nakku having to conceal herself would not work so well if nakku was simply an extremely attractive girl.  nakkus whole life has revolved around her beauty so i have no qualms with her recognising it.  she was not being vain but just stating the facts of her life where men have changed faces because of her appearance,,, she was not pleased by the attention she got for her appearance but disgusted by it. realistically of course men do that.   also, of course i agree beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but its also equally, if not moreso, in the eyes of society. so in society would nakku be considered apsara? i think if your going of what is tradition, not just in india but across borders, when nakku was dressed as the bride i think she came quite near to what you might expect an apsara to be....the fair clear complexion, light eyes that stand out, and the red lips.  peole commented on the bold make up but i think it was really necesary to the images about the image the cvs were trying to convey, how many poems aretheir about nymph and their ruby red lips in english literature.  also, in places like india/pakistan someone like nakku  is considered even more beautiful because being that fair is just not common.
i completely agree with sasha the story is about how beauty can be poor females enemy and ithink so far its been put across really well. i dont think her awareness of her appearance reflects on her innocence.
nazia.icycool thumbnail
hey some of u say that bholi nakku is no more there...but i agree with kshreya here...nakku has not done anything wrong here..
u put urself into nakku's shoes..and imagine malmal more staring at u..gazing ta u with bad nazar and bad neeyat...as if u are a PUBLIC PROPERTY and all men have the right to look at u!!....the same is the case with anna....

first of all..nakku is some1 else's wife so y did anna lift her ghungat??...not only this but he also had his eyes fixed at her throughout!!!!...i mean how conscious would nakku be???
ok guys i have been to parties and usually in the women's section when women stare at me i feel disgusted and annoyed....toh nakku ka socho...she is supposed to be a very pretty girl in such a VULNERABLE condition...with all bad men surrounding her.....not only this but anna's wife blames NAKKU ?????now WTH??...pehle to nakku should bare the stares and then listen to all the crap from subbu???

guys if nakku's attitude had changed then she would have SLAPPED anna right away when he was gazing at her...but ye uska badappan hai that she didnt...which woman would allow other men to look at them like this???....and subbu..she was like 'ephle to chori upar se seena zori'.....and that y nakku was a lil strict with subbu..........

guys nakku is bholi but she is an intelligent girl..and thats y she fell for dutta...she is very mature and understands the worlds better than subbu and thats what she said yest...she said "aap mujhse badi hai aap ko dunya ke bare mein zyada malum hai".....but in turn she meant that even tho subbu is elder than her , nakku herself understands the world better than subbu.........

[B]guys i felt that nakku was in her sherni mode and was fighting with great courage for the first tym!!!!....she has always considered her beauty as a curse but yesterday i felt that she felt that EVEN SHE IS SOMETHING!!!...SHE IS SHE!!!!...she wanted her say in the world...she wanted what she deserves as a WOMAN, AS A WIFE....nakku for the first tym tried to show her DARINGNESS ....she has always been secretive and scared of her beauty but now she is changing and this change this need of a WOMAN's STATUS is needed...for how long should she be scared of men??of evil men gazing at her???.she is fed up of hiding her face now....

i agree with all u guys that the make up was very bold ..it should have been softer ...and hopefully the CV's will work on it..this was the first tym that gori (properly as gori nakku) was shown so they still have to workin her looks
-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Nice topic!

I may be totally off here, but I did not see a hint of self-proclaimed beauty when Nakku was talking about her "roop" and Anna eye-balling her. To me it didn't seem like it was her arrogance talking, but much rather her anger. Here's a girl who's been told from an early age (I'm assuming her teens) that her beauty will cause her trouble by her mother and has subsequently been made to wear this cloak of darkness. She's been the butt of every unappreciative joke and she's been a prisoner in her own body - something that I truly understand to be absolutely atrocious. She's conditioned to believe that her beauty is a curse and that she's "gorgeous" enough to make men turn into douche-bags - her entire life is proof of that conditioning. So I don't know if I can hold her accountable for acting so and consider it "wrong" of her, when for most of her life she's been told that this is what is right. 

The few times that her color does show it's face, the men seem to lose their marbles at the sight of her! I don't think she's saying "Oh look I'm so pretty that the men just eat me up!" - I think what she's trying to say is more along the lines of "Men seem to try to strip me with their eyes every time they see my real appearance - my beauty is a curse to me!". Now she might not necessarily be breath-taking-ly gorgeous and I don't think that she's saying that she is either. But the fact that men seem to leave their jaws hanging and allow their drool to hit the floor when they see her is beyond disturbing for any woman/girl. I can honestly say, if this was me and if this was happening to me, humble or not I would be very very irritated. And to top it off the lady blames Nakku for "seducing" the husband?!?! Come on now?! I don't know how else Nakku could react other than be on the offensive. Yes, Nakku's humble and soft spoken most of the times but she's never shied away from giving it back when the person in front of her calls for it. She did it with Dutta, she did it with Ganpat, she did it with Kala and she's doing it with Subhu.

I might have totally missed your point.. 😳 And if I did, please blame my sleep induced typing.. 😆 But to me Nakku wasn't out of character at all - fair Nakku is just another aspect of our Nakku and she's reacted just as I'd expect her to. If she was all "subtle hints" and "apologetic" and "humble" while she was being blamed of being a husband stealer, I'd think something was wrong with our Sherni that never puts up with crap (unless it's being dished out by Dutta and then too it's tolerated for only a limited extent). 😆
Edited by -Fivr- - 13 years ago
Dancingdoll thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: gp00

Let me premise this discussion by saying that it will take time to get used to the new Naku, and I may actually enjoy her persona on-screen.

Here is my problem. I don't know how many of you feel this way, but I hope I am not the only one jumping the gun here.

So far, we have seen an overly-dolled up Naku. Yes, she is a bride, but they could have toned it down a bit. This is not Jodha Akbar, for God's sake.

So we see our sweet Naku in her fair avatar...nice. She looks very pretty. Now the absurdities begin:
She is supposedly such an "apsara" - 😡 😡 I hate that word. If you're going to use it, at least apply it to someone who truly is one!. So Anna sees her and goes ga-ga 🤪 🤪. Ok, fair enough--he's a horny man. Then you have Naku later tell Subhu in a not so subtle way that her husband was eyeing her. I thought it was such an insult to Subhu, the way it was said, and it was not in Naku's character to put it that way. Then she talks about how her beautiful roop is a shaap. I don't know, but I feel a huge disconnect between our sweet, humble Naku, and this glammed up girl who thinks she is Katrina Kaif or Aishwarya Rai or something truly great. Naku is lovely, BUT she is not this apsara. The more they focus on her unsubstantiated "beauty", I'm like "what are they talking about?". God, leave her as a very pretty girl, and let her be more believable so that we can enjoy her romance with Dutta.

Am I off here?

gp...I too get the same feeling when I see the fair Naku.....I dnt see the chemistry between the fair Naku and Dutta and hence I feel disconnected too.....its like Dutta requires a clean innocent bholi-bhali gal who just beleves in love, just like koel Naku and the gori Naku doesnt potray tht!!

Having said that, I do feel that its too early to judge and I am 100% confident that we wuld be back to normal with the gori Naku too because eventually the gal is the same!! but my earlier opinion is solely on the 5-10 min glimpses tht we have of Naku in her gori roop.....also, remeber when Gori Naku defends dutta that he wuld never use his wife for such evil deeds.....that was our Naku......even if it was in the gori form!!!

we need to keep 2 things in mind when we see gori Naku -

1. we are not used to seeing her like this + she was excessively dolled up....well, I didnt connect to her even when she had washed her face in the jungle but that was still better from this dhinchak lipstick wearing Naku!!
2. Everytime, I have seen fair Naku's scenes, she seemed obsessed with her beauty...Probably obsession is a strong word, but all she talks about is beauty....now, I dnt blame her....why....because thats what has been the hot topic around her since her childhood....ppl around her always have talked about her looks all the time....whether she is koel or gori...when she is koel, ppl atalk about how she is bhoot, buffalo, scarecrow and ugly to the core....so, talking about looks....when she is gori, we again have only talks about her being apsara by morey or anna or babi........ppl like morey and anna remind her that how correct her mom is about the leeches in the world and then she invariable goes and looks at herself in the mirror....whereas when she is koel, she is so used to ppl calling her names and getting scared that its become a way  of life for her and she doesnt have to go to the mirror constantly....so, all tht she has heard is only looks since day 1.....so, when she goes to the other side of the spectrum, she tends to take time to understand this new world, the change from old world being her looks and ppls changing reaction to her looks!!....so, I dnt blame her for thinking about her looks when she changes spectrum!!

but yes, thats the reason koel is the real Naku bcoz she gets time to think about other things, be lean in Bappa and not worry about looks...with Gori naku she has to constantly look at ehr back bcoz thts what has been her experience and thats whats taught to her since childhood, so, all sh can think is look at tht time....

so, I too prefer Koel roop bcoz I get to see the naku thts fit for dutta!!
Edited by Dancingdoll - 13 years ago
mozart66 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
true me too... i feel kaali naku and gori naku are like two different people! kaali naku's shy smile after dutta ate fruit in the jungle track was so innocent! here naku herself probably cannot believe that she can look so beautiful in the bridal getup and keeps on staring at herself in the mirror time and again... her love is still the same, her heart is still the same but her beauty seemed to have given her an extra edge of confidence which alienates her from kaali naku... she is kind of self-absorbed, self-obsessed right now... her love is still unquestionable.... no wonder dutta thinks that more beautiful a woman is bigger is the dhokha! poor chap! he has experienced it! not once but twice! with the awareness of beauty a woman can manipulate a man!
--Saaki-- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I respect the difference in our opinions. I assure you I am not mixing up Mahi and Naku, although I suspect you are convinced of it. I am talking about the FAIR Naku vs. DARK Naku. Perhaps, I am attached to the character in the Dark Naku...but I will tell you this: what I've seen of the new Naku has left me disconnected. The dialogues/delivery are not right. Now of course, this is a matter of opinion and you can think what you will and I can what I will.

My genuine reason for the disappointment is that the fair Naku does not remind me of the old Naku SO FAR. In how she talks, in how she interacted with Subhu...and yes, some of those cheesy lines they feed Mahi to say.

But thank you for bringing my attention to the risks of mixing up actors and their roles.

Ok GP darling.

If you are not able to relate "Fair NAkku" to "Dark Nakku",then I would request you to wait for 2 to 3 episodes ahead.I know it become harder to accept a change in your favourite character when you are so attached to it.But,dont forget it is the same Nakku who has sacrifificed her life for our Dutta so many times,who prefers of her family's happiness than her's.Its been so long we have attached to "DN" to definitely it will take sometime to accept it.But dont say that you are already disconnected.Yaar,connection to abhi honi hain,usse pehle hi disconnected kaise hosakti ho dear?

I would concludingly say ,Just wait for 2 to 3 episodes & I am damn sure about "GP finding the connection between DN & FN".I am counting on CVs for that.  

left_forever thumbnail

Cumon guys wats up with you all?? You saw make-up wali naku for only 5 -10 mins and started concluding about her?? Hey dnt fuhget koel Naku has been with us for almost 9 months yaar. How can u all expect to get connected with this Naku in one episode. Its like 1 episode vs 150. Give it time. Also Fair Naku is not going to always roam around in makeup and heavy accessaries. She will be simple and easy for us to accept ..but we need to be patient with her. Also if you see Subbu's makeup I dont find Naku's makeup so heavy. She is bride of the day and need to glow yaar😉😛

And here I completely agree with Shreya, Naaz , Fivr who think Naku didnt over-do. She didnt say a word or throw back wen Anna was staring at her. She just kept quiet but ofcourse gussa to aayega? subko aayega ..even if I am not so gud-luking but sumone stares me with dirty intensions i wont stay humble and smile back to him, i will try to give him luks to show i didnt like it. She didnt utter a word in front of Anna but the minute Subbu tuk her alone with her she tuk out everything on subbu. I cant even blame subbu here coz poor her, the guy whom she stole frm his first wife jst on basis of her luks is falling for sumone and she cant even say a word to him. So she blamed naku for that.
As sumone mentioned our naku is sherni and she has always given it back to ppl wen possible. its only like ppl like morey and Anna r such tat she cant give it back to them and so lets the anger rest inside her.And i think tat naku wil have to get more arrogant with such ppl to survive in this society. Not all Nakus will get Dutta-like guy to protect them.

This serial has always taught many lessons to us and if Naku learns to fight back on her own then it will be a great lesson for all the poor gud luking women to learn from her and this serial and maybe then this serial will prove true on  1 aspect.

No hard feelings please😃
Edited by ccolaco - 13 years ago
IshyMishi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

@ GP, Anu, Huma, LTL, Fivr

Hey guys  even I am in the side of ur perception..........

The current track is very comic…

I am trying to find reasons for  following scenes....

Y Anniversaty celebration during the Anan's rivalry fight…

Y Royal treatment for Nakku?

Y Dood se nahana,

Y  All that fat  bridal make up  for NAkku,

Y  Pallaki?

Y Anna losing his marble

Y  Flooring Mat for Nakku?

R CVs  fooling around with us or Do they have solid reason reason behind it?

Lets wait and watch….

shonapinky thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Let me premise this discussion by saying that it will take time to get used to the new Naku, and I may actually enjoy her persona on-screen.

Here is my problem. I don't know how many of you feel this way, but I hope I am not the only one jumping the gun here.

So far, we have seen an overly-dolled up Naku. Yes, she is a bride, but they could have toned it down a bit. This is not Jodha Akbar, for God's sake.

So we see our sweet Naku in her fair avatar...nice. She looks very pretty. Now the absurdities begin:
She is supposedly such an "apsara" - 😡 😡 I hate that word. If you're going to use it, at least apply it to someone who truly is one!. So Anna sees her and goes ga-ga 🤪 🤪. Ok, fair enough--he's a horny man. Then you have Naku later tell Subhu in a not so subtle way that her husband was eyeing her. I thought it was such an insult to Subhu, the way it was said, and it was not in Naku's character to put it that way. Then she talks about how her beautiful roop is a shaap. I don't know, but I feel a huge disconnect between our sweet, humble Naku,

and this glammed up girl who thinks she is Katrina Kaif or Aishwarya Rai or something truly great. Naku is lovely, BUT she is not this apsara.

The more they focus on her unsubstantiated "beauty", I'm like "what are they talking about?". God, leave her as a very pretty girl, and let her be more believable so that we can enjoy her romance with Dutta.

Am I off here?

well said gp👏👏👏agree wth u....am already tired of diz fair naku, her attitudeand her "apsara" kibda dialogue....Angryitz gonna b really tough to bear d fair naku in future ...!!

@Bold: so true...👏 she iz no way an apsara/ katrina / ash....😆donna who seeded such thoghtz on her mind...😕😆d men who ver impressed by her lookz ver only morey  and anna...diz people dont even fall into younger age group...aged old men...and still she takez pride tat everymen fallz 4 her...!!Sillygonna miss koyal naku....!!😭

Edited by shonapinky - 13 years ago